Author Topic: What LEDs to use?  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
What LEDs to use?
« on: December 10, 2009, 01:59:07 PM »
I'm going to put LEDs in my a, b, x, and y buttons (yes, I know it's unoriginal) and I haven't had much success with this before. I tried drilling out the buttons and putting in 3mm white LEDs, but this felt weird and didn't look to great. I also tried putting in surface-mount LEDs but they were too weak and the wires became disconnected a lot. So I'm asking if you guys have done it before, and what LED have worked the best for you?
Links would also be very helpful :)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
Re: What LEDs to use?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 05:37:01 PM »
LOL......

cheers matt...

:tup:

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 08:53:24 PM »
Well that was pretty recent. Thanks

Offline Amerikun Soljia

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 04:17:21 PM »
Well I'll tell you guys what. Since he sent ME the shell, it is a most beautifull pintjob. And by looking at it up close and personal, you can tell it is hand painted. I saw an odst controller t gamestop, and milko's looked much better, why, because it was hand done. There is a certain level of care and appreciation put into something like this. I most certainly appreciate it, and I am exstatic to have receieved this shell from him. I love it, and I use it n a daily basis.
When I have the time and resources to do some mods, I will, and I promise to post pics and vids. But for now, I am broke, an short on time. rest assured I will eventually mod this controller out.

y nomeni patri et fili, y spiritu sancti.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »
Well I'll tell you guys what. Since he sent ME the shell, it is a most beautifull pintjob. And by looking at it up close and personal, you can tell it is hand painted. I saw an odst controller t gamestop, and milko's looked much better, why, because it was hand done. There is a certain level of care and appreciation put into something like this. I most certainly appreciate it, and I am exstatic to have receieved this shell from him. I love it, and I use it n a daily basis.
When I have the time and resources to do some mods, I will, and I promise to post pics and vids. But for now, I am broke, an short on time. rest assured I will eventually mod this controller out.
Lol wrong thread?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal