Author Topic: ~New DSL Redesign~ (technically) Coming soon~  (Read 21216 times)

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
~New DSL Redesign~ (technically) Coming soon~
« on: July 30, 2008, 08:27:11 PM »
Coming soon.

I'm getting a DSL in soon, thanks to treemty!
Modding starts soon guys.
A DSL like you've never seen before. (That is, if I can actually pull this off. It's a pretty ambitious project.)
2 people have clues. 1 Knows all. I ask these people (you know who you are) to please not tell anyone about this. Thanks guys.

The best modded DSL you'll ever see? Yeah. Definitely.

Photoshop mockup teaser in a few days...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 08:39:39 PM by PspKicks316 »

Offline TW1NKY

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: ~New DSL Redesign~ (Yes, I'm making one)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 08:59:06 PM »
That sounds like an ambitious project, but the results will pwn :w00t:
Good luck, can't wait to see how it turns out, hope you find some cases too

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 09:08:24 PM »
Thanks Tw1nky! It may not start for a while. My computer and my special mod come first. (The mod for my friend will end up being a plug and play ps2 mod, so I can make it and then wait till Christmas or her bday to do it, so it doesn't take long)

I'm hoping to be able to start this before Christmas. I've got some ideas on getting money for it, but it all depends on my mom letting me get a paypal account.

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 11:21:12 PM »
do just making the screan and case is a huge challenge, this is ALOT of work and would take alot of skill and time, this would be hard for even some of the most advenced modders like Cyber, or other really skilled modders

if you got this done, you would be the highlights of the ds modding, you would be so talked about

But this is 12/10 hard
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline aquatsr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 11:29:39 PM »
I was going to sell this, but

if you want anything specific from what I've posted there just shoot me a PM. Seems like a worthy project to me =) I don't mind giving u parts.
Kamelot Forever

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 06:34:21 AM »
I know how I'm doing the mobo, it doesn't need to much redesign. And for the case I was thinking of, like you said, hacking up SOME parts. I can cut and use most of a case, it's just some parts I'll need to fill in and stuff. Once I get a basic hacked up version done, I plan on using some sort of very strong glue or something (epoxy probably?) to fill in the little cracks and stuff, and then sand it down smooth and paint it over. Then I want to get some sort of clear coat (other than laquer) so that it's nice and smooth.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Aquastr, not just yet. I thank you for the offer though =] Let me just get some more ideas down and finalize ideas and try to get some parts and stuff before I take donationg. I don't want to end up keeping you guys waiting forever till I  can start this.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 06:54:35 AM »
All I need to do is cut the sides where the buttons are off. Then I plan on using ribbon cables (from old stuff or something) to reconnect them through a hinge like the DSL top screen (Which I have a secret idea for :D ). I need to go mow my grandparents lawn (ugh. But hey, it's money!) so I'll photoshop up a pic of what I'm talking about when I get back.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 09:09:15 AM »
I guess I'll be taking months and proving you wrong then. Rocky said it's completely possible, just really hard because the traces are small and it's hundreds of traces. No offense, but I'm believing Rocky over you any day, he's like a DS GOD.

Offline Chase

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Art Team Leader - Globel Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »
Alien You are a sceptic, Anythigns possible.

Kicks if you dont want to haev an extremely sloppy looking project then i suggest an airformed case if you do it right then you can have a look-like-new console and it will be well worth it in the end, as for the mobo issues etc idk I jsut care abotu the way things look :3

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 09:37:51 AM »
Lol thanks Chase. I'm just gonna disregard your statement Alien. Anything is possible, especially here at AcidMods. Rocky said that he tested it and it would be hard but possible.

You might not be able to read what I wrote on there, so HERE is the bigger version.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 10:02:30 AM »
I don't ask for help with problems like that, if it's my own stuff I try to fix it on my own and then ask for help. I don't care if I break a mobo or 2 for this.

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 10:18:01 AM »
for making the case dude, use bondo, best thing ever after sanded
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline DarkHawken

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 11:33:23 AM »
Wow PspKicks, I hope it all goes well. It should be excellent when you finish  :#1:

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 01:32:03 PM »
Thanks guys. And thanks Mario, I'll look into bondo

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 03:18:14 PM »
so, when will this start btw?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »
When I get a few cases and a few DSLs XD. Uhm. Not sure exactly. I want to keep saving up my money for my computer and my special mod for my friend, but if all goes well and I get a paypal account and get some money in there, I can rack up some decent money using that and get some parts and DSLs without tapping into my reserve money. I plan on buying/fixing/selling RRoD 360s on Ebay.

Offline alchemist789

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 01:51:23 AM »
yes this is possible but... you are using the wrong motherboard... if you look closely in the design the button match a original ds(phat) also if you do make this you will need to cut the motherboard carefully without cutting anything important in the front and back. Then use the wires and connect the button part of the motherboard to the main part. also something about the design i need to add if you really do this, it would look kind of ugly 1. in order for it to slide you will have to put a grid on the side and a to lock it in place. 2. since the mother board is using a ds phat, the screen would not be as great as the ds lite's so you would need to upgrade the screen(lol im thinking HD) 3.since its a phat motherboard the ds is going to be thick, its going to be weird. anyways good luck with your project i will be supporting you, i will keep checking this and give you more info if i catch something

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 07:18:31 AM »
That's a Lite motherboard dude... The phat looks like this:

The one I edited up there WAS a DSL mobo, straight from Rockys website too..
(The buttons on the DS Phat are in fact, buttons. Not traces.

And yeah I know I need to be careful with it. It's all about location on this xD. I decided not to go with the sliding sides. 

If all goes well on this, I've got a few really easy redesigns I want to make. Maybe I could go into a business and end up at nintendo! XD Yeah, I wish >_>;

Offline brootal

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 08:14:30 AM »
Doesn't the second design seem a little weird.  If you lay your DS down when it's in "portable" position, it lays on the buttons. 

Offline alchemist789

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »
That's a Lite motherboard dude... The phat looks like this:

The one I edited up there WAS a DSL mobo, straight from Rockys website too..
(The buttons on the DS Phat are in fact, buttons. Not traces.

And yeah I know I need to be careful with it. It's all about location on this xD. I decided not to go with the sliding sides. 

If all goes well on this, I've got a few really easy redesigns I want to make. Maybe I could go into a business and end up at nintendo! XD Yeah, I wish >_>;

lol if you slide it out and when you grab the buttons to play the bottom of it would feel emty... and you would need to fill it in... but if you fill it in im not sure how that is going to fit on tip of the screen and its going be really thick

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 01:37:20 PM »
Doesn't the second design seem a little weird.  If you lay your DS down when it's in "portable" position, it lays on the buttons. 
You didn't read what I said I guess. I'm just using the folding concept, not that actual thing.
haha, i'm sure there are lots of job openings for people that can cut their motherboards into thirds and then glue cases together! -
It was a joke...
Well, when you complete this project it will be perfect for your CV right?
Are you doing this with a ds or a ds lite motherboard?
Uhm, what? And DSL mobo, like I said. Liekt he topic...DSL REDESIGN. lol.
and btw on the ds lite, the buttons are buttons, they aren't just traces!, there is a layer underneath the gold tabs that helps them to function..and when used in conjunction with the conductive rubber it causes a digital button press
Uhm,ask Rocky,but I'm 99.99999% sure it's the just the gold tabs. When the conductive rubber connes them, it sends the button signal through.I could be wrong thuogh.
lol if you slide it out and when you grab the buttons to play the bottom of it would feel emty... and you would need to fill it in... but if you fill it in im not sure how that is going to fit on tip of the screen and its going be really thick
My idea isn't going to be that thick, and I said I'm not using the sliding idea on this redesign. The sides are going to fold. You'll all see once I'm able to start this. =P

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »
Oh God no. I wouldn't be using anything thick, I'd be completely taking half of the motherboard out! xD I planned on using a razorblade and carefully making a cut down, and jsut going over that until I have it cut in half. It's soemthing really thin, so I don't lose any of the motherboard.

Offline aquatsr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2008, 02:59:25 PM »
Uhm, what? And DSL mobo, like I said. Liekt he topic...DSL REDESIGN. lol.

A CV is a Curriculum Vitae a.k.a. a Resume. Allen_X was saying if u pull this off then you could put it on a resume, you know, for like a job.
Kamelot Forever

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 03:03:22 PM »
Ohhhhhhhh. Fancy terms >_>;;

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2008, 05:47:19 PM »
Oh God no. I wouldn't be using anything thick, I'd be completely taking half of the motherboard out! xD I planned on using a razorblade and carefully making a cut down, and jsut going over that until I have it cut in half. It's soemthing really thin, so I don't lose any of the motherboard.
I would use i flat tip on a ingraver

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 06:18:13 PM »
I plan on having a few mobos to test on before doing this, so I'll see what works best

Offline dawar10ck

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2008, 07:53:22 PM »
i am just starting with this whole modding stuff but jeez good luck and please keep us updated. this looks like fantastic project. (and to think i am worried about putting a few LEDs in my DSL)

you deserve a high five  :hifive: and 2 thumbs up  :tup:

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 08:11:58 PM »
Thanks man, I'll be updating this thread once I start work on this!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 12:55:22 AM »
It was a joke...I said that...

Offline alchemist789

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 01:22:06 AM »
this is going to be one expensive ass project!  :yess: :yess: also... you should make the screens a glass feel like laptop screens :tup: :tup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal