Author Topic: t0pFire - Fully Loaded Rapidfire System [FREE-RELEASE][*2.0 Revision 7*]  (Read 134050 times)

Offline tomcat

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: t0pFire - Fully Loaded Rapidfire System [FREE-RELEASE]
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2010, 07:18:50 PM »
o.k i just tested what you said to do on BF and it worked fine for me... with or without mod, ITS YOUR CONTROLLER! Hows the projects going top?

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Programmer / Security Expert
    • http://milw0rm.com/author/1141
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2010, 07:19:55 PM »
thanks for testing tomcat. knew it would be faulty install/controller

haha.. which project? theres lots on the go.

Offline tomcat

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2010, 07:41:49 PM »
I believe they were topmap and xmmc? I think thoose were your next rapid fire projects... Correct me if I am wrong. Weren't you also working on remapping the xbox 360 controller? You should check out the CG GNOME project on xbox-scene by RDC and another guy quite impressive.
Peace.

Offline Buick455

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2010, 10:34:35 PM »
I’m not try'n to pick a fight here, just lookin for a solution to a problem.
If it was a faulty install it wouldn’t work with COD (and it does very well).
If it was a faulty controller it wouldn’t work with the chip removed in COD or BF...

(CG Controller w/ the Chip Off no lights)
Tests:
Checked continuity of the mod, all good... still not working
I removed the chip & all wires - SPRINT WORKING (controller works as "stock" should)
Re-installed the chip - FAILED TO SPRINT
Removed connection from the L-Trigger pot - FAILED TO SPRINT
Re-connected L-Trigger, Removed connection from R-Trigger pot - SPRINT WORKING

Can you think of any other tests I can try?

This sounds allot like crazy's issue... chuck a nade and the thing starts working, which makes no sence at all either, lol...

I don’t know, maybe I have some mid-revision board (just grasping at straws here)
I have about 15 more 12f683 chips in my parts bin, I'll try another one in this controller, maybe the chips fooked...
If that doesn’t work I will also pick up another controller and try the mod again. Is there any way to tell what version controller it is, when it’s in the package? I have a buddy at GS checking all the trade-ins, but it could be week’s b4 a unit comes in.

Thanks guys

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »
Yes your correct there in development atm, XMMC is a long way from completion actually only the base code is written. XMMC is the Xbox Macroable Mappable Controller.

t0pMap is just mapping with 2 external buttons on the controller and you can map most buttons to the external buttons.

That problem is very very strange, is this a CG2 controller by anychance?

Offline Squeck

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2010, 04:51:00 AM »
Did you notice that it flashes 1 time more the mode it is?

I mean, in mode 1 it flashes 2 times, in mode 2 flashes 3 times... till mode 8

Post Merge: February 13, 2010, 04:51:33 AM
Did you notice that it flashes 1 more time the mode it is?

I mean, in mode 1 it flashes 2 times, in mode 2 flashes 3 times... till mode 8
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:51:33 AM by Squeck »

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2010, 08:10:24 AM »
Yeah, that will be fixed in the next revision.

Offline Buick455

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2010, 12:40:12 PM »

That problem is very very strange, is this a CG2 controller by anychance?

It looks as tho its a CG (through the batt door anyway). Mine has a black part where the yellow one is in spurs tut for the CG. Are there any full scans/pics of this board? I just tried taking a picture of it but its blurry as hell, ill try scanning it later. it was bought around april-may 2008. Elite Black model.. Im totaly stumped, i havent programed another chip to try yet, we have like 20-30 ppl comming over tonight so time is against me..

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2010, 04:08:42 PM »

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2010, 08:36:39 PM »
if there's that black or yellow bit there in the middle its a cg1... the cg2 boards look bare....

but he only difference it'll make between cg1 and 2 install is the vvd + on cg1 is switchinf so the chip turns off with the pad.. but cg 2 that point is constant as long as the batteries are in....

but i reckon your pad is cg1....

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline tomcat

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2010, 08:55:05 PM »
the CG2 has the updated d-pad, but there are some CG's with these d-pads. Its like a CG REV 1, I have one of these CG REV 1's and it has given me nothing but problems maybe you have one of these. (The controller is messed and its not just this controller, i've had 2 of these and they are very glitchy.) Do you notice the rumble in the controller is stronger than others?
Peace.

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2010, 04:33:17 AM »
last black controllers are cg2 i think, i sold my two white controllers to buy two black controllers and they are cg2. If its help you I leave some picture of new d-pad:

Sorry for the quality but i took them with my iphone. I have opened my controller if someone want to take more pictures

Offline Buick455

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2010, 09:17:04 PM »
Sorry for the quality but i took them with my iphone. I have opened my controller if someone want to take more pictures

takes better pics then my 6mp Fuji i got for 30$ lol.. but no mine doesnt have that d-pad..

I picked up a used CG from gamestop im gonna try it 2mara.. if it does the same its gettin returned and ill keep my eye open for a matrix b/c crazy said he had no issues with that one, so we will see..

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2010, 05:15:31 AM »
that pad in the pic's above is a cg2.
as far as i know (as i was part of the testing in the development of this RF code) there are know issue's with it on cg1 cg2 or matrix so it doesnt matter which pad type u use.... i would however reckomend a cg1 pad type as they seem to be the best for general modding... in my view...

Spurgurgle d.t com

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2010, 05:52:23 AM »
I think the same that spurgurgle, best controllers are cg1 but i think the only difference with cg2 is R/F. If with a Optocoupler (like RDC says) you can turn off with the controller i belive this controllers are also good.

The pics are from my cg2 I have bought an optocoupler on ebay when i put in my controller i will tell you what are the results

Offline samuel vee

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2010, 12:16:06 PM »
I've been having a lot of issues installing this Rapidfire. On my CG1, when I put old batteries in the controller works fine, however when i put fresh batteries in, it acts as if the left trigger is being held down at all times, I did remove the rubble packs to this controller, could that be the issue?....

Second on my CG2, the LEDs are very dim when on, and when I push either the left or the right tac button, both LEDs come on, this is only when the controller is turned off. When the controller is turned on both of the LEDs just blink...

I'm 100% certain the first one is installed correctly and about 85% the second is as well. Is this a problem with the code or me?

Offline Squeck

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2010, 12:22:36 PM »
Installed it in my matrix and it works just fine, better than any other i tried

Offline Buick455

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2010, 01:15:11 PM »
well i installed this on a second CG1 (bought last night at GS) and its also not working.. rebuilt 2 times.. once with a socket and second time without.. new batts and old. this controller is just like my other one with problems, but with the yellow rectangle part in the center.

I have come to the conclusion that its either:
1. my supply of chips http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&productId=312514&catalogId=10001&freeText=12f683+i%2Fp+&app.products.maxperpage=15&storeId=10001&search_type=all&ddkey=http:StoreCatalogDrillDownView

2. fuse settings for the flash are wrong? (but this should be set in the hex shouldnt it)
WDT: Disabled
MCLRE: Disabled
CPD: Disabled
InEx Switch Over: Enabled
Osc: INTRC_IO
PWRITE: Enabled
BODEN: BODoff SBODENoff
Fail Clock Mon: Enabled

LATER THAT DAY: I am now up to 3 rebuilds on this controller and still squat.. I just grabbed NEW NEW batts and its even more f'ed up, when i turn on the rf on left side it starts doing it without touching the trigger..
someone PM me if you can snail mail me a programed chip.. my programer is verify'n these as good to go, but im at a brick wall. im now up to 2 controllers both modded that dont work, lol.. the one from GS is going back 2mara b/c its deff NOT THE CONTROLLER/S  :dntknw:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:48:05 PM by Buick455 »

Offline tomcat

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2010, 04:17:29 AM »
The controller I installed had the black crystal in the Center... it worked fine, also its very unlikely that those chips are bad. There is maybe 1 bad out of a million produced.

Offline Buick455

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2010, 10:59:22 AM »
well i have some confusing news, lol.. maybe someone can explain to me why this worked

i decided to try hazers "GameplayRF2.hex" to test the controller b/c the only diff in wiring is the indicator LEDs are swaped. The damn thing works, it sprints and fires as it should with the chip on or off.. It doesnt Aim on its own, or Shoot on its own, New Batts or old, doesnt get stuck aiming down sight. seems like it is as it should be.  I guess that should be a good test for those of us that are 100% we have the soldering correct but the thing is still being wonky (Sam & Crazy). i would really like to get "t0pFire 2.0 Rev5" workin though.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2010, 07:51:59 PM »
I have done 5 controllers with this code, and they all work awesome. Thanks toppz my friends love it.

Offline Buick455

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2010, 09:29:14 PM »
Great code, i tested on all games and works great except for halo 3.  Seems to want to shoot by itself when i enter games.  I tested using cg and matrix.  Matrix controller is flawless, but cg has some issues.

You figured out why it was doing this? or did i miss something? I though you were having a problem with it in the CG.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:21:25 AM by Buick455 »

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2010, 06:35:37 AM »
I was having problems with the first cg in installed it on. Come to figure out 3 hours later that the board was :censored: up.  Ive installed on i think 3 cgs and 2 matrix now and i have had no problems except for that first one, but that was the controllers fault.

Offline Buick455

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2010, 06:43:51 AM »
maybe i just have :censored: for luck.. I bought a second CG and tried it on that one also and it did the same thing as the first... i guess ill try getting another and try again. Third times a charm  :beg: i hope, lol

I wonder if it has something to do with the trigger pots.. new vs old and worn..
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:46:44 AM by Buick455 »

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2010, 06:49:02 AM »
I was having problems with the first cg in installed it on. Come to figure out 3 hours later that the board was :censored: up.  Ive installed on i think 3 cgs and 2 matrix now and i have had no problems except for that first one, but that was the controllers fault.

see crazy is a capable modder... he thought his install was perfect.... but after later inspection found it to be incorrect.....

i undersatand people will have trouble installing this code.... but during its development me and t0p tested this code alot as well as a few other members of our RnD team testing it out...... i had my hands on this code a good month or so before it was made public and during that time i installed it several times for different versions of it and then again to take all the pics for the install guide.... there is nothing wrong with the code..... if people are having troubles it'll be a faulty install or faulty pad.... evan if the pad seems fine before modding it.... it may be faulty you just dont notice it as it doesnt do it with the rf or you could evan damage it in the install evan if its not visible damage... remember how sensitive some components are...

Spurgurgle d.t com

Offline Buick455

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2010, 07:32:50 AM »
totaly agree spur.. i just cant believe i found 2 :censored:ed pads to try it on right off the bat. and the fact that GameplayRF2.hex on the same controller, same wiring, same batteries works perfectly. I have been chipping consoles (not those silly ass spider wire installs, or the screwdown chips) since the first PS came out, i knew i had the wiring right.

heres a break down of the facts that have had me bashin my head on the wall..
1st controller, CG: (great for COD, wonky in BF)
Works great in COD (no issues)
Wont sprint in BF1943 (havent tried much else)
diff batteries make it worse, lol
GameplayRF2 works perfectly (wouldnt this be another indicator that the wiring is fine)
Controller works fine stock without the chip installed

2nd controller, CG: (great in COD, same as first in BF)
Works great in COD (no issues)
Wont sprint in BF1943
Stuck aiming down sight in BF with or without the chip on
GameplayRF2 works perfectly
Controller works fine stock without the chip installed

If the above was the outcome of your first 2 installs what would you think is the problem, lol? Like i said i believe ya that its not the code (chances of the code being bad with all the testing is far less likely then me getting 2 :censored:ed controllers in a row). I will buy a brand new controller today (maybe 2) and give it a go.

Also for clarity on my end could whoever has the .asm shoot me the __CONFIG switches line.

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2010, 10:55:42 AM »
The fuse configurations are already defined in the code.

If you have a problem from now on, Please post several pictures of your wiring to and from the PIC. and specify your programming hardware and software your using.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2010, 07:06:37 PM »
I am going to add something here:

1. Is the wiring completely installed? Some people leave out the left trigger and/or the left LED. This could cause problems that would not normally be picked up.

2. If the wiring is complete, then my code would not work correctly if there was a mistake with the wiring as is being suggested by everyone else. But make sure you test everything. The left trigger should also rapidfire when enabled with the left tact.

3. The problems you are describing only happen with this one game. Describe the unwanted behavior, but also tell us what button would normally cause that action in the first place under normal circumstances.

4. You say these problems exist even when the chip is 'turned off'. What does that mean? Is it the first mode where the RF is disabled? And what I find interesting is you are basically saying that the GameplayRF code does not cause this behavior, on or off. Is that correct?

In my opinion, looking at those 4 questions there seems to be more to this than simply saying its a bad install. If it was a bad install, there would be obvious problems with GameplayRF especially since that code performs ADC on reset to determine controller type. It would act very strange on a bad install.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2010, 07:23:07 PM »
Lol buick i think you just have really bad luck. I just installed it on another cg today and it worked perfect first try.

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2010, 07:37:34 PM »
Has hazer mentions, t0pFire along with GamePlayRF both use ADC on the right trigger to determine the controller type. Thats the only thing i can think thats messing this up for you. Or maybe your getting this PINS mixed up.

as i said post detailed pictures of your install... including close ups of all solder points on the board and pic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal