Author Topic: xbox 360 controller button dimensions  (Read 17387 times)

Offline lakrulez14

• Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • AcidMods Rule
xbox 360 controller button dimensions
« on: December 14, 2009, 02:39:40 PM »
i need the length width and depth of each button on the xbox 360 controller and the length and width of the analog sticks. now i would do this myself but i wnt be home and there is no xbox controller around me that i would be able to take apart and measure. so if anybody is willing to help i would appreciate it. p.s i did search google and bing, no luck.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
Re: xbox 360 controller button dimensions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 02:43:27 PM »
I know the ABXY buttons are 9mm diameter (I had my Halo3 controller with some custom buttons made from 9mm casings...) that's all I know... and don't have a set of calipers handy either...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 02:48:26 PM »
I know the ABXY buttons are 9mm diameter (I had my Halo3 controller with some custom buttons made from 9mm casings...) that's all I know... and don't have a set of calipers handy either...
Wow, not to get too off topic but I would love to see some pics of that mod! That sounds cool.  If it is harder than just replacing them and filling with glue or something maybe could you maybe make a short tut on how to do it.

Offline lakrulez14

• Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • AcidMods Rule
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 03:53:14 PM »
thank you for the buttons. im probably goin to find a pic off of the internet measure it and convert it to the actual size but those buttons are helpful thx. :tup:

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
Wow, not to get too off topic but I would love to see some pics of that mod! That sounds cool.  If it is harder than just replacing them and filling with glue or something maybe could you maybe make a short tut on how to do it.

I threw out the old ones cause they were a little uncomfortable to play with, but now that I have a second 360 and some extra controllers I'm gonna put some back in the Halo controller...

It's not too difficult to do, and next time I go out to the in-laws (for christmas) my father-in-law and I are going to go the the firing range so I'll save a bunch more casings and write up a tut on how I make them... I've seen a few different people make them, but I don't really like the method they use (trimming off some of the casing and then trimming off the top of a button and gluing them together) I think it looks bad and I don't like to destroy the buttons (I wanna be able to reuse them if I want)...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 05:28:18 PM »
yeah im thinking a .223/.556 cartridge, or something similar would be your best bet. Err, idk .223 is a little bigger than the buttons, hmm ill look around my house and see what caliber fits best.

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »
Yeah, thanks!  Looking forward to the tut!  I found some tid bits of info on how to do it, but I figured there were multiple ways and that I would just wait for some more info on it until I destroyed another set of buttons...  If you do get the tut up could you post on this thread or PM me so I see it? thanks.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »
yeah im thinking a .223/.556 cartridge, or something similar would be your best bet. Err, idk .223 is a little bigger than the buttons, hmm ill look around my house and see what caliber fits best.

no, the 9mm fits perfectly...  This isn't one of my controllers but this way you can see what it looks like...

Here's a shot of this guy's (digitizd) finished controller...

The d-pad is 12 gauge, and the guide button is 30-30... I don't have access to either of those at the moment so I can't use them... I would like to get my hands on some of them, however... If anyone has some spent 12 gauge and 30-30 shells please let me know...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:00:05 AM by jrfhoutx »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 09:39:56 AM »
the shells in the pics, dont appear to be spent. there are no hammer marks on them?

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 10:06:14 AM »
the shells in the pics, dont appear to be spent. there are no hammer marks on them?

they are not 'spent', you can purchase or refurb casings and reuse them... but they are 'empty'...
there are plenty of places out there that sell casings for you to fill on your own...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:08:53 AM by jrfhoutx »

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 11:12:25 AM »
Yeah, I actually already found that pic on the internet fight after your first post about it.  That guy has a bunch of other cool mods too.  If you check out some of those paint jobs they are sick.  How do you get that look?

Offline TheProGraMer

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 11:53:49 PM »
no, the 9mm fits perfectly...  This isn't one of my controllers but this way you can see what it looks like...

Here's a shot of this guy's (digitizd) finished controller...

The d-pad is 12 gauge, and the guide button is 30-30... I don't have access to either of those at the moment so I can't use them... I would like to get my hands on some of them, however... If anyone has some spent 12 gauge and 30-30 shells please let me know...

oh God are those Unused Primers? Gees better not drop that controller!
*Might Explode... or Catch Fire!*

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 12:02:34 AM »
Thats sick bet that controller weighs more with those in it but dont matter looks badass.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal