Author Topic: PSP Phone  (Read 2997 times)

Offline young mone

• Another day another $
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • MONe
    • PSP World
PSP Phone
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »
 :clap: its here an its real the PSP Phone half psp half phone

This beast will feature a screen "in the range of 3.7 to 4.1 inches," 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8655 (a chip similar to the one found in the G2, but 200MHz faster), 512MB of RAM, 1GB of ROM

The PSP Phone will get Android 3.0 "Gingerbread" software, catapulting the device to the front lines of smartphone tech. The phone will apparently be operated via a couple of D-pads, and a rectangle-shaped multitouch pad.

It could be here as early as 2011 some say 2010 but that is less likely to happen
Pic!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:30:42 PM by young mone »

Modded my psp 2000 blew the fuse 1st time is always crazy

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
Re: PSP Phone
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 04:50:01 PM »
nice article

Offline froggy

• SAN ANTO'S CUSTOM CHEVY'S
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Green Mexican
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 06:41:00 PM »
That looks sweet  :hifive:
ITS TIME FOR IGNITION, AND STRAIGHT AUTOMOBILE PIMPIN!

Offline Roldy

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 10:21:40 PM »
sony + andoid  seems very interesting

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 07:00:02 AM »
nowgamer.com/news/4488/sony-psp-phone-is-fake

NowGamer also contacted Sony Ericsson for a comment. A spokesperson also responded, "Sony Ericsson does not comment on rumour or speculation".

Take that as you will, as it's the standard Sony response to nearly everything. Could be construed as confirmation of it being real or fake. Idk, interesting if real, very good mock up if fake though... I guess only time will tell since Sony will not comment, however as usual I'll believe it when I hear an official announcement...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 12:15:13 PM »
why isnt this in the psp news section?

anyway glad JR pointed that one out... kinda embarrassing for engadget wouldnt you say?

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 06:24:12 PM »
Looks like a real win against iPhone but i guess we'll see for sure when it come's out. And i also guess theres no point in hoping someone can eventually mod it? lol!

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline Masterwlf

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 06:38:25 PM »
This would be sick. Notice the word WOULD. I am not for sure if the phone is fake or not but it would be possible. Only gaming phone on the market. But there is a problem ... there is a touch pad. Yes. But where in the hell is a damn analog stick? And, it would be useless if it wasn't a touch screen looks like one but when you said track pad it's kinda iffy on that.

all in all 6 our of a ten (6/10)

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:36 AM »
If the device shown is real and this is coming to market, with that touch pad there's no need for an analog stick. The touch pad negates the need for an analog stick as it holds the same function. If you look at that touch pad it could technically act as dual analog, based on the oblong shape and the two points on opposite ends of the pad. Analog sticks are great but in this formfactor would be totally impractical, take up too much valuable internal space and look ridiculous. People need to let go of their preconceived notions of what needs to be on or makes a gaming device...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Masterwlf

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 09:16:58 AM »
If the device shown is real and this is coming to market, with that touch pad there's no need for an analog stick. The touch pad negates the need for an analog stick as it holds the same function. If you look at that touch pad it could technically act as dual analog, based on the oblong shape and the two points on opposite ends of the pad. Analog sticks are great but in this formfactor would be totally impractical, take up too much valuable internal space and look ridiculous. People need to let go of their preconceived notions of what needs to be on or makes a gaming device...

Yes, I agree with you but at the same time have you ever tried playing with a touch pad? Its a :censored:.... I would much rather have analog sticks for gaming the touch pad is not a gaming tool whatso ever. If you like it then good for you but I am not buying a damn game with a touch pad. Analog is so much better.,

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »
Yes, actually I have played games using a touch pad, and not the screen on my iPtouch or iPhone (though I've played plenty of those as well), I actually bought a touch pad to replace my mouse back in 97. I used that touch pad for about 6 years or so and liked it quite a bit. Yes they take some getting used to and sometimes don't always work as you wish they would, however with new gaming formfactors and devices some compromises must be made. From my NES emulator experiences with the iPod touch I would say that button pressing is the worst possible use of the touch panel, but were not talking about using them as buttons in this case so that point is null. Using the pad to track finger movement and replace analog sticks would be totally feasible and not necessarily a poor experience, though that's not to say it would be without error. But then again analog stick control is also not without error.

The bottom line is that if you want a true portable gaming experience then this wouldn't be the device for you. That's what the psp and ds are for. If you don't know how you would like the controls of this device then the only way to know for sure would be to get a hands on experience. Personally I don't think this device would sell well as I don't think most gamers truly want a gaming cell phone (remember the NGage?), I think most gamers want a portable gaming platform with cell phone capabilities (there is a difference). I think Sony has missed the ball with this one...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal