Author Topic: New iPhone 3G  (Read 2792 times)

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
New iPhone 3G
« on: June 10, 2008, 12:18:47 AM »
I'm sure alot of u have heard about the new iPhone 3g that got revealed today. There's just one thing that bothers me. The price. The thing is that I have an 8 gb iPod touch. In fact im typing this message on it right now. It cost me $299.99 or more than $300. That wasn't so bad. The thing that pissed me off was when now they come out with this new product that is supposed to be better than anything they've made before, and they made it cheaper. It only costs $199.99 or a little over $200. My question is this, why would you make an iPhone which has more features than the iPod touch, and then make it cost $100 less? It doesn't make any sense. All that means is that either they horribly overpriced the iPod touch, or they made a crappy low quality version of the iPhone that is just going to break in your hands. It puzzles me. I think they may end up doing forthe iPod touch what they did for the early iPhone owners and give them a rebate. That would not be good for apples image so I'm sure they won't tho. I still think the iPhone is a great product but this is just one thing that really bothered me. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks. rceckspurt13@yahoo.com email me if you have somthing to say about my topic.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: New iPhone 3G
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 07:23:51 AM »
well the thing is the actual iphone costs 399 like it does now its just its subsidized by the mobile phone companies to that price. this is why with the new iphones it is going to be a lot harder to jailbreak and unlock them partially because of new hardware and partially because they will now require in-store activation and wont be able to be activated at home like the first gen iphone thus meaning that the mobile phone operators are guaranteed there monthly income from the service plan (which they no longer have to share with apple and have raised the cost of the contracts by about $10-$20) where as previously with the first gen they weren't guaranteed a sale of a service plan with every iphone sold as like 40%+ iphones were been unlocked and sent to other countries or used on other networks. this is why there is the price difference between the first and second iphones. and also why the touch isn't cheeper as that cannot be subsidized as it isn't used on a network.

hope that helped answer your questions and further your understanding.

Have a nice day from your local administrator

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline DUKE

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 07:45:25 AM »
I think they really should lower the price on the ipod touch, who i there right mind would pay that kind or money when you could get a iphone for less.

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 07:47:19 AM »
nope an iphone cost $199 then a $60 a month minimum for 2 years so that $1639 total. and this iphone is going to be so much harder to bypass as it requires in store activation at point of purchase

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 12:45:43 AM »
yeah but couldnt you just buy it have it a couple months then cancel the plan 4 alot less than $1639 and then use it as a ipod plus browser

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 03:27:17 AM »
yes you could but you would have to then pay the ETF (early termination fee) which would bring it to more than the cost of an ipod touch.

G4L i wasnt complaining about the price just stating to the others that the ipod touch is still a valid product based on pricing

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 07:26:08 PM »
ok well what would happen 2 u if u didnt pay the ETF

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 07:51:17 PM »
I'm sure you wouldent be able to cancel your service without paying it. You may also do some jail time. It would be kinda like refusing to pay your taxes, you will get in some kind of trouble for it.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
ok well what would happen 2 u if u didnt pay the ETF
you get a late charge, and if you don't pay that PLUS the regular fee then you get sued...

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 08:18:46 PM »
just buy an itouch lol
bad for you and your credit..

Offline platinumc

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 06:55:48 AM »
its coming to estonia in the end of summer or sth :D...

imho the iphone thing, that you can get them with a service plan, is the most stupidest thing ever made up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal