Author Topic: clear xb1 controller case mod & LEDs.  (Read 2666 times)

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

clear xb1 controller case mod & LEDs.
« on: July 05, 2014, 08:44:25 PM »
I picked myself up a clear xb1 controller case kit and plan on doing a led mod to it. I got a xbox360 thumbstick led kit I plan on converting to work on the xb1. I'm going to do a blue 0805 smd led swap and add a topbuzz led fader as well.I picked up some xb1 bullet buttons as well. I'll update the thread with some pica when the install is completed. I'll probably thrown in my own xb1 mod chip kit! This is going to be a fun project!

Here's a little update of what I have started. I had to hack up the 360 led kit to fit and I have more led rings to add on to it. I'm going to also have it be all mixed matched colors as well. I'll update more when I have time to work on this project!

https://plus.google.com/101747145322906055147

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 08:55:26 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline XKickinX

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: clear xb1 controller case mod & LEDs.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 09:57:01 AM »
How exactly did you have to modify the led kit to fit the x1 controller instead of the 360? I am looking into doing this as well but the kit is around $25. If it has to be heavily modified I think I'd rather just do a 1 color mod... Maybe not... Idk...

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 04:51:31 PM »
I had to cut a chunk of the flex board through traces as well. It was a real tight squeeze to get it to fit as well. The shell doesn't fully lock in. There about a 1/8in gap where the shell comes together.

I used your standard cheep xb360 7 mode led kit. When I get home I can take some pics where I cut the flexboard and where I had to re route the traces I cut to work properly. It was a pain in the neck I'll say that much. Let me know if u want to see the pics. It might take me some time to get around to it. My schedule has been busy with little time to do anything.

Offline XKickinX

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 08:32:01 AM »
Thanks! If you get a chance to snap some pics I'd like to see it, but it's no rush at all. I'm just trying to get an idea of how I want to do mine. I'm still trying to decide if I want to do the 7 color or just 1 color... Plus I'm waiting on parts and supplies and still ordering things as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal