Author Topic: Speakers for a school project...  (Read 1531 times)

Offline deathshells

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Certified Fur:censored:
Speakers for a school project...
« on: April 18, 2010, 03:06:22 PM »
Im using a pair of speakers from a company called chong ngai if that means anything to anyone before i start XD
anyways, i got these speakers and they do not take batteries, there was a little amplifier inside which made it loud for me instead, the only disadvantage is the only connection i got was one for a sony ericsson, and i need to change it  to a standard audio male plug. bigger problem is that the speakers were supposed to come with a few different attachments and they connected via the same usb socket as on the psp... meanin i am now trying to figure out a way to turn a usb port into an audio jack! bloody hell its complicated for me :(

anyway, ive taken a few pics and i hope you clever people can help me out with this, i think this has been the most problematic school project ive ever had! GAH!

anyways, here ya go:

With the sony ericson adapter connected:

speakers themselves:

other photos

hope these are ok as i dont actually own a decent camera yet, just a  modded out camdriver on a 2 megapixel W810i! lol.
If everything is going well, you've probably overlooked something.

Offline froggy

• SAN ANTO'S CUSTOM CHEVY'S
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Green Mexican
Re: Speakers for a school project...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »
wow thats cool, were did you order them from, and for how much
ITS TIME FOR IGNITION, AND STRAIGHT AUTOMOBILE PIMPIN!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 03:29:47 PM »
Well, chances are you'll have two ground pins, left audio, and right audio.

See which pins on the USB port lead to the large open areas of the board that have the green solder mask over it. That's probably the grounds.
The left/right audio is the same, just separate for each channel. Those won't matter when you hook them up.

Offline froggy

• SAN ANTO'S CUSTOM CHEVY'S
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Green Mexican
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 03:32:39 PM »
hey kicks, what do you mean by left and right audio, would they be the positve and negative, or what?
ITS TIME FOR IGNITION, AND STRAIGHT AUTOMOBILE PIMPIN!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 03:36:07 PM »
Left/Right audio is the positive, the other connects to ground.

Stereo headphone plugs/jacks have 1 (or 2) ground pins and then left/right audio channel pins. Ground is negative (duh) and then the audio channel is the positive.

It's not the same as a voltage positive, though. You can just refer to it as the audio positive, though.

Offline deathshells

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 08:43:13 AM »
wow thats cool, were did you order them from, and for how much
i got the speakers from a car boot for 50p although they were damaged speakers and one didnt work... so cannabalised another pair of portable speakers which ran on 4 AA's and wired those in (the white things) they were just as loud if not louder. the sony ericsson speakers run on the same principle... i just cant get those apart as easily and from the one speaker that DID originally work on these sounded just as good. Im sure you'd be able to find the thingson google somewhere :)

anyway:

in response to pspkicks 316 i assume you mean the two pins that are highlighted with the lighter green on the board are the negatives... they sead onto the two capacitors... and so that means that i can use any one of the THREE remaining pins for a positive for the cables im putting in...

EDIT: http://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml dont know if anyone will find this usefull, i couldnt really mak head nor tail of it after i wired the thing in a few different ways :(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 08:46:17 AM by deathshells »

Offline deathshells

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 07:41:10 AM »
I know this was a while ago but ive decided to just wire in some mains speakers into irt now, although i would still GREATLY appreciate knowing what to do regarding previous posts! as using them for things other than my sony ericsson would be helpful!
thanks guys!  :yess:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal