Author Topic: Check this out. Seriously click this link.  (Read 1327 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Check this out. Seriously click this link.
« on: December 17, 2009, 08:32:23 PM »
A friend sent this to me:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sxephil?blend=1&ob=4

You should watch it and pay very specific attention to the information he provides about the US Military. I would personally find that greatly amusing if it turned out to be true.

-TwisT

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Check this out. Seriously click this link.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 09:39:04 PM »
Wow, about to go look up to verify that military thing LOL.  Wouldn't surprise me too much as the Chinese constantly hack our Pentagon.  :(
EDIT: Found it! 
http://cryptogon.com/?p=12669

A small excerpt for your reading pleasure...

Via: Wall Street Journal:

Militants in Iraq have used $26 off-the-shelf software to intercept live video feeds from U.S. Predator drones, potentially providing them with information they need to evade or monitor U.S. military operations.

Senior defense and intelligence officials said Iranian-backed insurgents intercepted the video feeds by taking advantage of an unprotected communications link in some of the remotely flown planes’ systems. Shiite fighters in Iraq used software programs such as SkyGrabber — available for as little as $25.95 on the Internet — to regularly capture drone video feeds, according to a person familiar with reports on the matter.

U.S. officials say there is no evidence that militants were able to take control of the drones or otherwise interfere with their flights. Still, the intercepts could give America’s enemies battlefield advantages by removing the element of surprise from certain missions and making it easier for insurgents to determine which roads and buildings are under U.S. surveillance.

One word...  FAIL!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:43:59 PM by pigoesfar »

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 08:41:32 AM »
the funniest thing about this though is that they apparently new about this since the 1990's but didn't think they were clever enough to work out how to access it. which no offence meant to the american army but that seems to be how they view all there enemies they think there enemies are dumb-asses and that they are Einstein's which isn't always true

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 10:08:41 AM »
yeah, pretty much... it's a total ego trip and superiority complex...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 10:13:47 AM »
yup also the american defence people seem to thing the biggest gun or toy will win and skimp (compared to some other countrys) on the training a bit. if you were to combine the two then that would be amazing having unparalleled training in all areas as well as the most technologically advanced weaponry that would be a force to be reckoned with.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 02:02:55 PM »
yup also the american defence people seem to thing the biggest gun or toy will win and skimp (compared to some other countrys) on the training a bit. if you were to combine the two then that would be amazing having unparalleled training in all areas as well as the most technologically advanced weaponry that would be a force to be reckoned with.

getting larger numbers of more intelligent individuals to sign up and then actually putting them in advanced tech positions would be a good idea also...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal