Author Topic: USB in PSP  (Read 2727 times)

Offline JumpFalcon

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
USB in PSP
« on: December 21, 2008, 02:57:43 PM »
I've seen loads of mods for stuff like USB charging and a built in camera for the PSP fat that solder to the bottom of the USB contacts.

Are there problems with having lots of things soldered to these contacts or is it fine?
Is data transfer still possible with all these things connected?
Are there problems with EMF and drawing power with all these things (do they use loads of power even if not being used)?

cosmetic mods... :censored: 'em

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
Re: USB in PSP
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 05:36:28 AM »
ive done a internal psp camera, and internalized GPS on a psp without no problems.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 05:50:55 AM »
Yup, with 100 percent no proof.

I'd love to see this gps, I mean, there are numerous technical issues that would cause it to not work efficiently, but then you say you have done it!!! Proved me wrong eh.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 05:54:35 AM »
Yup, with 100 percent no proof.

I'd love to see this gps, I mean, there are numerous technical issues that would cause it to not work efficiently, but then you say you have done it!!! Proved me wrong eh.

already gave it to the customer. bu tif i can convince him to get it back for some pics, i will post them up.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 07:33:49 AM »
Convenient

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 08:02:10 AM »
ive done a internal psp camera, and internalized GPS on a psp without no problems.

Hmm..
You can't make the GPS internal, simply because you won't recieve anything, the reciever must be outside to recieve any signal at all.

How did you figure out how to do it? That would be awesome if you told me. I'm stumped

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 08:41:55 AM »
Yeah, infact he would be the first person in the world, shame your customer didn't post pictures huh!!!

Making up mods doesn't impress me/acidmods even slightly, and to be honest, there isn't one single ounce of proof that you can even solder..

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline JumpFalcon

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 12:02:57 PM »

Yeah I'm mid planning an internal GPS right now. Might record my progress and do a tut if it works. I'll probably add some microswitches if power consumption is a problem.

I was pretty sure the signal could pass through most plastics (it passes through the ionosphere ok... that's a start) but it might prove difficult after seeing this thread. I'm looking at various laptop mods and how the nokia n95 works at the moment.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:21:45 PM by JumpFalcon »

Offline JumpFalcon

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 05:59:20 PM »
Can someone please answer my first question. Thankyou.

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 06:17:03 PM »
wow alien pwned him and hes right and if it would be like that you would have posted pic's showing yourself as the first to have done internelized gps

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 03:04:41 AM »
yeah you probably could make it internal if you cut through the umd drive so that you could slot it in but then it probably wouldnt get a very good signal, real modders keep their best mods to themselfs as it gives you a better feeling that you have what no one else has.

in response to the first question that no one really answered, no it should be fine if you put switches on it, or one way resistors, the main problem with doing lots of mods attached to the usb is the room that you have, you may find it easier to make a sort of DIY breakout board so that you can work more easily, a switch board may also be useful.
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 03:34:31 AM »
You can hook up a few things to the USB with no problem. When you do the internal go cam, you have to hook a switch to one of the wires to the USB port. Without the switch, you cannot connect to the computer.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline avdude94

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 11:05:34 AM »
ok i'm a noob sorta and i need help with my usb.  i did a charge mod to a 1001-b and a full case mod. now the usb won't recognize when a usb cable is plugged in at all. like i'll connect to usb on my pc with a good usb cable and on my psp and it'll still say "connect a usb cable". is this typical of an incorrect usb charge mod? btw i'm 14 email me if you have an answer.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »
There is nothing wrong with the comp or the psp. You simply have the wire touching the wrong pins. It is touching the first and second pins. It should only be touching the first pin (left to right). Then it should work fine.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline JumpFalcon

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »
You can hook up a few things to the USB with no problem. When you do the internal go cam, you have to hook a switch to one of the wires to the USB port. Without the switch, you cannot connect to the computer.

Thanks, I was just checking. I was going to add a SPDT switch anyway, to turn on/off the charge mod and on/off the gocam mod.

Offline MAG-123

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 11:33:10 AM »
I would love to see those pics of the GPS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal