Author Topic: Where do you guys get your psp's from  (Read 1755 times)

Offline morpheus2582000

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Where do you guys get your psp's from
« on: July 02, 2010, 09:48:10 AM »
Hey guys I'm new here and been reading up on how to mod.  Quick couple of questions.  First where do you guys get you psp's to mod, and second as a beginner which model should I start with.  I think I read the 2000 is easier but just wanted to get a consensus.  I have a slim now but I don't want to open it and break it so I am looking for a broken one I can dissemble/reassemble and practice on.  I've been checking craigslist and ebay for some cheap ones.  Anywhere else I should look? Any suggestions on which mod to start with for a beginner? Thanks for any help guys
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:10:43 AM by morpheus2582000 »

Offline froggy

• SAN ANTO'S CUSTOM CHEVY'S
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Green Mexican
Re: Where do you guys get your psp's from
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 10:51:26 AM »
yeah check ebay or craigslist or pawn shops
and i think you should start with a psp phat 1001, because to alot of people its easier, its more durable, and can take a beating, belive me i know, mine has fallen like 8 times, and only gotten scratches and thats it, and its fallen from like 4 feet
ITS TIME FOR IGNITION, AND STRAIGHT AUTOMOBILE PIMPIN!

Offline Masterwlf

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 11:01:47 AM »
Yeah, I agree with froggy I have three psps and all of them work except my very firstone. I got that when they first came out and well, I stripped the screws trying to open it lol but yeah it broke after 5 years of dropping it suprisingly, but yeah the  psp 1001

Offline morpheus2582000

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 12:15:57 PM »
Thanks alot guys I didnt think about going to the pawn shops.  Just got a 1001 from ebay want to get a couple more for different mods and give to my brothers

Offline froggy

• SAN ANTO'S CUSTOM CHEVY'S
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Green Mexican
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 12:20:08 PM »
Hi Brother lol
ITS TIME FOR IGNITION, AND STRAIGHT AUTOMOBILE PIMPIN!

Offline Ennon

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 09:52:20 PM »
Hey man. Definitely check Craigslist. Around my area (Appleton, WI) there's PSP 2000s that sell for $60. All Phat PSP are hackable. If you are buying a Slim, make sure to ask for the serial number though. (This would be on the bottom of the PSP or behind the battery, same number basically)

TIP: If it's Piano Black, and the serial number starts with HU00, BUY IT no matter the condition. It's got a TA-085v1 motherboard, I got two of them this way :)

And I recommend Slim PSPs. IMO Phats are too heavy to carry around. Slims have more memory capacity too.

As for mods, on my first Slim I have an internal CR-3100 (Google it, but I wouldn't recommend this anymore). My second Slim is stock yet (with a CR-5400), but when I find time I'm going to be adding backlit buttons*, jewel, chrome faceplate (silver backing), and a custom tribal tattoo design spray painted over the front and back with transparent green spraypaint (as to keep the chrome effect). :D

*Yes. Backlit. Like my keyboard :)

~Ennon

Offline morpheus2582000

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 06:54:46 AM »
I would like to see how that transparent spray paint looks over that chrome case.  I just bought 2 psp's from ebay, one for 65 and one for 55.  The 55 dollar one is a 1001 with the top of the analog broken off but I plan on taking it apart and modding it anyways so that gonna be my first one to play with. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal