Author Topic: ~Help or just read and comment~  (Read 2125 times)

Offline iWolfDemon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
~Help or just read and comment~
« on: December 24, 2008, 11:41:55 PM »
~Okay i want to know is there a way to be connected to live and not use the wireless adapter and connection to comp~(if anyone has some info do tell plz tell ~

~Thank You~

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: ~Help or just read and comment~
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 11:57:25 PM »
What do you mean not have any connection to the computer ? You can just run a ADSL cable aka the phone line from the wall to the modem and then the LAN cable from the modem to your Xbox. Is that what you mean ?

Offline iWolfDemon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 12:00:04 AM »
~No like if i have a psp and it has wireless or my comp,but my comp is wireless i haved tried to do that but it wont let me ~ any suggetions?~

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 12:06:29 AM »
OK so your trying to connect to the internet without the use of a computer to support it ? Well if you directly plug the 360 into the modem it should work. I'm not sure I understand what your trying to say. :S

EDIT: You can use your computer to setup a wireless connection and then just disconnect your computer from the network. That should work.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 12:08:18 AM by Max_Kreeger »

Offline iWolfDemon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 12:11:51 AM »
~Okay you just gave me a shot wehat you just siad "You can use your computer to setup a wireless connection and then just disconnect your computer from the network. That should work"....okay lets do this very slow okay now step by step~

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 12:18:13 AM »
lol ok, Just to let you know I've never made a wireless connection before. But it shouldn't be too difficult. Go to start>control panel(make sure its in category view, there's an option to the left of the window)> network and internet connections>wireless network setup wizard. Then just follow the wizard

Here's a tutorial from Microsoft if you need some help or get confused:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesssetup.mspx

Offline iWolfDemon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 12:20:40 AM »
~but i have the phone connection that goes into the modem so i tried to put that in my comp but it did not work~

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 12:23:04 AM »
Your phone connection NEEDS to go into the modem. The modem modulates the signal and then sends it to your computer via the cat 5 data cable aka LAN cable.

EDIT: I still don't understand what your trying to do. To be able to connect to the internet you need a phone line going from the wall and then into your modem, then from your modem a LAN cable needs to go into your computer. Doing that with the 360 also works.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 12:29:38 AM by Max_Kreeger »

Offline iWolfDemon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 12:33:31 AM »
~Okay ...so this can be easyer i need to talk not type sireosly. i cant explain it by comp i can only do that by phone~

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 01:12:48 AM »
Well thats going to be costly because I'm all the way in Australia and your in the US. Have you actually established a connection to the internet, like do you have a internet connection or are you still trying to connect to the net, with your computer. If so I would ring up your ISP (internet service provider) and talk to them, it would be much cheaper than ringing me lol.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 02:43:21 AM »
It sounds like you may not have a wireless router. Having a psp or a computer that can connect to a wireless network dose not mean it will broadcast a signal. Or you have a wireless router and no wireless recever for the xbox. I can't tell. Post pics of what you have and we can figgure out what your trying to say

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal