Author Topic: iphone named worst phone ever  (Read 11222 times)

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: iphone named worst phone ever
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2009, 08:54:05 PM »
I hope every single iPhone lovers' iPhone breaks in some horribly tragic way, and that you can't get a new one.

Why?
Because you're all fanboys.

The iPhone is completely overrated. Yes, it's a good phone. Yes, it has a wide spread range of applications and is immensely developed for. Is it the best? VERY far from it. Is it the worst? Again, very far from it.

It's no doubt a decent phone, but all of you praising it and saying it's so good are wrong. It's no better than any other phone. They all do the same things. The iPhone is just specialized. Google that if you can't figure that out.
Just because it's specialized doesn't make it any better.

There's no point in praising it and saying just how amazing it is -- because it's pointless. Yeah it's good, and certain people have a need for it over other phones.

Sn1p3r, you're the worst. Get off your fanboy throne, will you?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 08:54:48 PM by PspKicks316 »

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2009, 08:58:32 PM »
i love my iPhone 3G. Do i think that it is the best phone? no. is it everything i have ever wanted in a phone and more? yes.  thats why i love it.

Offline chaunzaggaroth

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »
When it comes down to choosing between technology, considering how much I love spending on software, I'll take the lesser evil, the one that allows more open source development and encourages a community that shares and builds off of each other.

You'd figure a forum dedicated to modding would feel similar.

I see nothing wrong with cracking the phone, but praising it for being a valuable product with sufficient support...

I'll put apple above microsoft, but I'll put all else above both.
~chaunzaggaroth

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2009, 12:44:45 AM »
I hope every single iPhone lovers' iPhone breaks in some horribly tragic way, and that you can't get a new one.

Why?
Because you're all fanboys.

The iPhone is completely overrated. Yes, it's a good phone. Yes, it has a wide spread range of applications and is immensely developed for. Is it the best? VERY far from it. Is it the worst? Again, very far from it.

It's no doubt a decent phone, but all of you praising it and saying it's so good are wrong. It's no better than any other phone. They all do the same things. The iPhone is just specialized. Google that if you can't figure that out.
Just because it's specialized doesn't make it any better.

There's no point in praising it and saying just how amazing it is -- because it's pointless. Yeah it's good, and certain people have a need for it over other phones.

Sn1p3r, you're the worst. Get off your fanboy throne, will you?

i wish you wouldn't make sweeping generalisations...

like i have said many a time, how good a phone is is dependent on opinion, which is what you have conveyed in a method to attempt to make it look like fact.

my opinion is worth no more than yours, and vice versa.

can someone close this thread, i grow weary of it.

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2009, 04:56:46 AM »
FTW I have posted no openion in the matter, just provided a link to the story I read.

but I own a blackberry bold. and its not the best phone, but I like it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 05:11:29 AM by modded matt »

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2009, 05:09:04 AM »
Im not fanboying'ing, but in the history of phones i've had, nothing comes close. IMO no phone has an OS as polished as the iPhone. Most moblie OS'es are ports, such as Android and winmo.

I like combining multiple devices into 1 device. Media player yes. (crappy) mobile Vidoe game system yes. Web browser yes.

Android and WinMo arent as good at those tasks. I had a LG Incite and a G1, so ive used everything.

And i actually have a couple gripes of the iphone:
poor battery life
Runs out of RAM
Boot time
$30 data

The phone i plan on getting (im selling my phone BTW), is the HTC HD2. I dont need a data plan if i dont use the net, where as iphone uses data when ever it can.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 05:12:43 AM by SN!P3R »
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2009, 01:48:11 PM »
FTW I have posted no openion in the matter, just provided a link to the story I read.
I didn't notice that... I lol'ed

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 01:41:01 AM »
Ok, I'm not a fan boy of Apple nor of Microsoft. I use both in synergy and realize the good and bad aspects of both same goes for Unix. My views on phones is the same deal. The iPhone is not exactly the greatest in terms of phone features but it is an outstanding gadget which for me sealed a purchase. I would have got an iPod Touch but I did want the 3G capability and camera. Now, I thoroughly enjoy the mac interface in regards to both usability and the general look of it. Coming from a designer, aesthetics does play a part especially as there is no rival to the theme side of the iPhone as well goes for Mac OSX. It is pleasant to look at and use daily because of the usability. Personally I believe Apple should have simply released it as an iPod Touch or another apple branded gadget as it's gadget value is so diverse and rewarding that I find it hard to beat it. That said it would lose the 3G and I wouldn't be able to surf on the go which I find very helpful (Good 3G reception here in Melbourne from my experience).

You've probably noticed though that a lot of my favorite parts of the iPhone and iPod Touch are personal because we all have our individual tastes which the iPhone may or may not cater for. Politics are politics, opinions are opinions, which makes them all correct, and incorrect at the same time, and makes a subject like this impossible to conclude. This is simply my view and I'm not saying disregarding every other phone or gadget, just that out of choice and experience I've found the iPhone to be cater for my tastes and needs.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2009, 01:50:37 AM »
Personally Apple fanboy here. Grew up with apple in my blood.
the iPhone is a great phone, I mean I really don't know what I would do without it now.
I mean I use it to check the amount of data limit I have left with my internet to something like finding a good close restaurant or too something to simple as playing addicting games while I am waiting at the bus stop.
Some phones have these features, but I highly doubt that they would have them all.
However like Sniper said it is a sucker to battery, however I do not experience running out of ram.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2009, 07:47:22 AM »
I agree with both sides of this argument, but imo there two reasons the iPhone is on top of the market right now (disregarding the availability and number of apps, since that is only a matter of time before other phones catch up) and why so many people want them and continue to purchase them:

simplicity and consolidation... and they go hand in hand...

the iPhone truly consolidates multiple electronic devices into one easy to use package. the cellphone industry isn't driven by the tech savvy, it's driven by everyday people the huge majority of whom don't know the difference between a kbit and a Kbyte, let alone the differences between processors, OSes, or much of anything else for that matter. they just know that it's subsidized, it's cool, it's easy to use, and it puts their PDA, MP3 player and Cell Phone in one device, and all they have to do is plug it in, open one program (iTunes), hit one button (sync), unplug it and go, and everything works and the UI is simple... that's what it's about, simplicity and consolidation...

Do I think it's the best phone? No, I think the 'Droid' (at least that's what Verizon bills it as) would be the best phone, but am I gonna buy one? No, I'm gonna buy an iPhone when I ditch my iPod touch... why? consolidation and simplicity (though it'll get jailbroken and unlocked as soon as it's out of the box).
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2009, 12:10:32 PM »
yeah like i said earlier. the iphone is great, but is hyped up wayyy to much. Im getting the Motorola Milestone when it comes out in Canada for GSM networks (same phone as the Verizion DROID) to replace the G1 because i have not ever been happier with a phone operating system, other than Android. (Plus the Milestone for Rogers will work with ATT 3g compared to my G1 which only supports ATT EDGE connections.

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2009, 12:17:47 PM »
android is a great OS, the biggest thing it has over the iPhone imo is flash support, i understand why apple won't support flash but think it's a dumb reason to not add the most requested feature...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2009, 03:53:16 PM »
android is a great OS, the biggest thing it has over the iPhone imo is flash support, i understand why apple won't support flash but think it's a dumb reason to not add the most requested feature...
because adobe and apple have contract disagreements.

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2009, 11:33:49 AM »
because adobe and apple have contract disagreements.

yeah, they both need to just suck it up and reap the benefits...

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2009, 03:23:27 PM »
Most of thread, tl;dr, so I'll just say an observation I've made: The iPhone is a great overall smartphone. Fast, effecting, and easily usable in comparison to other ones. But like any smartphone it's got it's flaws.

as a random addin, I recently bought a Samsung Omnia 2, and for a Windows Mobile phone, I'm actually surprised with it. It's a nice phone

/randomthreadjack

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2009, 03:32:21 PM »
as a random addin, I recently bought a Samsung Omnia 2, and for a Windows Mobile phone, I'm actually surprised with it. It's a nice phone

the new WinMo is actually supposed to be a really good OS from what I've heard...

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2009, 05:27:37 PM »
the new WinMo is actually supposed to be a really good OS from what I've heard...

Yeah WinMo 6.5 is exceptional compared to other versions.

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2009, 09:37:01 AM »
i am using 6.5 on my touch pro 2 and it is pretty good. no major hickups anymore

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2009, 10:18:24 AM »
Im not fanboying'ing, but in the history of phones i've had, nothing comes close. IMO no phone has an OS as polished as the iPhone. Most moblie OS'es are ports, such as Android and winmo.

I like combining multiple devices into 1 device. Media player yes. (crappy) mobile Vidoe game system yes. Web browser yes.

Android and WinMo arent as good at those tasks. I had a LG Incite and a G1, so ive used everything.

And i actually have a couple gripes of the iphone:
poor battery life
Runs out of RAM
Boot time
$30 data

The phone i plan on getting (im selling my phone BTW), is the HTC HD2. I dont need a data plan if i dont use the net, where as iphone uses data when ever it can.
Android and WiMo aren't ports.
VZW data is also $30. IIRC t-mo is near there too.
The iphone actually has stupendous battery life and, as I've used, never runs our of RAM.
Funny.

If you're going to critisize another mOS, you have to use a good phone. The g1 doesn't run a good version of Android and never will. The incite is just plain crap.
Holy crap. You amaze me.

This thread should be closed.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:19:49 AM by PspKicks316 »

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2009, 11:11:35 AM »

did i not say that earlier lol

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2009, 11:15:22 AM »
Android and WiMo aren't ports.
VZW data is also $30. IIRC t-mo is near there too.
The iphone actually has stupendous battery life and, as I've used, never runs our of RAM.
Funny.

If you're going to critisize another mOS, you have to use a good phone. The g1 doesn't run a good version of Android and never will. The incite is just plain crap.
Holy crap. You amaze me.

Yeah I'll have to agree. In order to get a good compairison of the other mOS' you've gotta try them on good phones. For andriod you'd have to use something like the HTC Hero or Dream, and for Windows Mobile, Take an Omnia 2 with 6.5 for a run. I've toyed with a couple android phones, and I own a windows mobile phone (O2). They're a :censored: ton better than you'd expect.

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2009, 11:18:57 AM »
Again, some need a wise lesson from deda.....lol

Guys, Evryone has his good point and his bad point, the same with phones.
you like pink, he likes yellow, i like red...we all got out different opinions and choices.
it's good to let other people know your opinion but dont try to bash the product or the thing they like, that is just not right.

Respect the opninion/choice other members make. if they dont elt me know and ill kick their ass, you guys dont need to.

thanks

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2009, 01:35:23 PM »
Kicks, you call a days worth if normal usage stupendous? Funny.

And yes, I you have a bunch of tabs in safari JB tells me I have 10 MB free when I try to close a tab
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 01:37:44 PM by SN!P3R »
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2009, 02:34:44 PM »
Kicks, you call a days worth if normal usage stupendous? Funny.

And yes, I you have a bunch of tabs in safari JB tells me I have 10 MB free when I try to close a tab
Really? Because every single person I know gets a few days worth per charge.
Oh, and even on my iTouch (Which has less RAM) I can have a ton off tabs open (and RAM heavy apps) and not run low.

Stop arguing with me.

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2009, 03:37:53 PM »
Really? Because every single person I know gets a few days worth per charge.
Oh, and even on my iTouch (Which has less RAM) I can have a ton off tabs open (and RAM heavy apps) and not run low.
I get 4 days of charge on average. :D

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2009, 04:06:14 PM »
I've been getting around 9 hours before seeing the 20% or 10% warning. That's moderate to heavy web surfing, email, camera, address book and light iPod and cell usage. This doesn't include standby time -- usually I can go for a day and a half without charging.

^^ that's what I get.

@ alentris : I'm talking normal usage not standby. And the 3GS
not the 3G.

Quit trolling and comparing an iPod touch to an iPhone pspkicks316.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2009, 04:09:57 PM »
Quit trolling and comparing an iPod touch to an iPhone pspkicks316.
... He isn't trolling, he's a well known member of the forum.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2009, 04:14:59 PM »
He is insulting another forum member, and he doesn't even own an iPhone, so pipe down.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2009, 04:40:44 PM »
This is getting ridiculous and inflammatory, no one is arguing specs just opinions...

Lock please...

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2009, 10:26:30 PM »
locked because you guys dont know when to shut it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal