Author Topic: Jdm 011 It works fine but the led light doesn't turn on.  (Read 709 times)

Offline Portu40

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Jdm 011 It works fine but the led light doesn't turn on.
« on: August 09, 2022, 07:31:41 PM »
hello. I come to you for help. i have a jdm 011 motherboard it works fine. turn on load. but the led light does not turn on. compare with another board following the line of the resistors and the 3 components that control it and the values ​​of the components seem to be correct. the 3 resistors on the side of the chip 2 of them show continuity. on the board that works fine this appears to be correct. please help. could it be mcu problem?

Offline Eren_Ackerman

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Jdm 011 It works fine but the led light doesn't turn on.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 09:55:08 AM »
If there's no light whatsoever, no red no green or blue, I would suspect the common ground. If trying a different flex and a different USB board doesn't show any difference, that would be pretty much as far as I personally could go. Maybe a quick reflow of the main chip might also help.

Although there's also the possibility that you're on a PC. If I remember correctly, the JDM-011 doesn't show any light after the pairing mode. Maybe by using DS4Windows you could test each color separately; that's what I did when this happened to me, but with a JDM-040.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 04:01:41 PM »
The DS4 LED is a common anode RGB setup, so there's no common ground there, more of a common rail. Each of the RGB LEDs ground is turned on/off via a FET. Should be around 4v or so IIRC on that common anode and that should be there any time the controller is on or charging. If that 4v is not there, then look for a missing/damaged component first, or there might be some issue with the PMIC chip, bottom of the board, top/left IC there.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Andrunin

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 07:18:11 AM »
Same problem here. 4V is not reaching the connector. Where is the component that should output 4V on the main PCB?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 04:46:23 PM »
Haven't traced the JDM-011 out, but it's going to come from the PMIC chip on there. Bottom of the board, the one in the top/left corner does most of the Power Management.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal