Author Topic: controller mod idea  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
controller mod idea
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:17:45 AM »
so i saw a video on youtube of a controller that you could program macros to do glitches in halo 3, and you could reprogram it with a cable plugged into a computer. i really want to make one of these but i havent been able to find anymore information on it, can someone help me? ill try and find the video too :victory:

edit: heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Aj2A3J5rs4
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 07:31:03 AM by Winterz117 »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: controller mod idea
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 07:31:29 AM »
Just make a Spitfire....tut's are here and supplies are sold in the AM shop...

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 08:33:25 AM »
ok, how do you program the chip to have macros?

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 09:12:01 AM »
That is basically using a picaxe chip. You would have to program the macros using the picaxe software similar to the picaxe project already on X-S, but using a 14M and expanding the program to the other buttons. It will require learning how the picaxe works etc etc.

The nice thing about the picaxe is that it can be reprogrammed while still inside the controller and powered by the batteries. A regular PIC cannot be programmed without detaching the lines from the controller somehow.

The bad thing about the picaxe is how many resources are consumed to run the picaxe OS (for lack of a better description). Basically, you lose all of the PICs timers, hardware interupts, and other useful finctions that make a PIC versatile. For example, the picaxe replaces the internal hardware interupt pins by replacing them with constantly polled routines. Also, there are no true timers. You have 'WAit' statements where a register is loaded with a count down value and the chip sits and spins until the count down is done. Nothing else can happen during this time.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 09:47:21 AM »
edit: darnit hazer beat me to it

That is done using picaxe.  it is basically a pic that has dedicated programing language similar to basic.  It is really just a programming exercise as well as knowing how to simulate a button press and detect a button press using a microcontroller.  Anyone can do it if you can code and program a microcontroller.  Picaxe, and Arudino micro controllers are the most user friendly, and require the least amount of time and knowledge to get em up and running.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=653455
Everything u need to know to make one ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^have fun there are 50+ pages of replies on that one.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »
ok thanks guys ill see what i can do

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal