Author Topic: "War Machine" Xbox 360 Controller  (Read 15895 times)

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
Re: "War Machine" Xbox 360 Controller
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 11:37:56 AM »
ok. well im gonna sound stupid here but. Its not the actual entire thing used correct? its just the shell after the round has been fired right lol.

yep.

BTW you have to be 18 in the U.S. to buy the casings... o_O I think that's ridiculous because i can buy more dangerous things than a small metal tin can. :victory:

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 11:42:22 AM »
yep.

BTW you have to be 18 in the U.S. to buy the casings... o_O I think that's ridiculous because i can buy more dangerous things than a small metal tin can. :victory:

ok, thats alright because I turned 18 in October. Anyway would I be able to get a few 9mm casings at say a hunting and fishing store?

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 11:49:48 AM »
That's correct (at least in my case), my father-in-law goes to the firing range and just collects his empty casings for me after he's finished with target practice. If you order casings online they may come to you with active primers (the little round metal piece in the middle). You can still use them like that with no worries (takes quite a bit to set them off).

If you don't want to (or aren't able to) order online, you can always stop by your local firing range and talk to the people that run it, they'll usually let you sift through their trash for empties. Sometimes they'll charge you (if they save and reload the empties they collect) sometimes they won't, but that way you can find some interesting sizes to use on other buttons (and it'll give you some old school dumpster diving satisfaction ;) ).
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 11:51:00 AM »
That's correct (at least in my case), my father-in-law goes to the firing range and just collects his empty casings for me after he's finished with target practice. If you order casings online they may come to you with active primers (the little round metal piece in the middle). You can still use them like that with no worries (takes quite a bit to set them off).

If you don't want to (or aren't able to) order online, you can always stop by your local firing range and talk to the people that run it, they'll usually let you sift through their trash for empties. Sometimes they'll charge you (if they save and reload the empties they collect) sometimes they won't, but that way you can find some interesting sizes to use on other buttons (and it'll give you some old school dumpster diving satisfaction ;) ).

I dont have a local firing range

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 11:55:33 AM »
Check the phone book, almost every town in the states has one close by (you may not even know it's there), or ask at a local hunting supply store if they know where one is close by. I'm in Texas, so there is an overabundance of them here (it's almost like there's one on every corner)... Texans love their guns... Lol
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:56:40 AM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 06:06:17 PM »
lol yes, its just the spent casing of a 9mm round. And then it is cut to size and notched.

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2010, 07:43:53 PM »
lol yes, its just the spent casing of a 9mm round. And then it is cut to size and notched.

okie dokie.

Now I just "Need to find me some rounds" ~Tank Dempsy

lol its sumtin like that

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 11:07:15 PM »
Hey guys, for those ppl who dont have 18 maybe this could help:

http://cgi.ebay.es/Xbox-360-Controller-9mm-Bullet-Button-Mod-/110629830534?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item19c20d3f86

This guy sell a 9mm bullet button mod

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal