Author Topic: Modern Warfare 3 to be banned in the UK....?  (Read 2638 times)

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
Modern Warfare 3 to be banned in the UK....?
« on: May 25, 2011, 05:11:49 PM »
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's Reveal Trailer, which shows scenes of terrorism on the London Underground, is reported to have led to calls for the game to be banned, reports the Daily Mail. The Daily Mail is comparing the London Underground scenes to the 7/7 terrorist attacks in London, with those affected unhappy about the likeness found in Activision's guaranteed smash hit. Vivienne Pattison of Mediawatch UK has "concerns" because "these games are hyper-real," adding MW3 "is in incredibly poor taste". This isn't the first time Call of Duty has skirted with controversy. Modern Warfare 2 was heavily criticised by some for its No Russian level, which allowed players to shoot civilians at an airport while taking on the role of a terrorist. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will be released worldwide on November 8.

***SOURCE***

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/192566/Outrage-over-7-7-terror-attack-game/

http://videogames.virginmedia.com/news/people_want_modern_warfare_3_banned_claims_daily_mail.html

Offline Nam3o

• Registered BST
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +9/-0
  • The Master Of None
Re: Modern Warfare 3 to be banned in the UK....?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 06:21:18 PM »
That is  :censored: Isn't the reason for ratings to keep kids from getting these games. if you don't like it don't buy it but don't ban stuff because it may offend someone. 

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:08:02 PM »
That is  :censored: Isn't the reason for ratings to keep kids from getting these games. if you don't like it don't buy it but don't ban stuff because it may offend someone.
please name me one company that *always* listens to these things u call ratings i am under 18 and i brought blackops on release night (first in line) and there was no id check most the time theirs no id check or parents just don't care about it they get the game to shut there kids up cause its the newest hottest thing  most the time walmart employes when ever u go to them with the game they don't check id they just hit the okay really quick at least here they do that

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 03:11:55 AM »
please name me one company that *always* listens to these things u call ratings i am under 18 and i brought blackops on release night (first in line) and there was no id check most the time theirs no id check or parents just don't care about it they get the game to shut there kids up cause its the newest hottest thing  most the time walmart employes when ever u go to them with the game they don't check id they just hit the okay really quick at least here they do that

Everywhere in the UK does...

I'm 17 and I get ID'd when I try and buy or trade in 16 rated games.

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 05:48:50 AM »
game,gamestation are the only ones i know that ask for my age.

if they ban in the uk ill just get it imported good thing for the games being multi region lol
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 11:12:22 PM »
gamestop.  its grounds for fire on the first offense. 

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »
Idiot live in this country. I bet their northern.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal