Author Topic: Ultra Quiet Flanless Console  (Read 11758 times)

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
Re: Ultra Quiet Flanless Console
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 08:44:52 PM »
http://www.physorg.com/news125057974.html This im not sure if its publicly available but its a genius concept tho and well no more fans?

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2010, 09:35:05 PM »
http://www.physorg.com/news125057974.html This im not sure if its publicly available but its a genius concept tho and well no more fans?
I believe someone else already mentioned that (maybe somewhere else).  Anyway, that is really cool, don't know where you could get one though.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2010, 09:52:01 PM »
don't think you can actually buy one... it looks like it's just a prototype, not in production yet, if ever...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:53:46 PM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 01:00:40 PM »
Today in school i was drawing a plexi-glass fish tank with a spot for the Xbox's disk drive to sit on the outside of the Fish tank. The Disk drive bill be recessed inside the tank so it still looks legit.

Then i will draw it in AutoCAD 2010 and cut my pieces with our CNC machine. Hopefully Epoxy will water/mineral oil tighten the fish tank with a :censored: drive hole in the side.

The Cable for the disk drive will run through a hole just tight enough for the power and data Cables. Window and Door Caulking will seal the hole good enough.

I will test this is three stages:

1. test to see if the disk drive will fit in it's outside case.

2. Glue a bunch of Test wires (IDE cable Ethernet cable) instead of an actual xbox360 disk drive and it's cables with water. (Check for leaks)

3. Then i Will try a p00p computer that i don't need. see if that runs overnight on full processor power to see if it cools OK. (Check for Leaks and Stability)

4. Testing the xbox360.

Woohooo Its done (hopefully)

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
what you could do is make a sealed plexiglass enclosure on the side of the fish tank with a drive slot cut in the sealed part. This would allow it to still "sit" in the fish tank, but stay dry and semi easy to access  :drunk:

also, if your planning on running it for more than a few hours, it is advised to use a pump and radiator to circulate to the coolant from the bottom of the tank, to the top. (Ive done a lot of research on oil cooled PCs) Otherwise the oil will be stagnant and will heat up very quickly.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 02:02:45 PM by blackburn »

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline Demonboy

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • hunterish
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2010, 02:23:58 PM »
sounds good... i begin work on mine in about a day so ill have pics and a vid to go with it when im done as well as a work log for reference :)

lol look at this crap u can get like 5 bucks a day for doing  poop http://adf.ly/2Knsr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal