Author Topic: PS3 Remap version 2 (less wires and open source files)  (Read 5364 times)

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
PS3 Remap version 2 (less wires and open source files)
« on: September 23, 2012, 08:08:23 PM »
Hello all.

A small update to the original PS3 remap. This uses a couple of less wires and less trace cutting.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8jbsvc0vq0wbbms

This actually came from a project I am still working on. I have made a PCB design that fits nice and snug into a PS3 and relieves alot work on the wiring. This is a prototype rapidfire design, and I ported over the remap function for this design:

The design is made to be easily fit into the controller with built-in USB plug. All of the SMD parts are still big enough to hand solder without special equipment. In the near future I plan to release the Eagle files and source code for the rapidfire in another thread. For now, you can see how the remap got ported over.

Oh, and the source code for the remap utility is still the same. You can view the files from the other thread to see the PC code.

Jan 20th, 2013 Update: I made a change to the PC Utility. Found that some older controllers wired the new way have broad sensitivity ranges. So I updated the utility to have a wide range of sensitivity you can pick from, kind of matching the program to the controller. Anway, here is new link:  http://www.mediafire.com/?pu5o7ha4o8b1fwp . Enjoy.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:20:12 PM by Hazer »
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: PS3 Remap version 2 (less wires and open source files)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 04:56:06 AM »
Very cool!!!

Offline SethMods

• Registered BST
  • King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:48:33 AM »
Props, Hazer!

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 06:20:34 PM »
Bump for update on main post.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 08:09:26 PM »
Awesome  :tup:

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline ari

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 03:29:03 AM »
thanks hazer for sharing even thought i still trying to figure out my vx5 controller to rapid modded lol.

and I think this forum should implement a thanks button.

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal