Author Topic: pic programer help.  (Read 1773 times)

Offline mickoc

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
pic programer help.
« on: May 03, 2010, 01:30:35 PM »
i built a jdm pic programmer (this one http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=669401&mode=linear) and when i test it in winpic800 i get "error hardware not responding" now a couple things. im using a irf640 instead of a irf510, that shouldint be a problem cause the only diff i see is that mine can handle 100 more volts and higher temperatures. i double checked the wiring and realized i wired up the serial port backwards, fixed that and still the same problem. then i read that i cant use my usb to serial adapter so i tried it on a old machine i have and still the same problem. anyone know what my problem is? it could be that my old comp still dosent put out enough voltage so does anyone kno what pin i apply a external 12v source to? iv included some pic's, mb ull see something i dont, in the first picture the wide part of the connector is the top (its female too, and sry about the mess)
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:32:58 PM by mickoc »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: pic programer help.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 04:50:33 AM »
what a mess!!! you will have better luck if you build this on breadboard  the legs of that socket are too flimsy to support the needed components.

you problems.
1. you are using a programmer from another site and asking us questions about it??? go ask the person who made the tut if you like x-scene that much
2. here is what you should have built.this we can answer questions about. it is the acidmods home made programer, posted here before x-scene posted thiers. https://www.acidmods.com/software/hazer/picprogramer.gif

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:15:51 AM by modded matt »

Offline mickoc

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 11:38:55 AM »
hey thanks for the help. unfortunately the closest store that sells components is a hour away and with a 351 the gas alone would be the price of a nice programmer (but where's the fun in that?) and i hate waiting on shipping so im using parts outa old electronics
1. sry, thought it was a old design and i did ask over there but figured id get a answer quicker over here as this site specializes in hardware mods.
2. i have every thing for that programmer but the zener diode, well i do have some but i dont know what voltages it is. any way to test beside putting a voltage over it and seeing when it lets it through in the reverse order

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 12:13:30 PM »
sdend me your address ill mail the zener I have a 50 pack and only ever used two

Offline mickoc

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 12:22:18 PM »
Thanks man! pm sent

Offline DubbedTheBeast

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 11:07:09 PM »
i know this is an old post but i am curious to know how i would connect this to my mac.  also what software should i use?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal