Author Topic: (FINISHED) Custom Xbox 360 Military Themed  (Read 3543 times)

Offline paintlax21

• Registered BST
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
(FINISHED) Custom Xbox 360 Military Themed
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:18:04 PM »
I am copy/pasting this from one of my threads on another forum but I like this site better so I am abandoning that one. I haven't worked on it in a long ass time but since RODENT did the RGH to it I am gonna start up on it again.

I am currently working on a military themed custom xbox 360 (phatttttt) and I am going to be keeping track of my progress on this thread.

My Plan:
[SPOILER]
My plan is to make a military themed xbox 360. I am placing the DVD drive inside of a military ammo box that will be placed outside of the case. The xbox itself will look like it is completely embedded in rocks (thanks to ozzylow for the idea). I am going to have a total of 4 different military styled switches. 1 momentary for the power, another for the eject, another for the sync, and I will also have a normal toggle to switch between 5V and 12V of power to my fans. A thermometer is also going to be added to the case. All of the switches, thermometer, and internal headset jack will be made into a control panel placed on the xbox.
[/SPOILER]

Parts:
[SPOILER]

January 26th:
[SPOILER]
I have received my parts from frozencpu.com

All of the parts:

Thermometer found here (click):

3500RPM 80mm fan found here (click):

4 military toggle switches, 3 are momentary and 1 is a toggle, found here (click):

[/SPOILER]

February 9th:
[SPOILER]
Today I received my LEDs and LED holders to use for the player and power indicators. I got 1 white 5mm LED to use as the power indicater and 4 5mm LEDs that can switch between white or red for the player indicators. The player indicators will be red and turn white for error codes.

The LEDs and holders:

[/SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]

Construction:
[SPOILER]

January 26th:
[SPOILER]
I have cut out a hole for my 80mm fan. I have also soldered a 4 pin molex connector to the motherboard. I was able to connect a 3.5mm female stereo audio jack to a AV cable which will be placed in the control panel. I have also replaced the LED in the ROL. The power LED and the error LEDs are red and the player indicator LEDs are white.

Fan Hole:

Motherboard with 4 pin molex:

[/SPOILER]

January 28th:
[SPOILER]
Last night I was able to get two things completed. I took a double sided av cable and converted one end into a 3.5mm stereo output jack. The other end will be cut off and soldered to the audio points on the motherboard. This will work as a headset input built into the xbox but will also be where I might plug in potential custom speakers. I also extended the DVD power cable to about twice it's original length by using IDE cable. I did this because the DVD drive will be outside of the xbox.

3.5mm stereo output jack:

Extended DVD power cable:

[/SPOILER]

January 29th:
[SPOILER]
I just finished attaching some 30awg wire from an IDE cable to the RF module. I was going to leave the ROL how it was but I decided to have the player LED as 5mm LEDs attached to the case. I am going to be picking up the LEDs sometime this upcoming week.

Newly Wired RF Module:

[/SPOILER]

January 30th:
[SPOILER]
Last night I was finally able to get rid of those stupid memory card slots. I did it without having to de-solder the connections. I removed the metal casing around the ports and from there was able to pull the port off without damaging anything.The xbox works perfectly fine without them, absolutely no errors.

BYE BYE MEMORY CARD SLOTS!:

[/SPOILER]

February 13th:
[SPOILER]
Tonight I was able to get my 5v to 12v toggle fan switch. I am going to the hardware store this week to pick up liquid electrical tape because I hate normal electrical tape and don't feel like using heatshrink. The 5v power source comes from the normal fan and the 12v source comes from the molex I installed and I used the 3pin to molex adapter that came with the fan.

The fans, wiring, and switch:

Close up on the switch:

Close up on the original xbox fan wiring:

[/SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:20:22 PM by paintlax21 »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: (WIP) Custom Xbox 360 Military Themed
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 05:58:36 PM »
Looking pretty good there and really liking the idea you got for this. Keep up the good work and get it finished, I will be expecting a finished product :)  Good job!!

I suggest you make smaller pics though so members can see your mod a little better .

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline paintlax21

• Registered BST
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »
Here is a little update video:

Custom Xbox 360 Progress
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:11:21 PM by paintlax21 »

Offline paintlax21

• Registered BST
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 04:39:06 PM »
So I just finished painting the HDD and this is what the whole xbox will look like in the end. Honest feedback is much appreciated so please tell me what you think

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Sorry for large images
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:39:31 PM by paintlax21 »

Offline thevipper

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 07:35:18 PM »
looks good so far i like the headphone jack idea although they do have vga to headphone adaptors but a hardware mod for it is even cooler. i'll be getting a rodent rgh soon also all i can say when it comes to soldering wires especially to a pcb i'm still a noob but i am a decent drawer not the best but it's decent i'm just trying to master the art of using spray paint

Offline paintlax21

• Registered BST
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: (FINISHED) Custom Xbox 360 Military Themed
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 07:22:08 PM »
Sorry for the lack of updates been busy as hell with this thing. Here are pics of the final design:

*I know pictures are huge....just right click > copy image link and open in a new tab to get a better look*
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Hopefully I can get a video soon.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: (FINISHED) Custom Xbox 360 Military Themed
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 08:14:50 PM »
Awesome job on this, glad i could be apart of helping you get this done ( by doing he rgh for you)  you really got yourself a nice xbox 360 there, excellent detail and nice to bring some new ideas to Acidmods ... good luck tomorrow on your presentation..

once again you should be proud of the work you accomplished here :)

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal