Author Topic: Xbox KBandM  (Read 1713 times)

Offline thebluemeanie1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Xbox KBandM
« on: April 13, 2011, 09:09:18 PM »
I posted a picture of mine completed in the show off thread and since a few guys seemed interested here we are with a few more pictures, the firmware, the computer software, the schematic, the PCB layout and a few instructions all included in the zip. :cool:

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
Re: Xbox KBandM
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 10:54:32 PM »
wow holy crap this is amazing stuff!

That chip is huge, if i find a smaller version I could design a smaller pcb layout or make everything surface mount.

This is one crazy setup and i can't believe you're just giving this out... this is going to hog some time up to just play around with this haha can't wait until i have some free time.

I haven't done any c# before and i've been told it is similar to C++.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline Dcofer

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 12:05:22 AM »
so I have been looking at the schematic, and it looks liek this is creating a homemade controller. am I right in my assumption?  seems pretty sick, without seeing the coding but im guessing thats your secret as it prolly should be haha.  really interesting though since it involves the stuff im studying haha.

Xbox 360 gamertag: EMERGENCY DODO
PS3 gamertag: Emergency_Dodo

Offline thebluemeanie1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 12:47:00 AM »
wow holy crap this is amazing stuff!

That chip is huge, if i find a smaller version I could design a smaller pcb layout or make everything surface mount.

This is one crazy setup and i can't believe you're just giving this out... this is going to hog some time up to just play around with this haha can't wait until i have some free time.

I haven't done any c# before and i've been told it is similar to C++.

You could go with the TQFP or QFN package and save a bit of space.  I did all through-hole all since I think it is a little easier to assemble.

C# is more similar to Java than it is to C++ or at least that is what I believe. lol

so I have been looking at the schematic, and it looks liek this is creating a homemade controller. am I right in my assumption?  seems pretty sick, without seeing the coding but im guessing thats your secret as it prolly should be haha.  really interesting though since it involves the stuff im studying haha.

A controller to control a controller hehe. 

The code is all in the attachment of the first post.  No secrets here. :cool:

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 04:58:24 AM »
this is awesome, just out of curiosity have you done any other modding stuff?

also whats the lag time like?

Offline thebluemeanie1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 10:08:24 AM »
Before this all I had really done was experiment a little with some rapid fire mods.  Never anything permanent though.

I don't find the lag to be all that bad.  It is actually quite responsive but the mouse still doesn't feel quite like a PC game.  Now I realize feeling like a PC game is near impossible because of the way the games are programmed.

The all the keyboard controls feel great except for the few odd moments of confusion when going through the menus(suddenly you are pressing the space bar for accept and a random key like R for back lol).

The right analog(mouse) I would describe as moving the analog stick with your entire hand but it isn't too bad.  Seems to work better with higher sensitivity levels than the analogs.

The biggest issue to me is rapidly left clicking can get a little bit unresponsive.  After typing that I started checking some of the timers and realized the timer that writes the mouse click (keyserialwrite) was set to 100ms.  Changed it to 1ms and now it shoots as fast as I can click. :tup:

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 10:51:44 AM »
still awesome though man, but anyway welcome to AM, and I hope you will be sticking around :)

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 02:45:12 PM »
This is just like the XIM360

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal