Author Topic: PS Jailbreak for PS3 and guide  (Read 7726 times)

Offline jjyypi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PS Jailbreak for PS3 and guide
« on: September 03, 2010, 07:50:36 PM »
PS Jailbreak is The first PS3 Modchip.

The PS Jailbreak is the world’s first PS3 mod chip, load 3rd party apps and run games from USB HDD/>. It’s a small USB device that plugs into the front of your PS3 console that will then un-lock your console to be able to play un-signed homebrew applications and allow you to make backups of your original games onto your hard drive. The device will be totally firmware upgradeable and supports all models of the PS3 console in the market currently. It boasts an update blocker to prevent any future updates interfering with the device and the markers have supplied the first piece of homebrew software for the PS3 which is their easy to use backup manager software. It’s a totally Solderless PS3 mod chip device and does not require the user to open their console for installation, this means not having to void your consoles warranty to install or use it. The PS Jailbreak will extend the life of your console by allowing the user to not use their discs as much and opens the doors to tons of 3rd party applications and possibly even ports of existing software for PC could be made to be used on the PS3 while using the PS Jailbreak.

Buy PS Jailbreak for PS3 
Feature:/>

1.PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.

2.Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.

3.Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA

4.PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.

5.Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)

6.Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.

7.Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.

8.Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.

9.Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.

Installing the PS3 PS JailBreak Chip:

• The PS3 must have software version 3.41
• The PS3 should be unplugged to the slim version or switch off the PS3 with FAT.

• Put the chip psjailbreak USB into a USB port of PS3 console off completely (not standby).
• Connect or turn the switch ON the PS3.
• Turn on the PS3 with the power button and immediately press EJECT to activate the chip.

• The LEDs light up the smart red and green at the same time
• The chip is PsJailbreak is operational when the LED is GREEN

• If the LED turns RED, it must repeat the operation.
• It works at every startup if you adhere to the walking track.
• Turn and press eject once

• The green LED chip PS3 is on, we'll take over the chip that is now operational.
• Milestone has made only once: Installation manager on the hard disk of the PS3.
• Formatting a USB key to FAT32 and put the file Manager.pkg the root of the USB key
• Put the USB key named Manager.pkg on the second USB port of the PS3.
• Install the package by clicking the Files folder and then Manager.pkg

• That's over, it should take 30 seconds since the start of operations ...!
• You can remove the USB key containing the installation file manager PS3, but not DIE!

Test PSJailBreak Chip Functions:

• Launch manager who can copy and run games from the PS3 hard drive from the console or a USB hard drive (watch some games bigger than others can be stored on the internal hard disk of the PS3).
• A new version of the manager is out in the week to indicate to the user or it can not copy the game on the hard disk drive.
• All games can be copied to the PS3 internal hard drive.
• Manager previously installed on the hard disk
• The backup in the drive will be copied to the PS3 hard drive: O support round

• Install game: O (Round)
• Deleting a game: (Triangle)
• Starting a game: (X Cross)

• The manager after 4 games installed on the hard disk.
• Launching the game MX vs. ATV then Uncharted 2.

• Start the game with X and validate cross to start the game chosen from the hard disk of the PS3.
• Note that you must always leave a PS3 game (any) in the Blu-ray.
• Amazed by the speed of loading games from the PS3 hard drive, this test will put an end to all those who have shouted to fake... The chip is real and working.
• Note that there is no need to disassemble the PS3 or ribbon plug, just the chip was uncertain PS3 via USB!
• Please note that you must have the original games that you copy!"

Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks news. Also be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks Forum for updates!

sourse:http://www.digimartz.net/

Post Merge: September 03, 2010, 07:52:11 PM
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:52:15 PM by jjyypi »

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
Re: PS Jailbreak for PS3 and guide
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 11:23:44 PM »
awesome! now to introduce a open source version. the PSGroove! lol its actually quite the same.But it has back up manager disabled. but a minor fix and presto it works like the Ps3 jailbreak. Also this works on dev boards like the teensy, teensy++, back cat usb, and 4 othe dev boards, and in the nokia N900 currently. there is also talk and a snapshot that its being ported to the psp and being coded for a android app. so in a couple of days you might even do it with your psp or your smartphone.

Offline Vanilla_Nig

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • BMX Pro
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 09:44:27 PM »
This is a great find! But if the PSJailbreak is installed, sony will find out and bann hammerz you! cause it changes the ID of your ps3! So be careful for those who bought this pricey device!

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:10:51 PM »
This is a great find! But if the PSJailbreak is installed, sony will find out and bann hammerz you! cause it changes the ID of your ps3! So be careful for those who bought this pricey device!

proof?

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 11:32:23 PM »
its true the usb drive itself is designed for developers. these people just stole it though social engineering from sony and developed a backup manager. if your logged in into your psn wile running a game on the manager the game id will appear as "ULAUN-12345" and thats how they ban your account. sony and other websites have confirmed this. but thus there is a solution. lol some coders that looked at psgroove solved this problem, just chage the id. so they changed it to modern warfare 2 id. therefore, they ban all cod6 games or this hack will live. here i the sticky part. sony is trying to get these sticks banned . so if you ordered one, they might be a chance they will confiscate them from sellers. But the good part is that their cheaper to make and the code is there already. i dont encourage piracy, but i would love home brew on ps3! awesome!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:23:15 AM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline DARk_ANGEL

• Acidmods Rocks!!!
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 12:32:26 AM »
is it true that you can put these files onto a pindrive and it will act as a psjailbreak one? really want on and am not paying 150-170

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 07:01:53 AM »
is it true that you can put these files onto a pindrive and it will act as a psjailbreak one? really want on and am not paying 150-170

NO.

The reason being is that the jailbreak does not work off USB to begin with. The jailbreak uses an I2C protocol on boot to spoof the PS3 into service mode. Once that is complete, it loads the necessary code to get the Backup Manager to run. The jailbreak is still a USB device (and it uses the USB port to update itself via a PC USB), but what actually cracks the PS3 is a different serial protocol altogether. Look through PS3hacks or PSGroove documents for verification.

Even though this has been a major breakthrough, dont get your hopes up. Or I should say you better jump on this real fast. Sony will firmware patch this glitch very soon. Even though PS3jailbreak sales have been banned, the opensource PSGroove has already been leaked (to the point that you cannot find an Ateml AT90USB chips anywhere in the world, they have been sold out). Thats right. The DIY solution already exists.

But tis not that big of a deal. The only thing this does is allow you to install the game onto an external HDD. It does not accept game ISO files. Until someone creates some very custom PC utilities, you still need an original to load the game to your HDD. You cannot download files off the net and install them without using the PS3.

And as I said before, Sony will patch the firmware very soon. They will probably set the ban-hammer too once they figure out that people are llogging into games with the wrong gameID (the backup manager (stealth one) runs by spoofing the Call of Duty game ID). And every retail game after this month will probably feature a required update as well.

I guess what I am trying to say is that this long-awaited event is going to be short lived. Until someone comes out with a proper modchip that is.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 08:46:34 AM »
the opensource PSGroove has already been leaked (to the point that you cannot find an Ateml AT90USB chips anywhere in the world, they have been sold out). Thats right. The DIY solution already exists.

I thought I heard that this device was developed from opensource code and someone who did not make the code made this product against the developers of that codes wishes.  I may be dreaming but it would make sense if the DIY solution was already out there.

I dont think it will be too hard for sony to just update the COD game id in some way to filter out the hacks.

I think it is funny how these things get chips to sell out,  I mean when hazer got the world to sell out of 12F683, people didnt realize how many 8 pin chips that code could have very easily been ported to, not to mention 14 and 20 pin chips.  It must be possible to port the psgroove source to a different AVR chip, I bet the people buying up all that chip stock would be learing how to port it back in a hurry :)

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 10:43:53 AM »
Its funny, I dont have a PS3 but this whole thing has intrigued me.

The PSJailbreak was a retail item. Some early buyers started reversing it. Because of the I2C thing, it was very easy snoop the port and people started cloning it right away. Fist clone was the AT90USB from Atmel. This started the PSGroove opensource immediately. The AT90USB had some pre-made boards that sold out the first day. The next day, people bought out all versions of the AT90USB (thats a family of chips, not a single type). Obviously people are buying in bulk to make some profit off this.

Now the porting of the code is getting some real attention across the web. Apparently, people have ported the code to the PSP, the Iphone, and some people are working on the PIC18F2455 chips too. Its hilarious that people can insert a SD file into thier hacked PSP and use that as the USB dongle to crack thier PS3.

Sony cannot change the game ID on already purchased discs. But the Backup Manager utility currently uses a single gameID when it runs. I cannot believe it would be that hard for Sony to sniff out that the gameID does not match the game being played online.

Im interested in seeing the PIC version get fully released. Right now, it works for running homebrew (which thier is none of yet). It allows the loading of the BM utility, and allows installing onto HDD, but it will not allow you to play the installed game. Someone did not do thier job right converting the code over from AVR to PIC.

What I think is really funny is some people mention that the PIC is not as fast as the AVR chipset (a load of s**t) and make it sound like the AVR was better for this. The truth is that some moron wrote the code for the AVR in the first place. The reason why it doesnt run as well is that converting code from one chip type to another takes skill and knowing the hardware of both chips, but the real testament is that if the code was written for the 18F chips in the first place, it would have taken WEEKS for the supply to run out because the PIC is a better chip in much more demand than AVRs.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:46:14 AM by Hazer »
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 04:54:23 PM »
truly this is true. lol is has bin successfully ported to the nexus one and some other android phones. but the problem with this is that some android phones have werd usb chipsets that dont enable this. so there will be some incompatible devices. as for the psp the port is not complete and they have trouble doing it. well as of now they still haven't banned people.

its possible to stay one foot ahead of sony. and the reason why they haven't come out with a new way to service the ps3's so they cant completely remove this. thats why sonys approach to this is banning the resellers and sewing the company's creating them.

As of now they dont know a way to fillter out a "fake id" like a mw2 one. But a little birdy told me out there that they are not banning accounts. They are banning your mac address of your ps3! im a IT guys so some mac spoofing anfd done :) but people should not dismis this. this is important manly because this can let people create homebrew( i wanna play my ps2 games on a slim!!) lol hopefuly this works. and i would like to play nintendo emu ;)

for those just shouting out "fake" just do some reasarch.

if you are intrested there are ports for the :
teensy1.0
teensy2.0
tennsy++
the t84+ calculator (thats right even a fuggen calculator! xD)
Nokia N900
Google nexus one
Htc desire and other smart phones.
the "dingo" a portable game player
the 18f2550

here are some websites if you wanna keep track
http://www.ps3-hacks.com/
http://psgroove.com/
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 04:55:13 PM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline tigeredwards

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 09:30:07 PM »
 :clap: GOOD NEWS!!! My friend told me that he got an email from www.buyps3jailbreak.co.uk, offering a PS3 Break that can work on Sony firmware 3.42 and better price.  Wanna order right now.

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 07:08:10 AM »
^^ Fake

Also , I'm sourcing these chips directly from China at $10 shipped. If someone is upto it , i can get you the entire source code , etc... n u guys can sell it.

Oh n ... hey guys ! Wassup ? Been a few months since i was active here :P
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 08:43:24 PM »
:clap: GOOD NEWS!!! My friend told me that he got an email from www.buyps3jailbreak.co.uk, offering a PS3 Break that can work on Sony firmware 3.42 and better price.  Wanna order right now.
well your friend is wrong. i dont mean it in a bad way. But when sony patched the loophole, they cut off any possibilities of it going any further firmware. unless someone creates a custom firmware that keeps the payload that enables this debugging hack to work. also. so there is no real possibility that this hack will live beyond 3.41 unless you have the payload or the exploit that can get this to work. im calling shenanigans! lol but i would really like for you to prove me wrong tho. i would like to see this work on 3.42, or 3.50.

well i guess you can get these chips as low as 6 dlls. but do you have the schematic? or the code? if so whats your source? psgroove or a secondary development from the same exploit?

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 09:31:15 PM »
Check this site out guys, i came across it the other day. They sell this so called ps3break for $39.99. Im about to order one just to see if these things actually work. http://ps3break.com/

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 04:34:10 PM »
well unless you are still in 3.41 then dont even bother buying one. its not gonna work. sorry :(

Post Merge: September 24, 2010, 05:07:35 PM
psgroove has bin ported the ipod video (5h gen)
arduino: atmega 1280
the 328p
and the 168.

all the arduino ones need some zener diodes and some resistors but this is another port :) awesome!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:07:35 PM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline tigeredwards

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 12:04:50 AM »
I got the email from Gadget Asia today. They have begun to dispatch the original PS Jailbreak. Cheers!!!!!!!!

Dear Customer,

The psjailbreak has arrived! First, we would like to apologize for the delay. We would like to thank for your understanding that it was the distributor who keep delay us.

We are sending this email to make sure you will receive it as soon as possible, please read the following carefully.

1. For all customers who tell us you are willing to wait for this device, or not yet reply our previous email, you are the first batch of customer who will receive your order. Once you receive your tracking number, please wait 1-2 days until it works as the courier needs time to update. Please try NOT to send us email as our email has been overloaded.

2. For customers chosen refund but now change your mind, please DO reply this email and quote your order ID, we will also arrange shipment immediately.

3. For those customers who stays with a refund decision, please DO reply this email and quote your order ID for a refund. We will do that but please allow sometime. 

www.gadget-asia.com

Offline tigeredwards

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 09:00:42 PM »
I received the original PS Jailbreak ordered from www.gadget-asia.com. It works very well with my PS3, whose firmware stays as 3.41. I have backed up several favorite games to the HDD. We also received emails from them saying the producers had been working to upgrade the mod chip. It seems to be compatible with 3.42 and 3.5, but I'm worried to try it, so I keep the firmware as 3.41". Hope it will be upgraded soon.

Offline crashmasher

• Registered BST
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 11:51:58 PM »
For all those who don't want to pay the price of a usb controller their is an alternative

If you are taking simple high school Math, you probably have a TI-84 Calculator, well this is prettly much the same thing as a development board to jailbreak a ps3.

check here for more info/download  http://psgroove.com/?p=522

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal