Author Topic: Help with DS lite LEDs  (Read 1614 times)

Offline nibbtastic

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Help with DS lite LEDs
« on: July 16, 2008, 01:20:49 PM »
Hi! I am in dire need of some help concerning LED mod light for the DS light. I haven't bought any equipment yet (still preplanning  :winker:) so your advice could guide my purchases. though I am ambitious, please note that this is my first time every doing soldering on a consumer appliance (I did a soldering on some $5 kits but they were pretty basic) so be gentle ;) Anyways, here we go!:

1) Where can I solder leads to give power for LEDs and perhaps a fader in a ds lite (all the LEDs will be in the top screen's housing... I figure I can snake up some wires if need be)?

2) Is there a cheap and/or easy way to make one set of LEDs remain on full strength while another set fades between full and dim? Also I want this show of lights to be on when the DS is charging, off when it's closed/sleeping/"bark mode," and switchable on/off when the DS is being played (the on/off during plar would be to conserve battery, but if a game hindering button combo or ugly add on switch is required, I can live with it staying on during gameplay)?

And lastly, though I realize this next one is a bit ridiculous, please bare with me:

3) Can any one give me some tips or links on how transfer the basic idea of this door <http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=142491> down to a thickness of .9mm-.6mm (plus the clearance between outer housing of the DS lite's housing and its inner components) for both plexiglass sheets combined? Note--> The etched design will only be on the back sheet and will pulse while the front sheet remains lit.

So there you have it. My ignorance is not bliss, so please, illuminate my mind ASAP. If I end up using your advice, I can credit you for your help on my finished project if you want. Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal