Author Topic: simple vu meter  (Read 4547 times)

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
simple vu meter
« on: December 17, 2008, 03:53:01 PM »
so, since i have a project in electronics that deals with vu meters i decided to find a way to incororate on into the psp, i know FOOfoo already did this.

my method uses the Acidmods sound board for the slim, roughly 6 LED's, and about 6 resistors.

the schematic:

^the LED's share a common anode^

only problem is i havent been able to test this to see how well it works, so any volunteer beta testers are welcome, only thing that really needs to be tested is the amount of LED's and the size of the resistors.

thank you for your time and awesomeness
It's been a long time

Offline gangzta

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: simple vu meter
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 06:34:20 AM »
Its would never working because you have put all LEDs on the same + connection you noob  :sadno:

You need for every LED on positive connection  :#1:

greets from germany :clap: Sorry about my bad english   :dntknw:

Offline wetfusion

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +6/-5
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 09:57:11 AM »
Its would never working because you have put all LEDs on the same + connection you noob  :sadno:

i think you are the real noob here.. he already ground the led in the schematics

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 11:24:34 AM »

Don't ever flame one of my friends on here.

And for starters don't ever correct someone when you have no damn clue what you're talking about.
Thanks.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 11:40:51 AM »

They can share the same + point, noob. Its the resistance between each LED that makes it a VU meter.

Don't be calling people noobs when you don't got a clue what you are talking about..

Good job Kink, Oh and nice sig :D

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 12:10:12 PM »
I can't wait till i have electrical class next semester cuz i kno da teacher and he is super cool he would be able to tell me exactly wat resistance would be the best but ya doesn't a VU meter work when there is low power the bottom led light because of the fact that the top have higher resistance and need more power and the lower ones don't and don't really need much power to light up

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 12:53:10 PM »
I can't wait till i have electrical class next semester cuz i kno da teacher and he is super cool he would be able to tell me exactly wat resistance would be the best but ya doesn't a VU meter work when there is low power the bottom led light because of the fact that the top have higher resistance and need more power and the lower ones don't and don't really need much power to light up
I'm not sure if that's 100% right, but yeah pretty much.

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 01:14:01 PM »
Wouldn't be as effective as a dual quad-op-amp circuit for obvious reasons, and probably wouldn't work exactly the way you want it to all of the time, but cool circuit nonetheless  :hifive:

An even simpler way to make a vumeter is with a pic16f... and some leds  :winker:

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »
yeah i know its not the best, i like the way it works with an lm3915 ic, [i think thats the right one].and anyway, the main reason i posted this is because im really interested in vu meters, this is basically how it works, and i made it super easy for people to understand. its also easy to get because everyone can get the psp board and everyone can buy resistors.

yup thats pretty much how it works. the higher power goes out and lights the next led in line while the first one stays its highest brightness. take the electronics class, im in electronics 3 at my school and i pretty much do my own little thing, with the teachers help. it makes modding so much easier.

Good job Kink, Oh and nice sig :D

thanks jumbo, id have a slipknot one but youve already got it and i dont want to clash your style.

and gangzta...i pity you. this is not how you make friends on community sites. and id suggest learning a thing or two before flaming. please be nicer, im not one to argue, i prefer to handle things politically so watch your back if you start more trouble.
It's been a long time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal