Author Topic: Idea about how to possibly "fool" a non CFW PSP into playing ripped games  (Read 1134 times)

Offline edge

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Hey guys.

I just thought of this, and I think that you guys would be the best qualified to answer this, but, would it be possible to somehow replace the UMD drive by a card reader or something that would have the unpacked ISOs of the ripped games on them, and of course make the console start the game off of it?

Like I dunno by trying to interface the card reader with the UMD drive's interface? Or even to have a SSD or something instead of the card reader.

I mean, there's a pretty big difference between a card reader's interface and the UMD drive's one but still, maybe?

Or to have a CD-ROM externally wired to the UMD drive, so we could burn the game ISOs to CD/DVD then play them?

I'm talkin about this as an alternative for playing downloaded games on the yet unhacked TA88v3 board

Would ANY of this be possible? (Only mentioning the CD-ROM because it should pretty much have the same wiring as a UMD drive, since they're both optical drives.

Hope to get some answers from the best :D Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 05:02:39 PM by edge »

Offline armis

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:38:21 AM by Nemesis »

Offline edge

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Yeah but I live in France, and I can't find this game.

It's not yet ready to be released man :(, plus they say that it won't work with a 5.xx OFW, which I, along with lots of other users already have :(
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 05:38:28 PM by edge »

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Really? Lol I can't understand french very well =\ Anyway no there was already a thread on this and I believe the answer was "no, it'd be too complicated". The "unhackable" motherboards will be hackable soon anyway, so just wait. NOTHING is unhackable, it just takes time, and effort, etc.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline edge

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
A lot of good will from the hackers and a lot of patience too:p

Damit, this sux, it would have been nice

EDIT: Has anyone actually tried any of those 2 things? :s
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 03:56:28 PM by edge »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal