Author Topic: PSP Phat memory card/button board problems! [PICS ADDED]  (Read 6812 times)

Offline seijuro

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PSP Phat memory card/button board problems! [PICS ADDED]
« on: June 14, 2009, 01:50:13 AM »
Hey all,
ok I have a friend's PSP Phat (which has been dropped  :clap:) and its got a memory card reading problem. When you insert ANY pro duo memory card (sandisk, sony, 256, 512, 1g, 2g) the memory card repeatedly blinks and doesnt stop/no progress. How can this be fixed?

My only theory is that inside the actual slot the prongs maybe bent or distorted in a way that the metal prongs dont line up to the pro duo's metal parts. But I could be wrong. Any other thoughts on how to fix this memory card problem?  :wacko:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 05:21:23 PM by seijuro »

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
Re: PSP Phat memory card slot problems!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 07:58:28 AM »
you could always try a new wifi/ms card. even just to see if thats the problem.
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos
purchases from sniper (fast shipping)

Offline seijuro

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 10:43:20 AM »
you could always try a new wifi/ms card. even just to see if thats the problem.

you mean a whole new memory slot board? but isnt the memory slot board connected/stuck to the mother board? Cuz i have another PSP (my own, also dropped  :eyebrow:) but the memory slot works fine on there; only problem is that the button board is screwed (all face buttons are mixed when pressed).  Could I still replace it?  :help:

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 10:52:09 AM »
the wifi/ms board is connected by a plug/clip on the back of the mobo. the problem could be that board, but when switching boards remember to have the board that works with your mobo. ex.ta-086 ta-079 etc.
as for the one psp with the button problem it might be a loose connection. and might be a easy fix. there are plenty of tuts on how to take apart yours and check the homerow connection and the other ones. and it might work like new again.
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos

Offline seijuro

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 11:16:56 AM »
the wifi/ms board is connected by a plug/clip on the back of the mobo. the problem could be that board, but when switching boards remember to have the board that works with your mobo. ex.ta-086 ta-079 etc.

My friend's mother board is the one that says IC1003 behind the UMD door. And mine, doesnt have that serial number. So im guessing it might be a problem to replace?  :confused:

.....as for the one psp with the button problem it might be a loose connection. and might be a easy fix. there are plenty of tuts on how to take apart yours and check the homerow connection and the other ones. and it might work like new again.

Sorry for the newbness but what do you mean by homerow connection? And about the loose connection, I doubt it, because I checked all the cable/wires and they were def. firmly intact. I thought the PSP with the button problem was gonna be the easiest fix (just replacing my button board with my friend's).... but it still didnt work, pretty frustrating.  :boxed:  :help:

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 11:47:33 AM »
i also ment it might be the clip it goes into i seen them lift off the board/cracked solider. so it would start acting funny or not work at all. i would check both clips on the back of the power board and the mobo one. there small but look carefully.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 11:49:24 AM by injungleist »
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos

Offline seijuro

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 05:41:27 PM »
i also ment it might be the clip it goes into i seen them lift off the board/cracked solider. so it would start acting funny or not work at all. i would check both clips on the back of the power board and the mobo one. there small but look carefully.

Ok, here's what I did. I followed the steps of disassembly of the acidmod tutorial (about 11th down) and checked ALL the cables/wires/clips of the replaced perfectly working ABXY button board (from the other PSP). Inside, the clips that hold down the wires to the power board and behind the ABXY WERE a just a little off, but i put it back in place. Assembled the PSP back together, and guess what, the buttons are STILL mixed up, even with a perfectly working ABXY button board.  :dntknw: Any other suggestions?  :help:

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »
thats about it on where i know to look. so i hope someone else has some ideas. i will look around for some answers.
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 10:33:04 PM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:54:47 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline seijuro

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 07:16:19 AM »
its the connector things
so i'm guessing that the ABXY button board cant be fixed because the connector 'things' are shot? They look ok to me though  :confused:

get a new wifi board there only like 5$-10$

Like i said above, i have a perfectly working one from my other (screwed button board) PSP, and I plan to switch it into the my friend's that has the slot problem....unless it wont work because it came from a different mother board (someone tell me before i do this?). Will this require soldering, or is it plug and play?

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 07:30:33 AM »
the wifi is a plug and play no solidering required.
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos

Offline jakxxx

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 08:52:43 AM »
Can you post a pic of the mixed up board?  Did you try and replace the ribbon cables as well or did you use the original ones?   I know the directional buttons can mess up if you don't put the LCD cage on properly.  Like I said try and post as many pics as you can.

Offline seijuro

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 05:12:15 PM »
Can you post a pic of the mixed up board?  Did you try and replace the ribbon cables as well or did you use the original ones?   I know the directional buttons can mess up if you don't put the LCD cage on properly.  Like I said try and post as many pics as you can.

I took some pics (with the button board problem) with my N95 5MP  :tup:
Pictures ahead
-------

NON-WORKING Button Board PSP VS WORKING
not working button board PSP

working button board PSP

--------
NON-WORKING Actual Button (ABXY) Board VS. WORKING
broke front
broke back  (mountain)  :laughing:

working front
working back

As for the button ribbon cables, gonna switch it up now to see what happens.
 But let me know if you see anything !!  :greedy:

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
Re: PSP Phat memory card/button board problems! [PICS ADDED]
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 06:03:01 PM »
from what i see the one has a broke switch other than that, everything seems intact. i wish i had a extra, i would send it to you. i hope you get this working.
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos

Offline seijuro

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 08:55:26 PM »
from what i see the one has a broke switch other than that, everything seems intact. i wish i had a extra, i would send it to you. i hope you get this working.
Thanks man, after hours spent switching various boards left and right,  i FINALLY got everything working again!!....Almost  :eyebrow:

For people who have the same problem:

For the busted button board: I couldnt fix it, and i dunno why It couldnt be normal even placing in a working button board. I had no choice but to replace the whole mother board, including a working button board, and then it worked fine.

For the busted memory card slot: No choice but to replace it with a working wifi/Memory card board, then it worked fine.

Thanks for all the help, everything is perfect except for one problem:
The Sound isnt working!! When I put earphones/phone jack in, the sound comes out from the external speakers and NOT the earphones (WTF?). When I put it half-way in the sound plays through the earphones  :boxed: Anyone know how to fix this?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:58:33 PM by seijuro »

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 09:08:33 PM »
the motherboard and wifi board arn't a matching pair thats why your having the sound problem you have to make sure the wifi board and motherboard are a matching pair if not you get sound issues like your having hope that helps you out

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 12:46:42 AM »
yeah just from the pics you posted above, you can tell the lobos do not match. The bottom one is like the one I have. It doesn't have the gray crap up by the USB and in the center. It instead has a small spring-loaded contact point.

You need a new wifi board that will match your motherboard.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 11:54:00 PM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:32:01 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline seijuro

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 01:51:35 AM »
the motherboard and wifi board arn't a matching pair thats why your having the sound problem you have to make sure the wifi board and motherboard are a matching pair if not you get sound issues like your having hope that helps you out
You need a new wifi board that will match your motherboard.
lol im still playing with it even though i have to hook up headphones that dont even work right  :wacko: Looks like I need a new wifi/memory card board for the mother board with the letters IC1003 behind the UMD door (is that TA-????) Can someone point me in the right direction where to get the RIGHT one, cheap?   :help:

dude not trying to steal your topic but

That camera is amazing!!

What kind of camera do you have?
haha, thanks man, it really is an amazing camera....ON A CELL PHONE 
Its a Nokia N95 Phone , And it has a 5-megapixel Carl Zeiss Optics Camera. :yess: 

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 06:54:47 AM »
to find the real # of the board its on the right hand side right by the analog stick, this means taking it apart but that's the best way. i looked at mine without taking it apart and most places said it was 079 or something i took it apart and its a 086 so i don't believe in the umd check.
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos

Offline seijuro

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 07:59:14 PM »
thread revival.

Im trying to fix my old Phat PSP that was dropped (the one with a fudged up ABXY button board). My buttons are all screwed up and reversed, square is triangle, triangle is circle, etc etc yada yada :boxed:

As stated above, I tried putting in a working, ABXY button board (from another PSP), but the buttons are STILL screwed up. What am I doing wrong? Everything is connected correctly.
 Why does this still happen? Any insight on this? :help:

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:11:07 PM by seijuro »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal