Author Topic: play ipod through turtle beach headset?  (Read 6602 times)

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i live in the country my neigbors are trees.
play ipod through turtle beach headset?
« on: February 15, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
my turtle beach earforce x1 connects to the xbox controller though a "sound amplifier" it has built in and you can unplug the mic from it so you can just use it for computer use (search the headset you'll find the specs) i want to make a double ended audio jack for my ipod so i can connect one end to the ipod another to the turtle beach and play CLEAR audio through my ipod. you guys understanding? but i have no idea how to make that work im for sure its a 3.5mm audio jack for the ipod but the xbox im not so sure and how would i wire the jacks and connect the two? and will this work at all?

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: play ipod through turtle beach headset?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 07:17:54 PM »
doesn't the turtle beach do some funky stuff to the voice from the xbox controller?  All you need is a 2.5mm headset adapter to a 3.5mm cable for the ipod.

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 07:14:17 PM »
okay doke and never heard of the voice messing up for turtle beach? i just bought the turtle beach from a friend and graw 2 bf bad company for me doing his rapid fire mod :D

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 07:34:15 PM »
okay doke and never heard of the voice messing up for turtle beach? i just bought the turtle beach from a friend and graw 2 bf bad company for me doing his rapid fire mod :D
I thought the turtle beach can amplify the volume from the controller over the game sounds so you can actually hear it.  I don't know if it will do the same for the ipod or not but it's still worth a shot.  I'm pretty sure it will work no problem either way.

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 07:49:53 PM »
okay so... i wired together two 3.5mm's together and bought a 3.5mm to 2.5mm audio converter i plug this into my controller and it tells me there is a mic but...... i cannot get music to play through it and then i remembered the xbox mic cord has like 6 wires if i remember right (i broke the wire by accident and didn't realy look at it) and the 3.5mm wire i was using had only 3 wires anyone know how to wire this up correctly i know this is possible because ive listened to people playing clear music over xbox live

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal