Author Topic: Led Mod in a Xbox 360 controller with clear case, some issues  (Read 1925 times)

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
Led Mod in a Xbox 360 controller with clear case, some issues
« on: October 26, 2010, 01:36:55 PM »
Hi guys

I want to do a new mod on a xbox 360 controller. I have a matrix controller and i have bought a clear cases. I will put over 20 smd red leds in on the front and 10 in the back. I am going to put all in series to have only two wires in front and two wires in the back.

Then I have an issue. What resistor and how much i need?? Also I would like to put a dyp switck to turn it on and off when i want but i have never use it one. It would be like a normal switch?? I mean, positive of leds would go to the DYP switch and then to the mobo and negative directly to the mobo??

This is what i want to do moreless:

Any help would be great

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
Re: Led Mod in a Xbox 360 controller with clear case, some issues
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:40:21 AM »
um just a few tips
 u could wire them all in parallel and not need a resistor if u used the contact on the left of the board (the one we use to power rf on matrix controllers)

in my view this would be a simplified way of doing it.... but ur way would work.. if theres enough power to power that many leds in series......

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
Re: Led Mod in a Xbox 360 controller with clear case, some issues
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 01:57:40 PM »
thanks spurgurgle for your reply. i think i was wrong. I started to do it in parallel not in series because i only cut two wires and i soldered the leds int them

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 06:00:12 AM by rafaliyo86 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal