Author Topic: PSP controller mod question  (Read 5029 times)

Offline ryan012254

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i can't spell
PSP controller mod question
« on: May 25, 2008, 09:56:10 AM »

I just finished my PSP controller mod  :clap: but i am having a slight problem when i hit any diagonal and the dpad on the controller the R trigger hits 2 any info u can give me to fix this? :help:

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
Re: PSP controller mod question
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 09:57:55 AM »
maybe u soldered on the psp dpad wrong

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 10:09:33 AM »
:fear: dude this is like one of the hardest mods, nice
show a pic of ur mobo with a tag with ur name on it pls :yess:

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 10:15:11 AM »
that is wat i thought and he is only a guppy well post a pic of mobo and dpad and all ur other solder point so we can see wat is wrong and maybe the controller interior but first psp

"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline ryan012254

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i can't spell
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 10:20:36 AM »
all of that is covered with glue and im not about to go tearing it off right this second

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 12:07:32 PM »
It sounds like the solder points may be shorting inside your controller, does it happen only when the controller is connected?

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 12:42:36 PM »
sweeeeeeeeet mod man!!!

anyway the connections to the buttons might be touching eachother.

did u solder the x o etc. buttons to the zif connector or just to the powerboard, since to the powerboard is easier

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 12:57:56 PM »
It sounds like the solder points may be shorting inside your controller, does it happen only when the controller is connected?

They could also short inside the PSP too, so sorry bud, you will have to rip apart your PSP again and check.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 01:34:02 PM »
They could also short inside the PSP too, so sorry bud, you will have to rip apart your PSP again and check.

The D-pad and R-trigger solder points are on opposite sides of the PSP from each other. I don't know exactly how he has everything wired out to the connectors, but this is why I'm guessing the short is in the controller. Disconnecting the controller from the PSP and testing the same buttons will tell you where the problem is, you shouldn't need to open them both up.

Offline ryan012254

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i can't spell
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 06:50:44 PM »
it only happens on the controller the psp itself is fine.
video's up http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cWHwPiQiBpk

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 06:55:49 PM »
nice song lol wat is it need to get that and blast it in my moms car lol

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »
Nice work, if the problems only occur when the controller is connected then that is where your problem is. Open up the controller and check for continuity between your D-pad and R1 solder points.

Offline ryan012254

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i can't spell
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 06:43:24 PM »
I fixed the diagonal problem all my sodder points were fine so i tried cutting the tracks around the button connector on the controller and it worked  :hifive:

awsome mod Blizzrad :#1:

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 07:15:14 PM »
I fixed the diagonal problem all my sodder points were fine so i tried cutting the tracks around the button connector on the controller and it worked  :hifive:

awsome mod Blizzrad :#1:

Right back at you man, I can appreciate how much work goes into a project like this and yours is really amazing, very professional looking. I'm glad you got everything worked out, looks like this is a good week for DualShock mods.  :hifive:   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal