Author Topic: need help with tweaking hazers code  (Read 3050 times)

Offline trev1058

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
need help with tweaking hazers code
« on: October 11, 2009, 08:59:55 PM »
i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to change the code so it has a finer resolution of fireing rates to choose from, i cant find one that works perfect for halo3

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: need help with tweaking hazers code
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 05:07:59 AM »
you may first want to try and READ the tutorial, which is here: https://acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=29999.0

insdie that thread, you will find a list of fire rates.

Offline trev1058

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 01:24:40 PM »
ive already tried this and i cant find any in the list that work on halo 3 very well. the ones that hazer has it set to on both codes seem to be the best but every couple of shots the assault rifle chokes up, ive tried every fire rate in the list. i was just wondering is there was a way to modify the code so that the different firing rates are closer together so that i will have more choices around the 11 sps range

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 04:13:06 PM »
rf wont woek on the assult riffle it is a full auto gun so it will stutter if rf is turned on, how ever it does increase long rang accuracy wit rf on the assult rifle
but rf is only really any use with a plasma pistol or carbine kind of. 3 shot burst act's like a double shot on the BR which is GOOD :)

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline trev1058

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 05:35:28 PM »
i know their is a sweet spot for the assault rifle at around the 11 sps range. ive seen it done on you tube where the assault rifle shoots like normal with no recoil and with out choking up every couple of shots

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 03:08:08 AM »
there's NO perfect sps for the assualt rifle it's full auto, rf DONT work trust me i play halo alot and i use rf on games where it is usefull

as with any game and any full auto gun rf DONT WORK rf imitates tapping the trigger fast where as all full auto gun require you to hold the trigger, any form of tap wil cause it to stutter, yes you can minimise recoil with som of them but i full the gun will work better without rf

say halo 3 2people with assult rifles 1 with rf 1 with a finger.
they both fire at exactly the same time aiming at exactly the same place on each other.
the 1 without rf wis cos it's a FULL AUTO GUN so tapping the trigger makes it fire slower so basicly the guy with rf is more accurate but fires less bullets. the sweet speed is 11.4 or 10.6 this is as good as it get with halo, but on the ASSULT RIFLE DONT USE RF IT WORKS BETTER WITHOUT IT AS IT IS A FULLT AUTOMATIC RIFLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Merge: October 14, 2009, 03:16:47 AM
in summary HALO 3 RAPID FIRE IS POINTLESS it only works on the 2 worst guns in the game
give up with it
pick up a battle rifle and learn to aim at there head (4shot)

halo 3 odst on the other hand rf is great with the auto mag and plasma pistol but!!!!
ammo is at a premium so dont want to be wasting it spraying and praying wen 1 well placed automag slug in the head will kill anything evan the bigggggggg guys if ya hit the with a overcharged plasma pistol first.
if you dont beleive i know wot im talking bout wen it coms to halo please log onto bungie.net and check my service record my gamertag is the same as my tg on here.
i may not be the best player out there but i've got the experience!!!! 1000g in ODST in a week after release
and oh slow close to the !1750G on halo 3 only 4more to get woop
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 03:16:47 AM by spurgurgle »

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:05:35 PM »
Ummm.......RF at 10.73 on Halo3 practically eliminates recoil on the full auto weapons. It is not about making a full-auto weapon fire automatically, its about eliminating the recoil.

As for the perfect firerate for the rifle, I know about this. There is a single way to do it and it is by putting two slightly different rates in the press time vs the release time (or in my code PULSER and DWELLTIMER). But it wont work with the 1ms interupt, it has to be a 200 usec interupt. I considered changing the code to get that sweet spot, but changing to 200usec interupts destroyed the lower useful range of speeds. And the different timings would have to be hardcoded and make it even more difficult for people to quickly change speeds on thier own since the code was primarily for people who wanted to tweek thier own controller.

So in the end I left that slight stuttering in. The recoil was the primary reason for using RF on Halo3, and the stuttering does not really effect true gameplay vs the recoil. So if you really want to get rid of that stuttering, change the value of PR2 to 0x32 and hardcode the values into PULSER and DWELLTIMER in the interupt to find that perfect speed. I forgot what it was and have no plans to do it again. To have the rifle sputter once every 20 somethign rounds was not worth losing the adjustability of the controller.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal