Author Topic: PSP Case Swap Help  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Zay22446688

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP Case Swap Help
« on: December 20, 2008, 03:39:53 PM »
I got my new psp chrome faceplate and backplate, but im having trouble taking off the first 7 screw of the psp i can only get off the 3 silver ones and not the black ones I think I have a 0 philips head screwdriver.

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP Case Swap Help
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 06:58:25 PM »
Weird, I use a 0 Philips as well. Are these black screws where the battery goes ? Also sometimes even though you have unscrewed the screw it doesn't come out. The first time I was taking apart a PSP one of the screws closer to the right side in one of the deep holes wouldn't come out. So I spent an hour trying to unscrew it when it was already unscrewed. It just stayed in the hole. But when you take the faceplate off it just drops out the back. That might be the problem.

Offline Zay22446688

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »
The screws are all of the black screws like the ones that go where the battery goes and the other 2 spots.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 07:29:37 PM »
does your screw driver strip the heads? is the PSP used?
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 07:36:16 PM »
I stripped a screw the first time taking apart my psp. The problem was too big of a screwdriver. If I were you, I'd go out to Sears to get a #000 Screwdriver. Then to deal with any stripped screws, use a drill. (I have my own drill press, I'm not sure on how this works on a cordless.) I found a bit that was about the diameter of a little less than the head. then, I drilled down just enough to break the head off of the screw. From there, you can remove the screw with some needle-nose pliers. If that doesn't work and worst comes to worst, tak a P.O.S. junk screwdriver you have and solder it to the head of the screw. It will destroy the screwdriver and the screw, but it works if you're desperate. Good luck with the case mod  :hifive:

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 08:03:03 PM »
Yeah I agree. You need a smaller screwdriver. I prefer philips #00 and #000 screwdrivers.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 08:15:06 PM »
Yeah I agree. You need a smaller screwdriver. I prefer philips #00 and #000 screwdrivers.

You shouldn't "prefer" them, That is the correct size. #00 is good, but i use #000 too. #0 is too big.

Go out and get the right size before you strip the screws mate  :#1:

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 08:23:19 PM »
Another helpful hint: If you slip on a screw, wait just a minute, maybe try another one, but don't keep going to town on the same one, you'll end up stripping it. Many problems can also be solved with break.  :hifive:

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline Zay22446688

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 06:08:04 AM »
Thanks for all your help im gona go to radio shack to look for a smaller screwdriver.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 10:37:52 AM »
You shouldn't "prefer" them, That is the correct size. #00 is good, but i use #000 too. #0 is too big.

Go out and get the right size before you strip the screws mate  :#1:

Yeah I suppose, but while working on the slim, I realised that the #000 worked better on the two screws right next to the USB, but then the #00 works better on all other screws. Maybe it's just me...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal