Author Topic: need some engineering help  (Read 1283 times)

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
need some engineering help
« on: October 27, 2011, 07:33:56 PM »
I know its been one hell of a long time since i've made a post, i've, for the most part, drifted away from the modding scene but a recent idea has brought me back. What im looking for is a bit of a modder consult. i need some brainstorming on a really good idea that i had thought of whilst at the apple store with a buddy of mine. the idea is a bluetooth controller for my ipod touch that sits on the wrist and can control the ipod touch while also displaying some of the meta data stored on the files themselves. what i would need is a botton control, a small display for showing the information, a controller, and a bluetooth transceiver. the protocol would have to be AVRCP, as that is the bluetooth remote control protocol. at highest it would have to be version 1.3 of this specific protocol. im reaching out in a search for some ideas on how to go about this. im considering using an ATtiny chip as the brain, the transceiver for the data transfer, the lcd display for showing the play state of the media player as well as some of the data. i would also like it to display time as it would be replacing my watch. my problems are i know quit literally nothing about bluetooth protocols aside from what ive learned from wikipedia, i know nothing about coding with an ATtiny, and my knowledge of electronic engineering has dwindled to the bare minimum. if we can get something like this up and running it would be another product to add to the acidmods store, it would also show that we are a community of more than just would-be-hackers. any responses are welcome as long as they're relevant.

sincerely, Kink192 (Adam)
It's been a long time

Offline zbblanton

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +5/-0
    • My modding site
Re: need some engineering help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 12:05:03 AM »
Found this:
http://courses.cit.cornell.edu/ee476/FinalProjects/s2007/awr8_asl45/awr8_asl45/index.html

I believe the BTstack on the ipod touch has a Serial Protocol:
http://code.google.com/p/btstack/wiki/iPhoneInstallationViaCydia

If that is true then you can buy a cheap Serial Bluetooth Module and setup a serial port connection using the very small Arduino Pro Mini. This will allow you to communicate between the two devices and still using very small parts.

Hope this helps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal