Author Topic: A 23-inch Tablet Coming From Lenovo This Year?  (Read 2242 times)

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
A 23-inch Tablet Coming From Lenovo This Year?
« on: April 13, 2011, 05:07:24 AM »

Nothing new since apple brought out the ipad last year that company's will do the same on the size of the tablets.One company has gone a bit bigger on the tablet size to 23" the company doing this is Lenovo.

this year Lenovo will be releasing there newest table which has a 23" screen and alot of power just not good battery life ( but is being sorted out ) due to the size and whats inside it will need alot of battery life but that's one thing that's on the idea fix list.

A 23-inch tablet would be a tough sell on its own, but there might be a market for an all-in-one computer where you can move the screen to the kitchen or living room for an hour. Actually, it’s rather surprising that HP who constantly reinvents its all-in-one touchsmart computers haven’t already done this.

Cai via TechRadar.

It’s obviously not for full mobility use, but it could be moved from room to room in the house and used with a full keyboard, or as a television.Or you could lay it on a table top and use it for family games.

We’re hoping that we can launch it later this year.

this certainly feels like the next step in the computing evolution timeline. Plus, with that much screen real estate, my issues with controlling Windows 7 with a touchscreen is moot.
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
Re: A 23-inch Tablet Coming From Lenovo This Year?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 08:42:54 AM »
Does anyone think the tablet uprise will fall just like the netbook hype?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:44:20 AM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 10:01:54 AM »
I think that things like this are going to kill tablets... I think it's kind of a cool idea, but way more of a niche market than anything. the thing that is really going to ensure their hold on the market and drive tablets is portability. I mean how much is this thing going to weigh? only an hour or two of battery life? that doesn't really equate to any kind of portability. if they're saying that all its really going to be good for is moving it from room to room for a bit, at that point you may as well just ditch the batteries and put a cord on it... I think that some of the american mantras don't always translate to every situation, bigger is not always better, some things should be left smaller...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 10:48:58 AM »
yeah this seems to me to be a waste of R&D money for them as the only real use for something that big would be a wired in POS system. tablets are all about portability and battery. i think any tablet smaller than 7" and bigger than 15" would be rediculous and wouldnt sell same as if they had a battery power of less than 4 hours.  when i have spoke to people who both own and dont own a tablet the thing they use there tablets for is when there out and about traveling or sat watching tv in there living room and they want something bigger than there phone but dont want to have to plug in a laptop and sit with it on there knee etc.

i use my tablet for taking notes in uni, curled up in bed, watching films on the train, reading magazines on the loo and looking round imdb and the net when in lounging in the living room watchin tv and i like not having to plug it in every few hours to charge - i only have to plug it in every couple of days which is great.

but yeah lenovo market research definately fudged it here if they are wanting mass market apeal

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:28:03 PM »
but yeah lenovo market research definately fudged it here if they are wanting mass market apeal

lol so true!

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:24:07 PM »
yeah why dont i just go out and buy a car battery and a power inverter and hook it up to a projector. :)

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal