Author Topic: wireless original ps2 controller??  (Read 4644 times)

Offline nismo300zx

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
wireless original ps2 controller??
« on: April 12, 2007, 01:07:23 AM »
i have a full analog wireless ps2 controller i got for cheap, but much prefer the original ps2 controller feel. here is the one i got

http://www.gigaweb.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=131&products_id=3873

any help on this would be great.

edit: please hyperlink next time - thank you - edhel
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 01:15:06 AM by edhel »

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
Re: wireless original ps2 controller??
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 02:16:42 AM »
no can't be done. Where would the batteries go (unless you are willing to sacrifice rumble).

You could try and mod a PS3 six axis controller (they are preaty much the same)
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

Offline nismo300zx

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 04:54:52 PM »
i was thinking of taking out the ruble and putting in the small rumbles from my old cell phones. or making a small casing on the back of the controller to hold the batteries.

Offline iridium

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 06:21:48 AM »
This is the one that I use: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2277,CONTENTID=8157
It is close to the original PS2's and still has rumble.

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 02:16:31 PM »
I made a half hearted attempt at this a few years ago.

I am totally with you though, I'd love to have a proper sony wireless controller. Maybe I'll have another go at it at some point.

Offline Ilzwalrus

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I r smart.
    • My Livejournal, which I update two to three times a day with a fun and witty commentary about the goings-on of society today, occasionally interspersed with meaningful and often thought-provoking tidbits about my extraordinary personal life.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 10:25:33 PM »
Isn't there any space behind the main board of the controller to shove some batteries in? I don't own a PS2, but I had a PC one.. it seemed like there was enough space to fit a couple of batteries in. Where are you going to get the transmitter and receiver from?

Offline nismo300zx

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 03:08:08 AM »
behind the ps2 controller there is basically no space behind it. i was thinking i could just make an adaptor on the outside on the back. it takes 3 aaa batteries so thats not much space.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 02:24:55 AM »
i wish some one would release a SIXAXIS adaptor for PS2, so that i don't have to get a dualshock out to play PS2 games (yep, UK BC hurts sometimes...)
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline muzza

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 05:07:40 PM »
Yer i agree with u i have a ps2 and i have the wired controlers cuz i dont like the wireless controlers! Because they are not te original and dont look that great!. But if u tried the ps3 contoller or tried to mod it so u cna use it on the ps2 it wouldnt work because the ps3 controller is diffrent its is sixaxis and the ps2 remote is dualshock so it wouldnt work. U should look at this logitech contoller it looks like the original and looks smart try this link!

http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-Logitech-PS2-CONTROLLER-WIRELESS-LOGITECH-CORDLESS-ACTION-CONTROLLER-963320-0403

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 06:15:18 PM »
hey does anyone know if you can use one of those six axis controllers with the cooling in the ps2 without having to mod it? Sorry that this post is kind of old but i did not want to start up a new post whenever i saw that you guys where talking about six axis a little bit.

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 10:50:38 AM »
Yer i agree with u i have a ps2 and i have the wired controlers cuz i dont like the wireless controlers! Because they are not te original and dont look that great!. But if u tried the ps3 contoller or tried to mod it so u cna use it on the ps2 it wouldnt work because the ps3 controller is diffrent its is sixaxis and the ps2 remote is dualshock so it wouldnt work. U should look at this logitech contoller it looks like the original and looks smart try this link!

http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-Logitech-PS2-CONTROLLER-WIRELESS-LOGITECH-CORDLESS-ACTION-CONTROLLER-963320-0403
WRONG!!!!!!! its totally possible u just got to have good programming skillz which unfortunately i dont,dis mod is 100% do-able
Derp.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 06:16:45 PM »
Hmm can't you add some kind of adapter on top of the DS? It seems like some people should think outside the box. You can actually end up putting one on top of the sony logo, one on the top of the controller, and one on the other side where the sony logo would be, and still be able to play w/o any issue of those batteries getting in the way. In terms of weight, they don't really add much to the PS2 controller. Can't you also try to use like 2 cellphone batteies? Thier flat and they can fit one on top of each other in the back if they were put there with their long sides put in the side. Of course I can't back this up too much w/o some sort of POC or just some sketch of it, but I know it's possible if you think outisde the box on it.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 11:46:44 PM »
ORRRRRRRRRR do the easiER method and remove the PIC from the official sony controller and hardwire in one from a wireless controller with the wireless hardware still attached,then remove the motors or use cellphone rumble motors and place batteries where the motors were,im seriously considering tryin this to show all the noobs saying this is an impossible mod
Derp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal