Author Topic: Hitachi 59 dvd problem ,  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Hitachi 59 dvd problem ,
« on: June 09, 2011, 06:59:36 AM »
Heres the problem, my friend gave me a xbox he got for $10 bucks asked me if i could fix it, told him shouldnt be a problem as long as the dvd hasnt been changed out. So I get it fired up and its over heating, so I cleaned the paste off put new paste on get RROD. No big deal reflowed it and we in business. try to open the dvd drive and all it does is flash, does nothing else so I manually opened it and it stop flashing so I shut it manually and starts flashing again. So my first thought is someone tried to flash it and screwed it up. so I check it and flashed it with the new firmware. And flashed suscesfully after 2 or 3 times trying to get it in mode b for some reason there a pain to get in there sometimes.

Got it flashed everything works on the conectivity kit, will open and close using jungle flasher and even spins up and reads the disk, and lasers working great.

Go to put it in the xbox it wont eject , wont open or close, it says its reading but doesnt, and it doesnt even flash the led to show its open or closing when you push the eject button, I have searched and searched havent found a video for it, and I put another drive in there and it works it will open and close and shut and read,  I am stumped on this one, thought maybe it was bricked before, and it just dont do nothing.

EDIT: even put in another xbox and still does the same thing even changed out the power cord and the sata cable. just dont understand why it will not work in the xbox 360 but works when i hook it to my computer .

any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:10:14 AM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline xxijbixx

• I ♥ Modding
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • i love modding
Re: Hitachi 59 dvd problem ,
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 04:14:55 PM »
does the dvd drive have the correct dvd key

I  ♥  M o d d i n g  :tup: 

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: Hitachi 59 dvd problem ,
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 05:56:14 PM »
does the dvd drive have the correct dvd key

Idk, and that wouldnt matter due to the fact that i can put another dvd in the xbox  and it will open or close. or put the dvd in another xbox and it does the same thing.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal