Author Topic: [?] Pocket PC + NES Controller  (Read 3347 times)

Offline Drajwer

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
[?] Pocket PC + NES Controller
« on: March 21, 2008, 01:59:21 PM »
Hi, I didnt know where to put this topic. So here is the problem - I came up with idea to solder NES controller into my old PPC and have fun with playing old games on emulator. And so I did. I opened the case and... And what?

It is Mio Digiwalker "Mio 168" (?)
Where I should solder my NES Pad into ? Damn... I thought it would be easier than PSP.

PS. I plan to give it louder speaker and bad-ass black case. What do you think ?

Help :)

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: [?] Pocket PC + NES Controller
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 11:38:42 PM »
which of those buttons corresponds to what function

also could you give a strait up shot of just the joystick without the nub?

Offline hdx

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 05:07:56 PM »
Sorry for that but I will reply in Polish language because Drajwer is Polish.

Rozumiem, ze chcesz zbindować przyciski do pada. Zatem zrób tak. Jak masz multimetr to ustaw funkcję sprawdzania ciągłości dwóch punktów. Przyłóż czujniki do dwóch punktów przy przycisku od PDA (tam zdaje się będą 4), dioda na multimetrze nie będzie świecić (jak będzie to musisz znaleźć dwa punkty na których razem nie będzie świecić). Trzymając przyłożone czujniki naciśnij przycisk, wtedy dioda na multimetrze się zapali. Te dwa punkty podlutuj do ścieżek w padzie.
Powinieneś zrozumieć o co mi chodzi. Jak nie to na forum PSP-Team znajdź mój nr GG i Ci to lepiej wytłumaczę ;) Chociaż wierzę, że jesteś kompetentną osobą.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 06:42:36 PM »
english translation (according to poltran.com):
I understand, you want clicks fall from (with) for zbindować. Therefore, it make so. As you have it multimeter (multisubway) acts function of verification of continuity two (two) point. There sensors will be for two points at click from 4 apply ( seem (pass) ) PDA, diode will not shine on multimeter (multisubway) ( as it will find two points shine on which (who) case (together; time) must not be ). It press click holding applied sensor, then, diode will catch fire (will flare) on multimeter (multisubway). These two points for paths in (to) podlutuj padzie. You should apprehend walk about that me. As it find it on forum my number not PSP-Team GG and I will explain it it better though I believe, that you are conversant person.

i have no idea what any of it means, but i just was bored and felt like translating it (online)

Offline Drajwer

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 05:21:04 AM »
Ok nevermind about buttons. I figured it out and simply soldered button connectors (as in picture) to wires and when Im linking them together, button is pressed. IDK where I left my nes pad. :(

Now, the problem is I have problem with Joystick. Can't take out the nub so I draw it in PaintCad (lol)

I tried combinations of some of pins So I know that:

PIN 4 + 6 = Left
6 + 9 = Nub pushed
?? ?? = ??

Im trying to solder wires to all pins and I try to check all combinations. Maybe it could be done easier but... It works ;)
Video soon.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 04:41:02 PM »
I guess pin 6 is ground
pin 4 is left
pin 3 is up
pin 2 is right
pin 1 is down

Just guessing :3

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal