Author Topic: d-pad and buttons dont work  (Read 3062 times)

Offline glenng82

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
d-pad and buttons dont work
« on: June 14, 2008, 10:09:41 AM »
as the title says my d-pad and buttons dont work. i was wondering if anyone had any idea on what it is. they arent the ds3's, just the old sixaxis controller. what happened is that my analog went bad (too much cod4) and i stepped on my spare and busted off the r1 & r2 side so i thought that i could use the other controller to have one good working one :tup: but no  :nono:. all i wanna do is play MGS4!! anybody got an ideas? thanks

Offline light_matt

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: d-pad and buttons dont work
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 11:54:49 AM »
You might of ripped the rippen, or disconnected the cables, but i dont think so because if u disconnect the ribben and start it up everything goes bad.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 12:14:18 PM »
Buy a DS3, MGS4 uses it so much anyway, your missing a whole sense by not having one!
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline glenng82

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:29:35 PM »
You might of ripped the rippen, or disconnected the cables, but i dont think so because if u disconnect the ribben and start it up everything goes bad.

dont think i did that, but i put the old controller back in (busted 1) and it still works

Buy a DS3, MGS4 uses it so much anyway, your missing a whole sense by not having one!

yea ive been thinking about getting one. maybe for fathers day, i do have a 50 best buy gift card that ive been holding onto sense christmas lol

any other ideas?

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 02:11:25 AM »
go to walmart or whatever and buy some when you get to the car open and swithc them out. and go back and say oh sorry i just found out my mom just bought me some. that worked with my broken wii motes lol

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 02:45:13 AM »
i also think it might be the ribbon cable, it might not be fully inserted or put in properly and so then the buttons wouldnt work, thats the only solution i could think of

Offline glenng82

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 09:28:02 AM »
go to walmart or whatever and buy some when you get to the car open and swithc them out. and go back and say oh sorry i just found out my mom just bought me some. that worked with my broken wii motes lol

lol yea i like that idea, but my controllers are missing screws, but i still might try it :tup:

i also think it might be the ribbon cable, it might not be fully inserted or put in properly and so then the buttons wouldnt work, thats the only solution i could think of

yea thats what i thought so i tryed it like 5 times to make sure the ribbon was in right and it still didnt work. but i when i put the old guts in with the same ribbion it worked fine. so i guess what im gonna do is get out the old soldering iron and take off the good sticks and transfer them to the old worn out analog and go about it like that. thanks for all the help, any other ideas would be great

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 09:44:34 AM »
well i had a similar problems where it wouldnt work but this was because i had some solder joining 2 pins on the connector of the board together so it was  :censored:ing up the controller, so just make sure the pins on the connector are free from excess solder

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 02:21:38 PM »
if its missing some screws just go find some and make sure that lady at walmart doesnt check to see if the controllers is loose or anything

Offline glenng82

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 06:42:32 PM »
well i had a similar problems where it wouldnt work but this was because i had some solder joining 2 pins on the connector of the board together so it was  :censored:ing up the controller, so just make sure the pins on the connector are free from excess solder

havent soldered it at all. its all good now i got a ds3!!! :tup:

if its missing some screws just go find some and make sure that lady at walmart doesnt check to see if the controllers is loose or anything

yea its a thought

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal