Author Topic: my start button is acting up...  (Read 1548 times)

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i live in the country my neigbors are trees.
my start button is acting up...
« on: June 13, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »
okay so i was doing a friends controller with a 555 timer its a pelican bay wired one so the solder points are a bit different well i swaped chips to make sure the chip i made works it does i swaped em back and both work so i was about to screw my wireless back together and i had it locked in but not screwed i tested the buttons to make sure the wires were not under any pads well i hit start and my controller turned on im like wtf! i take off the faceplate of it and use the pad bare on the board and it does it again i swaped boards then with my other controller im doing....special work on  :yess: and solder my timer board on and it does it again.... so  :help:

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
Re: my start button is acting up...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 01:50:51 PM »
if i understand correctly your saying that the start button turns the controller on? well all controllers do this it is just another way to turn it on. Hold down start and the controller truns on its nothing to worry about.

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 01:57:54 PM »
if i understand correctly your saying that the start button turns the controller on? well all controllers do this it is just another way to turn it on. Hold down start and the controller truns on its nothing to worry about.

Wow.. I just did that..

I never realised.. lol

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 02:14:03 PM »
well okay i never noticed it before it does't do anythinge ingame or whatever just weird it has never did that before.....

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 07:35:43 AM »
now, just to throw this out there, you may get different affects between his controller and yours using the 555 mod. (any mod acctually) this is going to be due to the supply voltage of the controller. wireless controllers supply 2-3V and wired controllers supply 5V.

in my rapid fire mod, I stated to use the tlc low curent timer, this operates at the lower voltage. you may not need the low curent timer anymore, using a wired controller. although it should not hurt the tlc to run at 5v.

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:43:37 AM »
yeah i works pretty good it sputters abit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal