Author Topic: Ps3 rapid fire studying and understanding project open source  (Read 123326 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Ps3 rapid fire studying and understanding project open source
« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »
I think we are done here. release it and then we can start to revise it as you mentioned above.

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2010, 11:28:46 AM »
hum true without hazer or rdc we cold of not do this. well hum, in the future if you do add more modes then the 2 sec tap on/off mode is ideal. but right now its fine as it is :) well hope this thread will still live for development like rs232 and future goals :)

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #272 on: October 01, 2010, 11:31:25 AM »
ok just so we do not have a repeat of last time try this should behave the same as the last one

@gerald i will make sure i keep this thread updated with progress info and what not

Post Merge: October 01, 2010, 11:46:08 AM
i have updated the release thread so if this works you can move the thread back whenever you like
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:46:08 AM by hyper999 »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #273 on: October 01, 2010, 07:19:03 PM »
Just for further reference for the RS232 code I gave earlier, I took the design from the Picaxe download cable. You can find it the ssecond schematic down on this page:

http://dave.fraildream.net/picaxe/pxhwser.shtml

Its the one that uses the combo of a 10K and 22K resiators. That breaks the RS232 transmission to the Pic to acceptable voltage levels. The recieving side gets wired directly to the Pic since its output is already at a safe voltage level.

You can confirm the schemtic on page 7 of the Picaxe manual:

http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/picaxe_manual1.pdf

I would also suggest using Docklight for troubleshooting. Its a real neat freeware program that manipulates the RS232 port of your computer, and you can even setup automatic transmissions based upon set specific byte strings.

http://download.cnet.com/Docklight-RS232-Terminal-RS232-Monitor/3000-2218_4-10103185.html

I would try setting up a single byte recieve followed by a single byte transmission to confirm what got sent. Use docklight to test the results multiple times. You will probably find that not every transaction works perfectly. Hence the reason why my original code recieved every byte, then echoed them back and then waited for a final verification byte. Otherwise, it would dump the entire transmission and reset itself.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #274 on: October 02, 2010, 03:07:35 PM »
thanks hazer but as i am using a usb serial cable with in built level converter your code doesnt work for me so i decided i should write my own routine as id learn more that way so i did and i now have the pic efectively acting as a loopback. so now im trying to write what the pic recieves to eeprom im just wondering if you know how i can veiw the eeprom on my pc via the pickit2?

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #275 on: October 02, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »
A USB-Serial cable does not 'level convert'. A level convert changes the RS232 standard to TTL. That means it changes both voltage AND polarity. Here is what I mean:

For old-school serial ports on desktops, the voltage swings from -13V to +13V. But idle the voltage stays negative, and the start bit goes positive. The '1' bits are negative voltage and the '0' bits are postive.

USB-serial converters (and most built-in serial ports on laptops) have voltages that swing from 0V to 5V, but the polarity is the same. So, the same as above where idle is 0V, '1' is 0V, and '0' is 5V. This works because the legacy RS232 standard above is supposed to be tolerant from -3V to +3V.

An RS232 level converter changes everything to TTL. With TTL, idle is 5V, '0' are 0V, and '1' are 5V. The voltages and the polarities change. This level converting is usually done with IC chips and usually require a circuit with a few capacitors. There is no 'black-box' or 'USB' versions of these.

The code I provided looks at the voltage levels of the RS232 standard directly (and hence removes the need of the TTL converter). The 2 resistors are there to break the 13V swings down to 3V swings and current that the Pics IO pin clamping can tolerate. The code itself bit-bangs the serial 8N1 completely backwards to any other sample code because most other codes expect a TTL converter to be used.

thanks hazer but as i am using a usb serial cable with in built level converter your code doesnt work for me so i decided i should write my own routine as id learn more that way so i did and i now have the pic efectively acting as a loopback. so now im trying to write what the pic recieves to eeprom im just wondering if you know how i can veiw the eeprom on my pc via the pickit2?

Good to hear you wrote your own. If you have a Pikkit2, you can either use the direct pickkit2 utility or MPLAB to read the chip . In MPLAB you can read the chip and then view the memory in VIEW->EEPROM.
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #276 on: October 03, 2010, 04:39:08 AM »
Yes my adapter changes the polarity and the levels to 3.3v ttl
so from my adapter a '1' or the stop bit is +3.3v and a '0' or the start bit is 0v
although really it doesnt convert as it doesnt put out a rs232 standard signal even if i wanted it to
and yh i tried using the view eeprom thing in mplab and i keep getting crazy values but i know tht the transmission carrys out correctly becaues after it saves to eeprom it returns the value back to the serial port correctly but il work on it some more today

Post Merge: October 03, 2010, 10:47:28 AM
also with docklight i have found i get a 99%+ successful transmission rate
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 10:47:28 AM by hyper999 »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #277 on: October 03, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »
Sounds like more of a problem writing to the EEPROM, not the transmission. Especially if Docklight shows the bytes being echoed back from the Pic.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2010, 02:00:01 PM »
yh thats what i thought but i am using your routine from bmu3 so it should work right?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:16:04 PM by hyper999 »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2010, 06:00:26 PM »
It should. I take it your coding in assembly now then? Or at least using _asm _endasm in C?

The only tricky thing about writing to the EEPROM is that you have to wait for the EEPROM to finish before writing the next byte. It takes awhile (in Pic terms) for each byte write to finish. The code I have in BMU3 waits until the EECON says its finished. If your not working with MPLAB, then I cannot confirm if your comiler is doing the same thing?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #280 on: October 03, 2010, 11:24:52 PM »
erm assembly is the only programminng language i know??
but anyway heres the jist of my code

Code: [Select]
Start
call      Rcv
movwf      TEMP1
call      XMIT
movfw      TEMP1
call      WriteEE
goto      Start

Code: [Select]
WriteEE
bsf            STATUS    , RP0
movwf    EEDAT
movlw    0x04
movwf    EEADR
bsf    EECON1,WREN ;Enable write
bcf    INTCON, GIE ;Disable INTs
btfsc       INTCON, GIE ;See AN576
goto    $-2
movlw    0x55 ;Unlock write
movwf    EECON2
movlw    0xAA
movwf    EECON2
bsf    EECON1, WR ;Start the write
WaitForEEWrite
btfsc         EECON1, WR ;wait for hardware to clear (done writing)
    goto        WaitForEEWrite
bcf        STATUS    , RP0 ;Bank0
bsf    INTCON, GIE ;Enable INTS
    return

Post Merge: October 04, 2010, 09:38:17 PM
also hazer i dnt suppose you know of any good learning resources for windows programming for absolute beginners?

Post Merge: October 06, 2010, 01:11:33 PM
scrap that last post just giving you all a small update have started learning c# and am well on the way towards a pc app
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:11:33 PM by hyper999 »

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #281 on: October 09, 2010, 08:39:52 PM »
so no one manged to make you a app? hum well how are you going to start? visual basic?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #282 on: October 10, 2010, 02:44:57 AM »
Nah cyber pyrots gone so hes not doing it and im learning c# essentially have the app done but am struggling to convert the sps value the user enters which is a decimal to a 8 bit binary value for the counter in the pic code

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #283 on: October 10, 2010, 03:36:08 AM »
Nah cyber pyrots gone so hes not doing it and im learning c# essentially have the app done but am struggling to convert the sps value the user enters which is a decimal to a 8 bit binary value for the counter in the pic code

StringToHex

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #284 on: October 10, 2010, 03:59:26 AM »
@hazer sorry i dont understand what you mean (im a mega noob with c#) could you show me an example use?
waht i need to do is (1000/[an sps value like 9.15]) then output the answer of that rounded to the nearest integer. restrictions of the form ensure the answer will always be greater than one and less than 255

ok as for the pic side of things try the attatched hex setup as normal but all 3 modes now have 25% dutycycle ive set each mode to a different speed around 10sps so let me know which works best
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:02:31 AM by hyper999 »

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #285 on: October 10, 2010, 05:37:06 AM »
Ok guys, I have tested and the first and the second mode with the Grehwer and when you finish the firs charger, the second one shoot blocked by the patch. I think the speeds are too faster, but the third mode works fine. I have made this video:

Cod waw RF test

Then i think PS3BMU could be:

Mode 1: 8sps - Cod 4
Mode 2: 10sps - Cod MW2
Mode 3: ?? sps (I dont know wich speed has used hyper) - Cod 5

Hyper I think you could edit the topic including this new .hex code and the .asm but you would have to say that in cod waw the speed needs to be wich you have use.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #286 on: October 10, 2010, 06:54:50 AM »
mode three is theoretically 9.5sps but did you test online as the video was offline and as im sure you know the patch only kicks in when playing online

Post Merge: October 10, 2010, 06:56:52 AM
also @ hazer again the eeprom problem seemed to just be the pickit2 reading the eeprom wrong it reads itself fine
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 06:56:52 AM by hyper999 »

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #287 on: October 10, 2010, 06:57:46 AM »
Yes i know, this video its online in private match. In fact, with the others modes I have been blocked in a private

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #288 on: October 10, 2010, 07:10:50 AM »
kk am just about to edit the official thread
and have setup the hex as you asked

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #289 on: October 10, 2010, 07:17:49 AM »
Ok  :hifive: i think these are good speeds but i someone test others speeds wich think are better could post it here

Post Merge: October 10, 2010, 08:56:16 AM
Hyper, I have problems with the new code. I tell you:

The speed for Cod WaW you have put (9.5 sps) is blocked by the patch. Do you remeber wich speeds put in the other code? Maybe 9.5 isnt in the mode 3. But doesnt matter because is a small problem that changing the speed will be fixed. The mainly problem I have is the following:

When you posted the new code to test it in Cod waw, when I installed it the tact switch didnt work. I touch the PIC and the modes changed. At first I thought "I have made a bad soldering". But now when I have intalled the new code you have posted (with the right speeds), it happen me the same I have checked the wires and resolder it again but nothing then I have decided to change the PIC but dont work yet. The tact switch only works if I put the finger in the leg of the PIC. I have made a vid to show you:

Fail in the installation

I dont know why happen this but would be when you add the duty cycle?? Its very rare

Can anybody do the installation to see if happen the same??

Do you know guys if MPLAB works in MAC?? if not, do you use any program for it? I say this because when I want to change the .asm I have to use my old laptop
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 09:16:13 AM by rafaliyo86 »

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #290 on: October 10, 2010, 10:51:25 AM »
that looks like a bad conection somewhere im fairly sure its not the code also i suggest installing a socket in your pad for easy re programming
as for mplab i dnt know if it works on mac but there may be other pic asm compilers

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #291 on: October 10, 2010, 10:56:16 AM »
I have done the connections twice and with differents pics and happen the same. I will wait if someno test it

Offline aspin

• BANNED
  • Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #292 on: October 10, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »
what happened there is you not grounding that leg witch when you touch it you grounding it yourself have you connected the tact wires side by side or oppsite try removing the tact and touching the 2 wires on the tact toghether

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #293 on: October 10, 2010, 11:11:51 AM »
I dont think so because in fact the first time I checked the code with the duty cycle, i just desolder the wires of the pic (with the other code worked fine), reprogrammed the pic and soldered it again

But i will try what you say

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #294 on: October 10, 2010, 12:52:25 PM »
did you install it to the correct diagram?

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #295 on: October 10, 2010, 02:00:23 PM »
Yes, i did but didnt work. I will check it again tomorrow. Maybe its a bad connection but its rare because i have changed the wires, the PIC and the tact switch and fail with both.

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #296 on: October 10, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »
well i since in the other thread you have had a problem with it it might be with your truble shooting. but hopefully you will get the rf working. ima test it tonight and do some research on different games and guns. also there might not be a speed patch because ether sony dint approve. eather because of gamestop products witch have a turbo mode. or because there isnt people with rf in psn anyways. many reasons why there isnt one, but thus, this is good! :tup:

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #297 on: October 10, 2010, 11:24:22 PM »
well i since in the other thread you have had a problem with it it might be with your truble shooting. but hopefully you will get the rf working

Yes I hope finally works fine for me lol

there might not be a speed patch because ether sony dint approve. eather because of gamestop products witch have a turbo mode. or because there isnt people with rf in psn anyways. many reasons why there isnt one

I dont know sony didnt approve it but there is a patch. When I get home i will do a new vid showing it
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:51:12 PM by rafaliyo86 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #298 on: October 11, 2010, 04:23:24 AM »
hypre, please dont edit the release thread, until I have had a chance to test your new codes. we dont want the same mess as last time do we? and we seem to be getting a bit of wishwashy feedback. If the patchis properly bypassed, 11.5 sps will not be patched.

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #299 on: October 11, 2010, 08:16:44 AM »
Ok guys, finally my controller is working!!!. I just put some flux and resolder the leg and.... you know the end. You are right guys (i look like a noob lol). Matt I have an issue, would be possible that the patch on the PS3 has differents speeds to be blocked? I say this because with 10sps its blocked. Here is a vid:

Rf cod patch

Hyper I have checked it with 9.5 sps and works fine. I had to use the incorrect mode the first time

And as gerald say in the released thread, leds work at the following way:

Off: Led on
Mode 1: Led blink once and turn off
Mode 2: Led blink twice and turn off
Mode 3: Led blink three times and turn off

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal