Author Topic: psp wont update!!! says configuration is wrong!!! HELP!!!  (Read 15737 times)

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I'm you. Just a little.... Bizarre.
psp wont update!!! says configuration is wrong!!! HELP!!!
« on: June 29, 2008, 09:07:25 PM »
i have a regular old psp, no mods on it. when i go to play crisis core and it says i have to update and it trys to install, and error message comes up saying it couldnt update due to the configuration of the psp (error #DRNFFFFFFCD). i got this from a friend, who got this from a friend lol, so i have no recipt therefor sony cant assist. im going to call them anyways tomorrow to see if they will at least tell me something, but i figured id come to the experts at acidmods first. any help is helpful.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Re: psp wont update!!! says configuration is wrong!!! HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 09:45:41 PM »
that's the first I've heard of this but here's a couple of ideas of what you could do:

1: go to settings -> system settings -> restore default settings. Then update using network update, ( if you have wifi) instead of using the one from the UMD. Download it and wait until its finished. It will tjen prompt you to begin the update. Follow the instructions. If you dont have wifi, then go to the psp section of the playstation website (www.playstation.com on your computer) and near the bottom, there is a link that says keep you psp up to date, click on it and download it. Then copy it to the game folder of the psp(inside the psp folder) and start it up on the psp. Follow the instructions.

Make sure you have a memory stick with at least 25mb of free space or neither of these will work.

2: you could try formatting the memory stick but I doubt this will help.

3: do this only if the other two dont help. Get your hands on a pandoras battery and a magic memory stick( videos on both of these can be found on youtube and acidmods), and run it on your psp. I suggest looking at the pandoras battery section of the psp forum.

4: if the first two didnt work and number three didnt either or wasn't an option, you could always buy a new motherboard on the Internet somewhere.

5: you said that you were going to try to get Sony involved. This is probably a better choice than numbers three or four. But be ware that since your not the origional owner the warranty dosent work anymore, if they can't help you over the phone or Internet, they'll try to charge you for a repair and have you send it in. In which case its probably cheaper to try steps three and four instead of sending it in to them.

Disclaimer: if you try three or four, I won't be held responsiblefor anything that happens. Bit dont be alarmed. Nothing should happen.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 09:49:13 PM by rceckspurt13 »
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 10:24:35 PM »
thanks for the help, but ive already tried restore default settings and downloading from the update icon/psp website/video game. depending on the price, i wouldnt mind sending my psp in for them to figure it out. i have two psp's, one for modding and one "regular" one. i have an extra motherboard for the psp too, but i dont want to pull off the sticker of that one in case i want to sell it to gamestop. thanks again!

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 10:38:20 PM »
According to the psp error codes it looks like the system was hacked at one time and then restored back to stock firmware.

you ignore the DRN and read the ffffff which says the firmware is corrupted and can't be updated.

You can try to run dark alex's time machine put the system back to 1.5 after you format the memory stick and clear all the keys.

That should allow you to do the update.

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 10:42:09 PM »
i would fix it if you sent it to me but i live in the uk so it might cost a bit to send it here and back.

you cant really say what is wron with a psp until you get it, but you need to have it at your own disposal to do thorough testing.

so offer is there, if you dont mind paying to send it to the uk and back then add me on msn (fatboycg@hotmail.co.uk)
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 01:51:03 AM »
According to the psp error codes it looks like the system was hacked at one time and then restored back to stock firmware.

you ignore the DRN and read the ffffff which says the firmware is corrupted and can't be updated.

You can try to run dark alex's time machine put the system back to 1.5 after you format the memory stick and clear all the keys.

That should allow you to do the update.

so what if i just mod it back to 1.5, then try it? damn lol. ill have to decide after i talk to Sony tomorrow what exactly i want to do: replace the motherboard (and void it if i ever planned on trading it in), or mod it (using pandoras battery most likely since its ver. 3.50 right now). quite the pickle. thanks everyone for the help.

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 01:51:46 AM »
i would fix it if you sent it to me but i live in the uk so it might cost a bit to send it here and back.

you cant really say what is wron with a psp until you get it, but you need to have it at your own disposal to do thorough testing.

so offer is there, if you dont mind paying to send it to the uk and back then add me on msn (fatboycg@hotmail.co.uk)

thanks, but im not too fond of that idea.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 06:21:16 AM »
Try to pandora the psp back to say 3.71 M33 (you can update to another CFW later if you wish), use umddumper to copy the game as a Iso and run the game that way. works alot faster that way.

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 09:38:08 PM »
so i found out what the deal was. the friend i bought it from used the lumines hack, well tried to, and gave up on it because it got too difficult. this explains everything. the lumines hack is preventing me from updating up from version 3.50 because after that it stops working. unless someone can help me take it out, im going to have to dismantle it and change out the motherboard (i have a spare). thats probably the easiest way to go. oh and sony was going to charge me $90.00 to replace it! :censored:ign bastards lol.

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My PSP is Unmodded still :(
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 06:47:31 PM »
so i found out what the deal was. the friend i bought it from used the lumines hack, well tried to, and gave up on it because it got too difficult. this explains everything. the lumines hack is preventing me from updating up from version 3.50 because after that it stops working. unless someone can help me take it out, im going to have to dismantle it and change out the motherboard (i have a spare). thats probably the easiest way to go. oh and sony was going to charge me $90.00 to replace it! :censored:ign bastards lol.

easy fix my friend, if u have CFW u can fix it, just run Chilly Willy's IDStorage apps and make a backup of your keys, then add a new key with certaint values i think it was not sure, then delete the old key this should fix the problem

go here, ur problem is solved, ur WELCOME

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=96804&page=2
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:51:19 PM by Sgt Lovin »

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 06:51:36 PM »
easy fix my friend, if u have CFW u can fix it, just run Chilly Willy's IDStorage apps and make a backup of your keys, then add a new key with certaint values i think it was not sure, then delete the old key this should fix the problem

sweet! just a few questions: what's CFW, and where can i find chilly willy's IDstorage apps? what keys are you talking about? and this will completely remove all of the mod thats on it? last night i tried switching out motherboards, but they were 2 different models so the older one didnt work. thanks  ton!

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 07:35:18 PM »
CFW =  Custom Firmware, go to system information under settings menu of ur PSP and chech what version it is

u can find the IDStorage Manager http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=50765&page=5

download v1.3 which is the latest,place the program under GAME folder(not sure, but read the readme) and make a dump(copy) of ur keys then do what i linked on my other post, look at jas0nuk's post in the link and do what it says in his post,

after this is done ur PSP should update no problem.

good luck  :hifive: :hifive:

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 08:17:59 PM »
AWESOME, im getting right on that lol.

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 09:10:02 PM »
damn this thing, its not working. the app wont open on my psp, i keep getting the error message.

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 11:10:04 PM »
AND my psp doesnt load umd's anymore. this is awesome.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 02:31:21 AM »
your best bet would be to make a pandora battery and pandora memorystick and then there should be two options one to upgrade to i think its 390 CFW and the other to upgrade to 3.90 OFW you just choose whichever option you think is best and go with it as i think that it automatically fixes key 5

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 01:33:31 PM »
your best bet would be to make a pandora battery and pandora memorystick and then there should be two options one to upgrade to i think its 390 CFW and the other to upgrade to 3.90 OFW you just choose whichever option you think is best and go with it as i think that it automatically fixes key 5

even with a half ass lumines hack?

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 01:46:46 PM »
even with a half ass lumines hack?
lol, half ass
yea it fixes it, making the pandora is easy, just make one lol

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 03:10:38 AM »
lol, half ass
yea it fixes it, making the pandora is easy, just make one lol

actually nolt to be rude but it won't fix it, as this is the only way he can update at the moment via DC's

he has to wait for the DCv6 with the new 4.?? m33, or install CFW and unpatch key 5

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 03:20:57 PM »
actually nolt to be rude but it won't fix it, as this is the only way he can update at the moment via DC's

he has to wait for the DCv6 with the new 4.?? m33, or install CFW and unpatch key 5

so whats my best bet then?

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »
ok heres whats the problem. the idstorage of your psp is corrupted. What is idstorage? its a collection of unique keys that store information about your psp... information like its serial number, wlan mac address, and other stuff...... theres just nothing you can do about it.... atleast for now there isnt ....... but however if you find the corrupted keys and somehow fix them your psp will be fine......... two softwares that you need to do that are: idstorage manager and keycleaner....

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 06:01:20 PM »
and ohh bytheway this is what your problem is i found it on a website..

Since official updater 3.30, every updater has a hidden module called sceChkDegeneration which checks the signatures of these keys and produces an error if the signature is incorrect:

DRNFFFFFFD8 = key 0x4 missing
DRNFFFFFFD7 = key 0x4 header is not "n y r B" (in hex: 6E 79 72 42)
DRNFFFFFFCE = key 0x5 missing
DRNFFFFFFCD = key 0x5 header is not "g k l C" (in hex: 67 6B 6C 43)
DRNFFFFFFC4 = key 0x6 missing
DRNFFFFFFC3 = key 0x6 header is not "r d D M" (in hex: 72 64 44 4D)

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline Thorax

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 06:10:40 PM »
I never knew that. Also, don't double post, just edit! :tup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal