Author Topic: PSP Serial port/remote port Question  (Read 2769 times)

Offline shawnbusker

• Guppy
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
PSP Serial port/remote port Question
« on: June 02, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »
I'm currently building a robot with the Arduino platform and it came across my mind to use a PSP Phat for wireless communication instead of paying an extra $80 for a wireless adapter.  I have looked around on ps2dev.org and websites such as http://mc.pp.se/psp/phones.xhtml and http://nil.rpc1.org/psp/remote.html however I am not completely sure how to go about connecting it to the arduino and communicating back and forth.    I've seen nano desktop for psp, it says that it has support for serial port, but I'm not sure how that works either.  I can code arduino code semi-well so I can figure out that side of the communication.  I need the communication to go both ways also, PSP talking to Arduino and the Arduino talking to PSP.  If there's an easier way, I'm willing to open the psp and solder on wires if needed. I'm not asking someone to write the code, I just need some help setting it up. :)

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
Re: PSP Serial port/remote port Question
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 12:54:43 AM »
If I were u I would get a xbee tranciver module and connect one to the serial port on your psp and the other to the arduino. There is plenty of documentation on how to wire a xbee with arduino and ttl signals. Second u can get a Bluetooth ttl module for like 6 bucks and if u have a android phone u can code up a costom app to work with the serial. The other way you can do it is by somehow implementing a irda in ur arduino to have communication both ways ,if u have a old psp. But what I see might be the biggest problem is the psp app coding. I'm not quite familiar, but I don't think it's easy as the arduino IDE.

Da old psp had a irda port. The serial is connected to the psp remote. They run at a ttl level.

Or the last option is to get a Bluetooth Pair of master/slave board. Which is issentialy one board connecting to another but they can tx and rx. They run about 18 bucks but they are reusable.

Good lick on ur project men. Tell me on what you decide. XD

Offline shawnbusker

• Guppy
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 04:08:14 PM »
Perhaps I didn't quite explain what I'm aiming for.  I have an arduino and I want to connect it to my psp that already has wireless built-in. So I wouldn''t need to spend money on bluetooth or anything.  I need help figuring out how to connect it to the psp and how to write the psp code.  I really don't have a clue where to start, thats why I came here to ask for advice on starting this daunting task.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 02:48:12 PM »
I think you are a whole lot better off getting something designed for the purpose like an xbee module or something like that...

The reason you are not getting any replies is that we don't really have any arduino enthusiasts or PSP homebrew coders here at AM.

Offline shawnbusker

• Guppy
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 02:52:34 PM »
Ah ok, thanks, I'll be back when it's completed if I use the psp in the project.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal