Author Topic: LED Placement Question  (Read 1487 times)

Offline batl_M

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
LED Placement Question
« on: April 07, 2008, 10:21:01 AM »
I have seen quite a few people putting the LED just inside the holes in the bottem of the psp (the speaker holes).
i was thinking of doing this myself,
but i was wondering if this results in the sound being muffled???

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
Re: LED Placement Question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 10:24:05 AM »
well sure because its blocking but i think it shouldn't effect that much

PINOY AKO

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 01:21:04 PM »
This is a topic that has long been disputed...  The way I see it, having studied the design quite extensively, is that blocking the face plate "Speaker ports" will have very little affect on the overall sound, the fact of the matter is the sound isn't ported through the face plate it is ported directly through the bottom trim.  The face plate "ports" can be likened to a ported sub box, now in a sub box, the port does affect the overall dB, but with such a small design such as the PSP, the dB gained from the ports is almost null...  But then again, that's just my personal views on the matter.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 01:29:25 PM »
This is a topic that has long been disputed...  The way I see it, having studied the design quite extensively, is that blocking the face plate "Speaker ports" will have very little affect on the overall sound, the fact of the matter is the sound isn't ported through the face plate it is ported directly through the bottom trim.  The face plate "ports" can be likened to a ported sub box, now in a sub box, the port does affect the overall dB, but with such a small design such as the PSP, the dB gained from the ports is almost null...  But then again, that's just my personal views on the matter.

Dear, T3N, these people were discussing the holes on the trim, not the faceplate. Btw I noticed that the sound was louder when I removed the plastic over the Holes in the Faceplate.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 01:33:06 PM »
Dear, T3N, these people were discussing the holes on the trim, not the faceplate. Btw I noticed that the sound was louder when I removed the plastic over the Holes in the Faceplate.

Ah, right you are...  I stand corrected, Hehe.

Offline squee

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 02:44:46 PM »
i don't see how it could be louder. there in opposite directions. but the holes in the faceplate actually aren't holes at all. there completely sealed. I poked em out and i'm gonna put some led's behind them. maybe in the bottom to.

one question though. how many led's can you safely run off of the power board? i have them soldered to the positive contact in the center at the bottom of it and the negative to the hold switch with the trace scratched. i already have them in the triggers, but want to put 6 or 8 more if i can.

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 09:35:30 PM »
well from what i know about these speakers. they're actually louder when covered. because if you leave them open the sound spreads way to much for what it gives. i have 2 speakers directly behind the umd door (facing against) and its louder. also the bass seemed to come out more. i did the leds in the speaker holes. i think i was the first. it doesn't effect the sound at all if thats what you're worried about.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal