Author Topic: iPhone 4 Mod  (Read 5559 times)

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
iPhone 4 Mod
« on: February 24, 2011, 02:48:21 PM »
I'm sure that many of you have seen the pictures released of a clear iPhone 4. This custom housing can be made by just taking paint thinner and using it on the inside of the housing. If you haven't seen it, this is what it looks like:

Who needs a white iPhone 4? Get a clear one, at a fraction of the cost!!!

Well it turns out that there are other innovative modders out there other than on AM. Someone by the name of Westerman over at modmyi either got his hands on a clear housing, or made a clear housing. And then he painted it. It looks AMAZING. All that I can say is that I sense many more iPhone 4 mods in the future, it's too bad that this was discovered late with the iPhone 5 coming.

The great thing about this method is that you can paint the INSIDE of the iPhone. So all you have to do is get an even coat of paint across and you're good. I would try this on my iPhone 4, but unfortunately it got busted. And I mean BUSTED. Logic board and everything. So I'm back to my 3gs for now. Here's the link guys: http://modmyi.com/forums/hardware/751991-my-red-iphone-4-swap.html

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:48:59 PM by nEoVaLoR »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
Re: iPhone 4 Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 03:00:48 PM »
nice, surprised no one thought of this earlier, then again I'm sure there weren't many people willing to risk damaging their new phone...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
Re: iPhone 4 Mod
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 09:28:29 AM »
i know this is a old post but i doubt he painted it i think he went to [spoiler]http://www.sw-box.com/Iphone-4-Digitizer-Touch-Panel-Screen-With-Lcd-Display-Screen-Flex-Cable-Supporting-Frame-Red.html[/spoiler] and bought the part because it looks almost identical

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal