Author Topic: Sony goes after German PS3 hacker for €1 million  (Read 3581 times)

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Sony goes after German PS3 hacker for €1 million
« on: February 27, 2011, 06:00:30 AM »

the ps3 hacker known as Graf_chokolo (real name:Alexander Egorenkov) had his home raided under court order,is now being sued for what he did in retaliation to Sony’s seizure. He released all his tools for hacking the PS3 known collectively as the Hypervisor Bible,
Here’s what he had to say on the matter unedited, verbatim, and without corrections:

“The SONY’s laywer asked me why I’m doing what I’m doing, because of my hatred for SONY? He cannot understand why I’m doing it, because he is paid for what he does. I’m not. I don’t hold a grudge against SONY even now Hatred clouds your mind, keeps you from more important things. I have a better use for my mind and knowledge.

“So, SONY you failed again, you took my equipment but my mind is still free and you canot (sic) control it. You failed again. They are just tools, I can get new ones and will continue my HV reversing and bringing back PS3 Linux which you took from us. If you want me to stop then you should just kill me because I cannot live without programming, HV and Linux kernel hacking You know who am I and where I live, so come and get me!!!”

and so the inaugural Balls of Steel award has to go to this guy. It seems unlikely that Sony will be able to get money out of Egorenkov, but more likely that Sony is trying to scare other hackers into submission.

Sony's legal representatives thus say:

"The links above are being (mis-) used for offering copyright-infringing files by a hacker called Alexander Egorenkov, alias "Graf Chokolo". Our client has obtained an ex parte injunction by the competent Hamburg District Court (Docket no. 310 O 24/11) relating to content in these very files.

The amount in controversy has been set at 1,000,000 Euros. As per the court order, Mr. Egorenkov's apartment has been searched and the police have seized his equipment into custody. By uploading the file in question, Mr. Egorenkov willingly ignored a judge's order.

With receipt of this notice, you are fully aware of the fact that having Mr. Egorenkov continue his unlawful behavior will qualify as support of a criminal mind and - by court order - unlawful action.

Our client fully intends to vigorously pursue all available legal options to resolve this matter. We will report all file hosters, fora and platforms we have put on notice to the authorities and record continued support of Mr. Egorenkov if necessary."
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
Re: Sony goes after German PS3 hacker for €1 million
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 06:53:24 PM »
they are going to end up being brought down with there bascily challenging the hackers to do it

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 06:58:32 PM »
yeah i can see this ending badly and it wont be sony who comes out on top. the key difference is sony is powered and pushed by money, the hackers are push by pride, respect and curiosity which will beat money any day.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:00:26 PM »
What they are doing is just crazy  and i agree robin  they wont be on top
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:01:05 PM by laxboy »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 08:37:33 PM »
well of course sony will not win this, just look at the MPAA and RIAA vs. file sharing and you'll see that's been proven already. If you ask me this will end one of two ways for sony: 1. litigation and hacking goes on until the next console comes out, and then continues unabated on the next console because sony is too proud to hire a hacker to improve their security. 2. the same thing happens but sony loses enough money that they decide continuing console development is infeasible... now I know the second one is totally improbable, it's not impossible though, and if this fight continues, I see a very large loss of consumer (hackers and tech geeks at least) support for anything made by sony especially gaming consoles. all it'll take is one major investment in a completely failed console generation and you could see them walk away from what they consider a poor investment...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline DJGodman

• BANNED
  • Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • DJGodman PSPMods , Hacks , Pandora , And More...
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 11:50:51 AM »
OMG , NOT AND HIM , I WILL KILL MY SELF , HE IS DARK ALEX MAN

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 12:06:21 PM »
its not dark alex. dark alex is spanish

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »
what the hell are they trying to prove by having him arrested? It makes no sense!

I hope Sony get a crash and burn from this.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal