Author Topic: adjustable 555 rapid fire on trigger radio shack brand  (Read 121429 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: adjustable 555 rapid fire on trigger radio shack brand
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2009, 07:15:59 AM »
works on matrix cause thats what i have and still going strong.tried it on cod 4&5, gw2,rb6v,halo3.not as rapid on halo as it is on other games unless maybe you use a brute shot all the time  :rofl:

this is due to halo's programing, the best you can hope for in halo with any mod is increased acuracy.

Offline ziploker

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2009, 08:29:25 AM »
i just did the mod, however it fires at about the same speed that i can fire. i tried adjusting the pot but it only gets worse. i tried it on cod3, gta4, halo3, graw2.. Also, i changed the position of the switch so it wouldent draw power constantly and i added an led. i have an old style board with the tp19.

anyideas on whats wrong?

michaelmotorcycle

« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2009, 03:46:38 PM »
I am using Matrix style boards and the rapid fire is not as fast as other mods i have made.
I have not used 10k before and it seems a bit over the top
used a combined OHMs of a little under 3k for old
New, i used a just 1k

I know theres math involved and just let me know if i could use lower ohms to incresase Rapid Fire Speed.

S A F E T Y    D A N C E

Offline ziploker

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2009, 10:26:54 AM »
so by increasing the resistance, the pulse would be faster?

are you refering to the resister right before the base of the trasistor?  or the resistor on pins 7&8 of the 555chip

thanks

michaelmotorcycle

« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2009, 10:05:51 PM »
This mod uses 1k not 10k sorry
Matrix and CG use different voltages

If there is a lower ohm resistance than the pulsing would increase i think or the other way around

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2009, 05:52:38 AM »
ok enough speculation,

the rate of fire is adjusted by the resistance between pins two and seven. we have inserted a pot here for a variable rate of fire. if it is only firing slow, your pot is not working. please check all part numbers on the front page, and be sure you are using the low current 555 timer.

dont change the values of the resistors in pin 7&8 nor the values of the capasitors. many people have built this mod with lots of success, I hate to say this and dont want to sound rude, but you need to check your work

another problem, I am unsure of, is that you may be robbing the timer of too much power with the led. I never intended this to have an led like that, it really should not matter, but its one of those things
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:49:16 AM by modded matt »

michaelmotorcycle

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2009, 10:15:16 PM »
I tryed the mod with a NE555IC and it worked with the matrix but not the CG
i have like 50 of them so i guess ill have to buy some TLC from wherever
first i thought it was my caps cuz i bought new ones and there newer and smaller but 100pf is what it is
thanks for tut, the NE555IC works with my other mods so i was a little confused.

my pots are better than yours

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2009, 04:35:51 AM »
I would ned to look up the ne555ic, this runs at 5v that is your problem. I am sure you can get this to work, yes you will need differect caps for that chip and there is alot more work. even though I started with two other 555's and I can get them to work, but they use too much power too quickly, thus creating unreliable sparatic affects. with the 5v chips they work fine for the first half clip or so and then studder, if you only use in short bursts you should be ok.

as for the pot, cool, it just needs to be in the same range, this is what controls the fire rate. this mod changes the way the chip pulses, not just the output to the controller.

Offline riptide247

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2009, 09:44:27 PM »
OK read the WHOLE forum and saw one guy get close to the problem i am having but not the same....... first props to matt for the tut!!! i followed everything right!! got all the right stuff and put it all in the right place.... i only added with what that guy did by making his 4player led light up as a indicator..(which flashes fast and changes as i adjust my Pot?)is it suppose to do that?

anyway.. the mod works great for the first pull of the trigger (on COD waw) but after the first pull it really slows down to as fast as i can pull the trigger....?

did i blow a resister or a cap? i know my pot works the switch works and i get power through the chip and test like prevusly stated in this forum with my ohms meter.

please someone help me MATT or Ghost or someone... i am pretty good the electronics and know my way around a soldering iron so i don't think i fried anything but who knows..

Thanks MUCH!!

Offline riptide247

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2009, 09:47:49 PM »
oh and when i turn my controller off and leave the rapid fire switch on the 4th player led stays on barely, on almost not visible but on.... do i have a short?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2009, 04:37:13 AM »
well welcome to acidmods, and the world of modding, here nothing seems to go as planned ..LOL
lets see what we can do,

ok first off, I did not design this to have an led indicator, that was added by other members, so please explain how you wired the light, it sounds like it is a splice coming from terminal #3 of the 555. that is why it is blinking, because terminal #3 pulsates to simulate rapid fire. when you adjust the pot, it pulses slower, or faster if that’s what your light is doing, I would assume that is normal.

as for the cod5 issue, this is also another common problem, COD5 has a limit built into the game to make it do exactly what you are describing. this is normal also. has anyone confirmed this working in COD5??? I was supposed to test, but have not had a chance, spent the whole weekend testing terminal leads, I would suggest turning the pot as slow as it will go and trying that, turn it up slightly until you get "The Cap" as it is known in the community. the cap will let you fire one clip as fast as you can then slow you way down, this cap is active until the next match starts. so it may take some time to find where it needs to be set. once you get the pot adjusted correctly, I would put a scratch or line in the controller so you know where the pot should be adjusted to. and I would do the same for cod4 (will be in another location)

as far as the light staying on..this is odd..once again, I need to know how the light was connected. if you are using a matrix, this is going to happen, you would need another power source to stop it. the two volt switched power supply wont run the 555 properly. if you are using CG, it may just need to push any residual voltage left in the capacitors through before it will stop. or it could be seeping through your switch if you wired the light to the power supply. 

Offline riptide247

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2009, 09:32:03 AM »
WOW ok thanks for the fast reply :hifive: :hifive:.....controller type... umm its the one with D21 not D1 and it has the TP3 on the back. i think its the matrix?

So from your reply this is all normal? adjust my pot to the cap, too high it will only work for the first pull, too low and it will be slow.... and it will only work for the first match anyway? hhhmmm  :faint:

the wire that is going to the 4th player led is spliced into the wire between 1k resister and the base of the transistor... i attached it to the led on the top side... the forum said attach to the bottom of it but when i did it didn't work, thats why it's attached to the top part... i hope its the (-) end of it..

so i guess i should just screw it together and call it done?

you think if i get just disconnect the wire that goes to the led i'll be fine?? i know you've stated that you didn't intend the mod to have a led in it, i just thought it took such low power that it wouldn't make a difference, but what do i know!  :dntknw:

Offline riptide247

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2009, 12:55:13 PM »
oh and if i don't change the power source will it stay on until it drains the battery... unless of i just pull the battery off after each use.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2009, 04:16:05 AM »

pic was drawn by ziploker
try it like he did with the switch at the main power source.

yes if you leave it as is, it will drain the power source

michaelmotorcycle

« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2009, 09:52:03 PM »
I am looking for SMALLLLL switches that turn the rapid fire through the trigger on/off.
I have used a toggle on/off switch and was looking for smaller, possible illuminated on/off switches.
I have small momentary tactile switches that are perfect.
So i was wondering if you could turn a momentary switch into a steady on/off switch?
Probably would be easier to use a pic, but if i could use a momentary switch that would be cool.

THROUGH THE TRIGGER PLZ

Here are some push buttons i was thinking would look koolaid
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_lY2eBK732sA/ScB87JnLLDI/AAAAAAAAACk/uJNrpZDV22M/s144/sweet%20tommy%20button%20maybe.jpg

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2009, 08:06:09 AM »
you can't use a momentary switch if you want rapid fire on the trigger...not with the 555 mod. there is noting to read and register the button press.. this thread we have spoke of getting rid of the toggle switch and using a monmetary, but then the rapid fire is on the button and not the trigger.

a push on/push off, push button would work. (it must be latching) the package will say push on/off. but they dont come in alot of options at rat shack.

sorry to say that to do what you want you need to use a programed pic. which is another thread

Offline CMTModz

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2009, 11:28:07 PM »
hey matit if i adjust it to far it doesn't work do they have a pot were to can adjust it all the way and still shot fast
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 11:35:17 PM by CMTModz »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2009, 05:34:36 AM »
there are many types of pots out there, the problem is the name of this mod, radio shack parts, a digital pot or something along those lines will give you more fine tuning, but I dont think you will find at radio shack. look at other electronic spots you need to stay around 100K radio shack has this one http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062308, but it only comes as 10K from there.  I posted the pic to push you in the right direction. good luck

Offline tuck

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2009, 08:23:21 PM »
This mod works perfectly for cod 5 i'm still using it and as far as the pot there is nothing wrong with the one specified.you have to find the right adjustment for cod 5. i marked mine on the controller for highest possible spot for cod 5 which is about half way.i recommend marking it so if you want to turn it all the way up for cod 4 you can and turn it back down when you go back to play cod 5. start a private match and keep adjusting till you find the sweet spot. if the patch kicks in cause you got it to high you must end the game and start again for the patch to turn off. that sounds like the problem some of you are having. it takes some time but once you get it marked you are good to go and you wont have to go through all of that again. hope this helped some one.and why would you need a led to tell you its on thats what the switch is for you turn it on its on turn it off its off :psp:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2009, 04:19:21 AM »
This mod works perfectly for cod 5 i'm still using it and as far as the pot there is nothing wrong with the one specified.you have to find the right adjustment for cod 5. i marked mine on the controller for highest possible spot for cod 5 which is about half way.i recommend marking it so if you want to turn it all the way up for cod 4 you can and turn it back down when you go back to play cod 5. start a private match and keep adjusting till you find the sweet spot. if the patch kicks in cause you got it to high you must end the game and start again for the patch to turn off. that sounds like the problem some of you are having. it takes some time but once you get it marked you are good to go and you wont have to go through all of that again. hope this helped some one.and why would you need a led to tell you its on thats what the switch is for you turn it on its on turn it off its off :psp:

well said tuck..I am glad to hear it is confirmed working on WAW. I thought it would, but havent gotten around to testing. been busy working with PIC chips.

thanks agian for the feedback.

Offline tuck

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2009, 03:23:58 PM »
Ya no problem :tup: i gotta say this is the best place to find any of your modding needs very good support staff and attention to detail  :drunk: looking to get into the chips just havn't time  :confused: but i think this mod works very well and it works on a wide array of games lots of people i know and on xbox live have asked where i found this and i tell them (oh you didn't ACIDMODS son)  :hifive:

Offline scheme7

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2009, 05:57:52 AM »
hey matt , i read this post from page 1 - 5 ... i really need some help with a 555 timer i did following this video on youtube (HD) Rapid Fire Chip for Xbox 360 how to (part 1)

i amde a post about it ... can you please help me out ... and i might try this build later today THANKS!!

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=29898.new#new

Offline scheme7

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2009, 06:15:59 AM »
can u please add pics for these steps

1) cut back pc board as close as you can
2) remove right rumble pack and hallow out controller to make sure nothing pinches any wires, glue in chip
3) run the pin eight wire to the mic's supply voltage
4) run the pin one wire to the battery ground
5) drill two 1/4 inch holes between the d pad and the right stick in the top of the controller, they should be on top of each other, then connect them creating a slot of the on/off slide switch. use common sense here and make sure you are putting this slot where the switch will fit.
6) run the wire from pin three to one leg of the switch
7) run a new wire from the switch to a 1k res and into the base pin of the npn transistor
8) solder te collector of the transistor to the middle trigger pin
9) solder the base to the bottom trigger pin.

IM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:20:15 AM by scheme7 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2009, 07:52:39 AM »
sorry guys i am on vacation wont ge back till monday i am nw typing on my phone..i cant see the vid yet and definatly wont be able to post new pics till i get home maybe ghost or tuck can help get you going in my absence...

Offline scheme7

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2009, 08:12:13 AM »
i just need clarification on these steps

1) cut back pc board as close as you can
2) remove right rumble pack and hallow out controller to make sure nothing pinches any wires, glue in chip
3) run the pin eight wire to the mic's supply voltage
4) run the pin one wire to the battery ground
5) drill two 1/4 inch holes between the d pad and the right stick in the top of the controller, they should be on top of each other, then connect them creating a slot of the on/off slide switch. use common sense here and make sure you are putting this slot where the switch will fit.
6) run the wire from pin three to one leg of the switch
7) run a new wire from the switch to a 1k res and into the base pin of the npn transistor
8) solder te collector of the transistor to the middle trigger pin
9) solder the base to the bottom trigger pin.

they are very confusing

Offline scheme7

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2009, 09:01:41 AM »
sorry for the spam in ur thread but .... do i have to use a 15v iron ... i have a 30v one can i use that one ... just being extra careful i dnt burn any pieces or should i buy a http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062606

Offline gamerdude767

• Blogs & Media Member
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2009, 09:20:36 AM »
yes 30v should be fine, just make sure you dont hold heat on for tooo long. also dont double post use the button, thanks
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 09:22:31 AM by gamerdude767 »

Quote from: H-Sauce
**Long Pause**........
Yup, thats better than balloons

Offline tuck

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2009, 05:45:20 PM »
(i did all my hot gluing last )
1)cut the pc board as far back to your soldering points as you can without touching them. i carefully used side cutters
2)unplug the rumble pack and cut out the parts that hold it in place. i used a razor blade. i suggest putting the chip in and putting the the top on making sure nothing is pinching before hot gluing.
3&4)look at the pics provided
5) i  put my switch on the right side in the grey part about a inch in so i could turn it on & off with my thumb doing some more trimming with razor. use common sense here and make sure you are putting this slot where the switch will fit.
6)look at the pics provided
7,8&9) on the packaging of the npn transistor it will tell you which one is the base,collector & emitter. step nine i soldered the emitter to bottom trigger pin like it showed in the pic
its always best to read the step your on a few times then look at the pic go back and forth.  make sure you go to the project get the wires or what ever for that step together before soldering double and triple check to make sure you got it right. also for the pot i put mine on right side next to thumb stick about inch and a half below the A button as close to thumb stick as i could.  hope this helped

Offline scheme7

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2009, 10:41:31 AM »
thanks for every1's help ...GREAT MOD MATT it worked perfect 5/5 stars ....  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2009, 11:47:33 AM »
thanks alot for you help here Tuck.. I really appreciate it, and I am sure scheme7 does also..LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal