Poll

Is there a market for painted controllers?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Do you think....  (Read 835 times)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Do you think....
« on: January 10, 2010, 07:13:51 PM »
there's a market for painted controllers?  I know of a place to acquire 25 xbox 360 controllers shells and I was thinking I could buy them paint them (with designs) and resell them or offer a local installation service.   And my backup plan was if I couldn't sell just the shell I could buy a cheap controller and swap shells and then sell it.   

I won't go into details on how I would do this but I need a general opinion here,  Do YOU think it would work?  Comments/ constructive opinions welcome.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Do you think....
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 07:19:08 PM »
Huh. I saw that eBay listing too!

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 07:43:42 PM »
I would say if your good at painting them yes you will sell some. How many or how much well I dont think anyone could be accurate to put a number to it. If you are confident in your work go for it!! I would say the least that would happen is you break even or lose a couple bucks. But it could also open a door for you that really takes off and your name gets out as doing great work then you might make some money at it. Either way GOOD LUCK !!!

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 06:42:53 AM »
it would be great business but you'd have to upgrade to a good spraying rig,e.g. get a spraying compressor,facemask,airbrush and spray gun,and also the paint,clearcoat,polishing machine,as well as polish to get a quality standard that would be sale-able
Derp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal