Author Topic: JDM-001 constantly pressed R2  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Daywalk3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDM-001 constantly pressed R2
« on: January 18, 2020, 12:57:30 PM »
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I have several gamepads with interesting defects. I will tell in order.First gamepad version JDM-001.

Fully working. Defect - the power controller BD92001 heats up and the battery discharges quite quickly.

I bought several new power controllers and decided to replace it. since I didn’t have a microscope, the power controller was not replaced at the first time and the protective mask was damaged and a little extra solder appeared((((, as You can see on the photo.

However, I compared all the wires with a working gamepad - nothing is broken, everything comes where it needs. after replacement, the controller stopped warming up, the computer detects it, but a new defect appeared - R2 button was constantly pressed, but nothing is connected to the board.

I will be grateful for any idea.
and as you can see, English is not my native language)
If it will be interesting to someone, I’ll tell you about my other problematic gamepads.
If you need new photos - I will make them with joy
Thx a lot!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 01:00:46 PM by Daywalk3r »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: JDM-001 constantly pressed R2
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 01:38:24 PM »
Your English is fine, and the information plus pictures makes for a great first post.

The L2 and R2 work quite a bit differently than the rest of the buttons. The FPC 'Daughter board' that has the button contacts on it has some Pull-Up Resistors built into it as well as the Resistors that make up the L2/R2 buttons.

With the controller all apart like that, those L2/R2 button lines are floating, and could report being in either state or flicker between them. The first thing I would do is reassemble the controller and see how it acts, because testing it like that it's not really all there circuit wise.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Daywalk3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 02:32:38 PM »
RDC You are right, as always) I have read a lot of your posts on the forum))) I hope that I understood you correctly, I assembled the joy and connected it to the computer - the result is on the foto.

Then I removed R2 button - the result is on the photo.

What can I say - R2 reacts at the slightest touch, even if the button is just installed -button pressed a little.
And lastly, when connected joy to the console, the battery indicator blinks as if discharged, although it should not be like that, but it’s not accurate.

1.30 AM already and i need to rest)
many thanks for participating)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 10:17:44 PM by Daywalk3r »

Offline Daywalk3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 02:37:40 PM »
Photos do not increase, sorry, i don't know what’s the matter. I’ll upload them to another resource later.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 11:25:12 PM by Daywalk3r »

Offline Daywalk3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 10:17:09 PM »
Now i'll change the FPC 'Daughter board'. let's see what will happen.

Offline Daywalk3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 02:56:48 AM »
After replacing FPC, everything works fine. Thanks a lot for the tip.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 02:58:34 AM »
Welcome.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal