Author Topic: Ps3 rapid fire studying and understanding project open source  (Read 122986 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Ps3 rapid fire studying and understanding project open source
« Reply #390 on: February 28, 2011, 05:25:10 AM »
it was not and will not be fixed. and it could posibly be contributed to what he is experiancing. there is no way to eliminate the preassure sinsitve buttons without cutting the trace and using a transistor.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #391 on: February 28, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »
Actaully, thats is not the case.

What is going wrong with kompresd install may or may not have anything to do with the PIC. Its still up inthe air.

As for the problem with the buttons being pressed too far, there is a simple fix that no one ever tried. Simply put a resistor in series, say 150 Ohms. It should have no effect on the comparator reading, but will keep the current draw on the IO pin from maxing out.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline k0mpresd

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #392 on: February 28, 2011, 06:31:10 PM »
so i should try a 150ohm resistor on the wire going to r-common?

Offline platanomangu

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #393 on: February 28, 2011, 08:24:23 PM »
EDIT:  :#1: this thread might start to die,(but work from hyper and others might still be in progress here) but i just want to recap. Throughout this forum, alot of people put in hard work and if you wish to see the progress then feel free.

overall, Hyper999 manged to complete code and make the first version of it. You can find it on its onwn thread at
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,37606.0.html

also, RDC made a code with 5 modes, its further down the thread. so there is a lot of work that got done here. and if you are interested in making your own code feel free to look though this thread. you will probably find all the info you need.

Thank you, all of you. and hope to see code flourish from here.

why im getting a error when i click the link???
<a href="http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i205/platanomangu/b.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i205/platanomangu/b.swf</a>

Offline rockandink

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #394 on: March 01, 2011, 07:55:34 AM »
SO! I got this all installed and running.  Worked on the first attempt (PIC programmer, programming the PIC, wiring....)
That is awesome and not to be said about my 'skills' -- The tutorials and information available here is just great.

Offline rockandink

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #395 on: March 01, 2011, 07:59:10 AM »
I should mention that I believe the code found at https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,38069.0.html is not the latest code that hyper999 made up though--he had a later version which I read that resolved different issues.  I will go back in this thread to find it and try that one out.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:59:47 AM by rockandink »

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #396 on: March 01, 2011, 08:04:38 AM »
I should mention that I believe the code found at https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,38069.0.html is not the latest code that hyper999 made up though--he had a later version which I read that resolved different issues.  I will go back in this thread to find it and try that one out.

that is the latest released version of the code and it works fine when installed correctly...

Offline k0mpresd

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #397 on: March 01, 2011, 01:53:29 PM »
i feel so much better about myself now since dudes up there works. lol. and the other controller i did works ok too.  :dntknw:

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #398 on: March 01, 2011, 02:13:53 PM »
i think im gonna re do this mod but better in the summer now ive got my oscope and everything sorted nthis time it will have l1 aswell and serial updating

Offline rockandink

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #399 on: March 01, 2011, 05:14:20 PM »
i feel so much better about myself now since dudes up there works. lol. and the other controller i did works ok too.  :dntknw:

Well, if it makes you feel any better.... look what hyper just said right after--seems I didnt install mine correctly.

It does work, but the LED must be wired wrong--dont care atm.  my gf is happy as-is.  she loves the zombie game in black ops.

Offline k0mpresd

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #400 on: March 03, 2011, 04:02:25 PM »
i totally see what hazer is saying about the button issue.
i installed a new pic tonight and had to wire (again) to the vibrate motor for the rf to work. but its working consistently again UNTIL you press the button too hard. then it stops.
im going to get a resistor here in a few minutes and wire it up to see what happens. *hopefully* that will fix it 100%.

Offline k0mpresd

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #401 on: March 04, 2011, 02:33:16 PM »
so i put in a 150ohm resistor on the wire to rcommon and power cycled both controllers and ran through the modes a bunch of times and neither cut out. is it possible it was overloading the pic and it was crashing?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #402 on: March 04, 2011, 02:57:20 PM »
so i put in a 150ohm resistor on the wire to rcommon and power cycled both controllers and ran through the modes a bunch of times and neither cut out. is it possible it was overloading the pic and it was crashing?

kinda overloading, but not causing the pic to crash, but when the button is pressed so hard , its resistance becomes so low it causes excessive current drain on the output pin of the pic preventing it from being able to hold the common line high, the adition of the 150ohm resistor increases the resistance between R1 and the pic and prevents the excessive current drain.

(I think atleast i'm still learning but hazer or someone can confirm)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:58:21 PM by hyper999 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #403 on: March 04, 2011, 03:04:07 PM »
k0mpresd

please give it a day or so, play hard with the controllers and report back. if this has solved you problem without any adverse side effects, the install diagram needs to be corrected so this is not an issue for others. although I have never experianced this myself I dont play playstation, I have a ps3 and tested these codes, but i play xbox when I am gaming, I only rent games games for my big sony blueray player fr testing. i personally hate the way the ps3 controllers strain my hands.

thanks for the bug report.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:06:57 PM by modded matt »

Offline k0mpresd

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #404 on: March 04, 2011, 03:14:14 PM »
i mean each time the rf cut out, if i removed a power wire (positive or ground) and reattached the wire, basically power cycling the pic, the rf would start working again. this is why i assumed the pic was crashing or shutting down for some reason.
with the addition of the resistor, neither controller seemed to flake out. though, i tested the white controller in the video a lot more than the 2nd controller, but if one works, i assume the other does as well.
i dont own the controllers but im sure the owners will be quick to report if they crap out again.

Offline rockandink

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2011, 03:58:23 PM »
Will a 100ohm resistor work also?  (I suppose I could look through the thread and find where it was posted that the voltage drops and then plug numbers into ohm's law to see--but even then, i wouldnt be sure that i did it all correctly).

I'm just wondering if 100ohm would on one extreme end and if 150ohms is like a value in the middle possibly?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #406 on: March 04, 2011, 04:04:58 PM »
100ohm would probably work although you can use a combination of 100ohm resistors to make a 150ohm resistor if you want

----100ohm----
like so   [PIC]------100ohm----|                      |----------[RCOMMON]
                                             ----100ohm----

either way trying a 100ohm resistor will not harm your controller so give it a go...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:06:51 PM by hyper999 »

Offline rockandink

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #407 on: March 04, 2011, 04:18:22 PM »
100ohm would probably work although you can use a combination of 100ohm resistors to make a 150ohm resistor if you want

----100ohm----
like so   [PIC]------100ohm----|                      |----------[RCOMMON]
                                             ----100ohm----

either way trying a 100ohm resistor will not harm your controller so give it a go...

I was thinking the same thing--just trying to avoid doing that if poss.  I'll try it with just the 100ohm and see if any issues arise.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Time to program the pic for my gf's controller.  Then, she can stop wanting to use mine.  btw, no issues  (other than LED) on my controller regarding this, but her controller is newer.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #408 on: March 04, 2011, 05:32:12 PM »
The reason for the resistor is that the button is basically a variable resistor that is connected to the input of the controllers ASIC. We connect the PIC at the direct point of this input. When the buton is pressed, it lowers its resistance, all the way to ground. The PIC tries to force the input back to a high state. The button acts like a resisot to ground. What we found is that that resistance drops so low, the current the PIC has to output to drive high again exceeds it rating and it can no longer output a high enough voltage. In order to stop this, we put the resistor in series. This reduces the current draw on the PICs output when the PIC outputs a 2.8V level and the button drops all the way to ground. The current the PIC can handle is 20 mAmps. The value of this resistor needs to be (2.8V - 0V)/20mA = 140 Ohms.

It is better to use a 200 Ohm resistor than it is to use a 100 Ohm resistor. The only reason why we do not want to use too high a resistor value is that we do not want it to inadvertantly affect when we are trying to determine button presses using the comparator.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline radmiller

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #409 on: March 06, 2011, 03:18:27 PM »
Nice work!! ive been looking for a decent R1 mod for ages

i just tryed to update the code to add a 4th mode of fire ive included the hex it is untested as ive not got a controller arround just now ill test it out 2morrow and check if it works. Feel free to download and test as well. If it does ill upload the asm for people to download

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #410 on: March 06, 2011, 11:37:21 PM »
Nice work!! ive been looking for a decent R1 mod for ages

i just tryed to update the code to add a 4th mode of fire ive included the hex it is untested as ive not got a controller arround just now ill test it out 2morrow and check if it works. Feel free to download and test as well. If it does ill upload the asm for people to download

I could test it but... which diagram would have to follow?? what are the firerates ?? there is any mode with dutycycle?? If you could post more information about the code would be great

Offline radmiller

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #411 on: March 07, 2011, 01:37:35 AM »
hey m8t its the same diagram for hazers as its his code with an extra mode. im just about to rip a ps3 controller apart n find out if it worked. ill post back soon

Offline radmiller

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #412 on: March 07, 2011, 02:49:33 AM »
it didnt work it just goes straight to mode 4 after 2 insted of going to mode 3 then 4 :-(
Waitup
   btfss   GPIO,BUTTON
   return

movlw   0x40
   addwf   STATER, f         ;cyclic change in state manipulates
                        ;last 2 bits in STATER.
   btfsc   STATER, 7         ;state 1 or 2
   goto   Continue01
   btfsc   STATER, 6
   goto   State2
   btfsc    STATER, 5
   goto    Continue02
State1      ;OFF
   clrf   FLASH
   bcf      GPIO,LED
   bsf      FLAGS,OFF
   goto   Startover

State2
   movlw   FIRERATE1
   movwf   FREQ
   clrf   FLASH
   bsf      GPIO,LED
   bcf      FLAGS,OFF
   goto   Startover

Continue01
   btfss   STATER, 6      ;state 3 or state 4
   goto   State4
   btfss   STATER, 5                        ;think its something do do with this part not working properly
   goto     Continue02
State3
   movlw   FIRERATE3
   movwf   FREQ
   clrf   FLASH
   bsf      FLASH, OFF3
   bcf      FLAGS,OFF
   goto   Startover

State4
   movlw   FIRERATE4
   movwf   FREQ
   clrf   FLASH
   bsf      FLASH, OFF2
   bcf      FLAGS,OFF
   goto   Startover

Continue02
   btfss STATER, 5
   goto State5
State5
   movlw   FIRERATE4
   movwf   FREQ
   clrf   FLASH
   bsf      FLASH, OFF4
   bcf      FLAGS, OFF
   goto   Startover

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #413 on: March 07, 2011, 09:28:22 AM »
Code: [Select]
movlw   0x40
   addwf   STATER, f         ;cyclic change in state manipulates
                        ;last 2 bits in STATER.

in order to add more modes you need to edit a fair bit of code, its along time since i wrote this but you should begin with the above piece of code, after the button is tapped and debounced (kinda) the code adds 0x40 to STATER, adding 0x40 to STATER causes a cyclic change in the last 2 bits of STATER, the rest of the codes then reads these last two bits of STATER to determine what mode it is in. I'd love to help you but i have never used this code myself and was a major noob when i wrote it so i cant really remember how it works.

TBH i would just leave it alone the code is poorly written and an absolute mess, if i get time in summer i'm gonna re do it but better..

Offline radmiller

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #414 on: March 07, 2011, 10:04:08 AM »
thanks for the reply hyper. i know its realy confusing me i only know a little asm. ive all ready added the code for the led to flash when in mode 4 and it works. do u know if its like burnmeup for the 360 u need to add like 4 modes not just 1? also could i not change movlw 0x40 to 0x20?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #415 on: March 07, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »
well i should know i wrote it :P but the way it manipulates the 2 last bits is exactly the same as BMU but thats about it, and it doesnt matter what number you add you can only get 4 states out of 2 bits and these are, 11, 10 , 01 , and 00

Offline radmiller

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #416 on: March 07, 2011, 12:20:18 PM »
Code: [Select]
movlw 0x20
addwf STATER, f ;cyclic change in state manipulates
;last 2 bits in STATER.
movf STATER,w

btfsc   STATER, 7         ;state 1 or 2
   goto   Continue01
   btfsc   STATER, 6
   goto   Continue02
   btfsc   STATER, 5       
   goto State2
;OFF
; clrf FLASH
; bcf GPIO,LED
; bsf FLAGS,OFF;
; goto Startover

State2
movlw FIRERATE1 ;STATER = '00100000'
movwf FREQ
clrf FLASH
bsf GPIO,LED ;FLASH LED
bcf FLAGS,OFF
goto Startover

Continue02
btfss STATER, 5
goto State4
movlw FIRERATE2
movwf FREQ
clrf FLASH
bsf GPIO,OFF2 ;FLASH LED
bcf FLAGS,OFF
goto Startover

State4
movlw FIRERATE3 ;STATER = '0110000'
movwf FREQ
clrf FLASH
bsf FLASH,OFF3 ;FLASH LED
bcf FLAGS,OFF
goto Startover

Continue01
btfss STATER,6
goto Continue03
btfss STATER,5
goto State6
movlw FIRERATE4
movwf FREQ
clrf FLASH
bsf FLASH,OFF4
bcf FLAGS,OFF
goto Startover
State6
movlw FIRERATE5 ;STATER '1010000'
movwf FREQ
clrf FLASH
bsf FLASH,OFF4
bcf FLAGS,OFF
goto Startover

Continue03
btfss STATER,5
goto State8
movlw FIRERATE6 ;STATER '1100000'
movlw FREQ
clrf FLASH
bsf FLASH, OFF3
bcf FLAGS,OFF
goto Startover
State8
movlw FIRERATE7 ;STATER '1110000'
movwf FREQ
clrf FLASH
bsf FLASH, OFF2
bcf FLAGS, OFF
goto Startover
thats what ive got so far but its still not working. i still need to mess with the leds FLASH in this post
it compiles fine but just doenst change modes correctly ive made it 7 modes of fire

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #417 on: March 10, 2011, 10:38:29 AM »
Ok guys, today my friend has brought his controller to put hypers code. The mobo its a MSU_VX3 but like k0mpresed, i am having some problems

First i got rf works but after a few second it stopped. Its something rare because when i do the installation everything is good but when i try to close the controller rf doesnt work. The modes change well but led blinks fastly and rf doesnt work. If i resolder the wire wich goes to ground it works again but when i move the pic again rf doesnt work again. I have made a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUVV639YP8I

Do you think i would glue the pic first? However this should not happen

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #418 on: March 10, 2011, 10:50:10 AM »
rewire with fresh wires make, try to make them only as long as they need to be becuase i can see in the video that your com2 wire is pinched as  :censored: and some of the others may be too

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #419 on: March 10, 2011, 11:30:24 AM »
I have change the wires three times but I have always the same problem and its rare if I resolder ground wire works. I will try with shorter wires

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal