Author Topic: PSP Mod Color Choice  (Read 1353 times)

Offline LaserShark

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • PSPFTW
PSP Mod Color Choice
« on: September 22, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm planning on modding my fat psp with the red chrome shell that is found on coolmods.co.uk. I wanted to put sound reactive LEDs in the face buttons, the triggers and the window in the umd door. Because the red is such a dominating color I'm having trouble with picking a color for the LEDs. I was thinking yellow but I fear that may be just too much color. I appreciate all the help. :D

EDIT: I fixed the analog problem. I thought the screws were tight enough, but when I tightened them more the analog worked fine. :DDDDD
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:16:03 PM by LaserShark »

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
Re: PSP Mod Color Choice
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 03:30:50 PM »
my personal choice would be white leds. i am going to put white in my blue psp slim..so yea. idk exactly how white would look with red but lets wait for another reply to make sure  :tup:

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 03:51:57 PM »
I personally prefer the look of green LEDs in a psp. I'm not sure they would look so good in a red one though. White may be good but its sorta plain. Mabey you could keep with the theme and use red ones?
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
Re: PSP Mod Color Choice/ Analog Nub help
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 05:22:50 PM »
make sure that you screws are tight if the are lose they will cause your psp nub to lose connection with the mobo

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 09:31:34 PM »
white or red. others will look terrible imo.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 01:57:25 AM »
white, red or yellow. red would be fitting for the case but white or yellow would stand out alot better.  :tup:

Offline Thorax

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 01:48:30 PM »
make sure that you screws are tight if the are lose they will cause your psp nub to lose connection with the mobo

That's not the problem... I've had lots of trouble with my nub (Ex. Moving slowly or not moving at all, moving without pushing anything, etc.), so I've kinda become a somewhat expert on it. Take the faceplate off and remove the analog. Then take the metal part off the bottom of the analog and take the board off. Be careful with the rest of it because it's a major headache trying to put it back together. Then take a clean pencial eraser and rub it gentally along the black tracks (lines). This will get rid off the grease/oil from the rest of the analog that sometimes drips down and shorts the contact. Put it back together and test it out. If your still having problems, take it apart again. Once you take the board off, take a small screwdriver or knife and carefully lift up the little metal tab-like things on the analog (they drag along the tracks of the board). After you lift them up a bit, put everything back together and test it out. More or less, it should work. What happens is that the tabs get pushed down when your thumb presses down on the analog, making the contact weaker. By lifting the tabs up, your strengthing the contact. Now, these aren't always permentent solutions, so you may have to repeat them every once in a while. But at least your able to play your PSP. I hope this helps you with your analog and good luck with your mod.

P.S. Yellow LEDs would look pretty cool with the red crome. Just make sure you add a switch to turn them on and off.

Offline JUGGALOO

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 02:49:31 PM »
I would go with white or purple.White may be plain but not alot of other peple use it,and I've only seen purple on a couple.Most of the ones I see are red blue or green.

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 03:55:12 PM »
If your gettinga red case, get white led's

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal